ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Tiger will be a fool if he let's his ego get the best of him and puts himself on the team instead of selecting Na as a Captain's pick. Guy is just playing too well and is a putting machine to leave off of the team.

Tiger will be a fool if he let's his ego get the best of him and puts himself on the team instead of selecting Na as a Captain's pick. Guy is just playing too well and is a putting machine to leave off of the team.
I think there is a certain amount of pressure the PGA Tour will put on Tiger to pick himself. Doesn’t make it right and I’d rather him not play but I think he will pick himself. With it being in Australia and the times they will play they want as many eyeballs on this event as they can get.

I like Kevin Na. I'd also take Tiger at 75% over him in a team match play event every time.

Last edited:
Yep, what a travesty it would be if the current Masters Champion, World #9, and Top 2 golfer of all time picked himself in an event that needs all added-intrigue it can muster to begin with.
I get that. Also get that he is 24-15-1 in President Cup matches. I also get that he has barely played the past several months, coming off yet another surgery, and is a first time Captain who has several guys playing very well at his disposal if he wants them while he worries about being a Captain.

That said, Cawood makes a great point about the brass who will pressure him to play to boost ratings. Agree, at this stage of his career, anytime Tiger is able to play is one more opportunity we need to enjoy since there is no telling when it will be over for him.

US will likely win either way since they always have a big advantage in this particular event, but I really hope they start getting the BS politics out of the Ryder Cup Captain Choice selections and pick the right guys who give them the best chance to win.

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.
OT, played Olde Stone last Friday. Second time down there. Course was in beautiful shape, really a unique track, that probably would not be to everyone's taste, hard as hell for the average golfer, for one thing, my game is just not up to it at the moment. Has any number of super elevated greens, but they were rolling well, and zoisia fairways are always a plus. They have added a par 3 course and putting course since i was there last, putting course was a trip, you can invent some ridiculous sidehill, downhill holes that Jack Nicklaus in his prime would do well to 2 putt. It is worth the effort to play there, but unless you can really play, it can eat your lunch.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Easiest Golf Courses on PGA Tour (Keene Trace #4)

I saw that, surprised it was only no. 4 on the list, given that 2 of the par 5s are essentially par 4s for the pros. :sunglasses:

Similar field tore up Greenbriar as well, something like -21 on a par 70 or 71. These guys are good, not much you can do these days, even at Pebble Beach, under US Open conditions, Woodland was -12 or so, IIRC.

I don’t think so.

They had a lottery registration to purchase tickets a few months ago. People were notified that they “won” the lottery... but it was no longer to purchase tickets but to receive a code to try to purchase tickets. You then had to login at 10:00 this morning to wait in a virtual line until 11:00. At 11:00, they released a few tix and shifted the rest to their secondary market provider... and left everyone still waiting online for hours without knowing they weren’t being sold or just kicked people offline.

For those people that actually “won” the right to buy tickets, many were then kicked offline when they went to pay.

Not good.

Hopefully Bethpage has a better handle on beer/concessions by then once you get out on the course, b/c it was absolutely ridiculous if you were thirsty.

No argument there...long treks between holes didn't bode well when you needed a drink.

Viktor Hovland shot an opening 69 at the CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges on Thursday to continue a remarkable streak. He now has shot in the 60s for 18 consecutive PGA Tour rounds, breaking the previous record set by Bob Estes in 2001.

That's just stupid.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Just got a slightly used TS2 driver. Maybe the sweetest and most forgiving driver I have hit. Also just received a new set of BRIDGESTONE JGR HF2 irons. Not had a chance to play a round with them yet, but they look sweet.

Anyone ever hit the Bombtech wedges? I have been reading reviews and watching YouTube videos and they seem to be well liked. You can get a 52, 56 and 60 degree for around around $150 and the Volcano finish looks pretty sweet.

MM2727-Titleist-SuperSize-Howitzer-Ti-Driver-RH.jpg

I’d say Tiger got it going after the bogey, bogey, bogey start. Just 9 birdies and no bogeys rest of the way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT