ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Reports out that Koepka and DJ had to be separated on Sunday night. Just keeps getting better. What a clown show.

My money is on Brooks. Even though both of them are the quiet guys and often times the quiet guys are more dangerous than the mouthy ones, I get the impression Brooks would make quick work of DJ.

Reactions: cat_chaser
Oh...

Johnson's fiancee, Paulina Gretzky, was reported to have been close by when the alleged incident happened. One of the European players’ wives also was a witness, according to The Telegraph, which also said that "an insider" reported that she was “clearly shocked and upset by the nastiness, which was very threatening."

DJ is a borderline retarded drug addict who also happens to be an immensely talented golfer. My money is on Koepka being right on whatever the argument was about if it really happened.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
DJ "and his baby momma" is a borderline retarded drug addict who also happens to be an immensely talented golfer. My money is on Koepka being right on whatever the argument was about if it really happened.

FIFY...and yes, agree ---odds are that Brooks is on the side of right whatever took place.

My money is on Brooks. Even though both of them are the quiet guys and often times the quiet guys are more dangerous than the mouthy ones, I get the impression Brooks would make quick work of DJ.

Agree 100%. Short and (massively) stocky would crush tall, lanky, and drugged up. Either knock him out with a punch to the jaw or spear him through the floor.

[sick]

Unfortunately, that result seems to be the case. According tomultiple reportsRemande has lost vision in her right eye, and, according to her husband Raphael, it is only possible that she may be able to see shapes when the bruising eases in the coming weeks. Speaking with reporters after leaving the hospital, Corine added information about the procedure. She said that a scan confirmed her eyeball “exploded” and her eye socket was fractured. Surgeons were reportedly able to sew the eyeball back together, but permanent damage seems to have been done.

https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/10/02/ryder-cup-woman-struck-tee-shot-loses-vision/

Geez. Awful.

Could be way off on Brooks but he seems like a matter-of-fact type guy that doesn't care for the drama. Anyone that has had a buddy like DJ knows, they're fun at times but eventually, the bullshit wears thin on you.

Well, in the US she wouldn’t have a case because you assume the risk when you attend an event like this.

And, it happened in France so it will be governed by French law so who knows what their law is on this.

Couldn't she sue Keopka? If I'm playing at a course and hit somebody in their backyard, I'm liable, not the course. Maybe this is different because it's a paid event.

In Kentucky, she could not sue Keopka, the course, the PGA, or anyone else involved, and win. I can't speak for every state, but they are most likely the same. I have no clue what those French bastards use as their law, so I have no idea on that. Although, I would be very surprised if even over there she could make a recovery.

Couldn't she sue Keopka? If I'm playing at a course and hit somebody in their backyard, I'm liable, not the course. Maybe this is different because it's a paid event.

Nope. At least not in the states. Plus there is a monumental difference between hitting into someone’s property than being a paid patron at a sporting event; from a legal standpoint.

Reed is an easy target (and normally deservedly) but splitting one of the few winning Ryder Cup pairings because Spieth seems to have incredibly thin skin and wanted to play with his buddy is just catering to ego.

Believe we're at the point where we can officially call Reed a little bitch boy. Dude is hated by everyone he's been around, family, teammates, college teammates. Says something when an entire team doesn't want to play with you after his recent performances.

That sucks. I wonder if she can sue the PGA or if her standing next to the fairway at a golf tournament is an "at your own risk" type of thing.

You really wanting her to sue someone, eh? Awful for her but come on accidents happen. Standing along the fairway in the landing zone better have that head on a swivel.

You really wanting her to sue someone, eh? Awful for her but come on accidents happen. Standing along the fairway in the landing zone better have that head on a swivel.

Haha, no, I'm honestly just curious. However, I also feel bad for her and can imagine how outrageous her hospital bills will be along with the impact that being blind in one eye can have on someone's future earnings.

But yes, it's a freak accident. By all accounts Koepka was really torn up about it too. I wouldn't be surprised if he offered some restitution out of guilt/kindness anyway.

Haha, no, I'm honestly just curious. However, I also feel bad for her and can imagine how outrageous her hospital bills will be along with the impact that being blind in one eye can have on someone's future earnings.

But yes, it's a freak accident. By all accounts Koepka was really torn up about it too. I wouldn't be surprised if he offered some restitution out of guilt/kindness anyway.

Feel awful for her as well but the answer isn't always "how do they get paid".

Freak accident. Besides France has a socialized(ish) health care. [winking]

Couple things. Not sure the injured party is French so the socialized medicine may not help. Also saw somewhere I think that the lady and her husband had traveled from Egypt to watch the RC. Guessing money may not be an issue for them.

And not a chance in hell Koepka gives her anything. It would be stupid to do so as he did nothing wrong and that’s not a precedent you want to set.

Well, in the US she wouldn’t have a case because you assume the risk when you attend an event like this.

And, it happened in France so it will be governed by French law so who knows what their law is on this.

100% correct

Call me a traitor, but I was pulling like hell for Rory in the Masters against Reed because: 1) I always liked Rory; 2) I wanted to see a career slam; 3) I read that Reed did not give his parents tickets to the Masters and they live in Augusta. Sounds like a major dick to me.

Call me a traitor, but I was pulling like hell for Rory in the Masters against Reed because: 1) I always liked Rory; 2) I wanted to see a career slam; 3) I read that Reed did not give his parents tickets to the Masters and they live in Augusta. Sounds like a major dick to me.

Yep. Seems like his wife has a Svengali type affect and hold on him.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Believe we're at the point where we can officially call Reed a little bitch boy.

...and it seems to be a well earned rep. Still doesn’t mean (a) Reed isn’t telling the truth about Spieth and (b) Spieth isn’t getting an unwarranted pass on also being a bitch.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
...and it seems to be a well earned rep. Still doesn’t mean (a) Reed isn’t telling the truth about Spieth and (b) Spieth isn’t getting an unwarranted pass on also being a bitch.

What the hell is Spieth being a bitch about? He didn't want to play with Reed because Reed's a prick. He played with his friend Thomas and proceeded to go 3-1. Reed played with the greatest player of this generation and got smoked twice. Only someone totally un-self aware like Reed would even bring it up.

The Spieth/Thomas pairing isn’t the only one that matters. Spieth didn’t just break up the Reed pairing. It also broke up Thomas/Fowler which was the best pairing at the Presidents Cup.

They were losing this thing regardless of the pairings. Just not good team chemistry. DJ-Reed-Bubba-Dechambeau-Tiger are just not team guys. I don't know that there's a solution to the problem as these guys are all great players, but in a team concept we are going to struggle especially over there when precision is the key and not power.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Rumors that DJ and Koepka had to pulled apart on the plane ride over. Wonder if it started over Koepka saying he did not need interviews by the media to feel important.

**Golf club update**

Got the p790s and they are incredible. But the project x 6.5 are a little harsh and probably a bit too stiff for me. I found a guy on GCT who is going to sell me a set of DG S300s for $85 and I'm going to have them put in. Hopefully I'm finished f*cking with my irons, but no promises, for sure.

**Update #2**

Edwin Watts in Destin was very noncommital about installing the shafts within 3-4 days, so I found a guy about an hour away from Destin to install them for me.

That GCT page is about the only good thing on Facebook.

Last edited:
Tough day for Snedeker. He was 5 up with 11 holes to play and couldn’t close the deal. Kevin Tway picks up his first PGA win.

Tough day for Snedeker. He was 5 up with 11 holes to play and couldn’t close the deal. Kevin Tway picks up his first PGA win.

That was just a gradual, slow collapse. He couldn’t stop hitting it left and continuously put himself in trouble on the back. Glad he got the win at the Wyndham so this maybe didn’t hurt as bad.

I hate golf.
Golf sucks.
I feel like Captain Randolph Junna except I don’t have a Bagger Vance to mysteriously show up and help me find my swing again.

Got to play Hurstbourne Country Club today for the first time and wow. Place was immaculate. Some of the fastest greens I've ever played and in amazing condition.

Reactions: wildcat1973
ADVERTISEMENT