ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Alright guys. I played with @cawoodsct and @cole854 and another friend of ours today. Cawood played his usual steady round but LHFUKOCole played maybe the best round I’ve seen him play.

I give him a lot of crap on here as do others but I play a lot of golf with him too. He deserves a shout out for the way he played today. He and cawood kicked our asses today. Congrats guys.

Alright guys. I played with @cawoodsct and @cole854 and another friend of ours today. Cawood played his usual steady round but LHFUKOCole played maybe the best round I’ve seen him play.

I give him a lot of crap on here as do others but I play a lot of golf with him too. He deserves a shout out for the way he played today. He and cawood kicked our asses today. Congrats guys.

Given that you were a hair of owning the golf course after that slippery hill, you get major props for finishing the round. Many would have thrown a WD on that one.

Given that you were a hair of owning the golf course after that slippery hill, you get major props for finishing the round. Many would have thrown a WD on that one.

LOL. I tell you what, I am sore and stiff this morning. Gonna be an Advil day after that fall.

Does that mean Cole paid up on his Tiger bets?

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
In regards to the Reed/Spieth pairing, Reed is right... but Spieth is a media darling so he won’t be called out for it. This was the kind of thing Koepka was talking about.

Hell... even the NLU guys were saying one of the reasons Furyk split them was Spieth didn’t like being outshined by pairing with Reed and made it known. That’s on Spieth... not Reed.

In regards to the Reed/Spieth pairing, Reed is right... but Spieth is a media darling so he won’t be called out for it. This was the kind of thing Koepka was talking about.

Hell... even the NLU guys were saying one of the reasons Furyk split them was Spieth didn’t like being outshined by pairing with Reed and made it known. That’s on Spieth... not Reed.

Always great to have divas dictating to captains.

Exact reason why i do not care too much for Spieth. He comes off as such a whinny little puss. He will hit a shot that may be off by 15 feet or so, he beats his club in the ground, does the stupid little hand motion and acts like he should never hit a "off" shot.

Guarantee you it went something like this "hey Furry, i am one of the most popular guys on tour, i am the shit, so i do not want to play with Reed, i want to play with my BFF Thomas. Either pair us together, or i will pout like a 12 year old."

Guarantee you it went something like this "hey Furry, i am one of the most popular guys on tour, i am the shit, so i do not want to play with Reed, i want to play with my BFF Thomas. Either pair us together, or i will pout like a 12 year old."

...and they proceeded to go 3-1 together while Reed belonged at Connemara. He would have had an 85 on Sat morning had he kept his own score. You want to bitch, then you better be able to go out and produce.

I doubt Spieth was worried about being outshined, more of Reed has taken two shots at him this past year. One in the media jokingly(or not) saying he carried Spieth on his back and one on course where he bitched at an official and said if he was Spieth he would have got the ruling. After those shots at him,Spieth probably told Furyk he wanted to be paired with Thomas. And did you see how far away they sat at the press conference? Certainly some disdain on both sides.

Reactions: ymmot31
Apparently when Spieth and Reed were originally paired no one wanted to play with Reed and Spieth volunteered.

Then you get Reed taking little shots at Spieth between Ryder Cups.

Then JT makes the Ryder Cup team and he and Spieth are best buddies.

Then Reed has the opportunity to play with his idol, Tiger.

Then Reed proceeds to play like absolute dog shit in the team games.

Then Spieth and JT go 3-1.

Then Reed has the audacity to talk shit when (a) he got to play with Tiger, his idol, and (b) he played like an asshole the entire time except on Sunday.

F*ck that fat bitch. Captain America my f*cking ass.

Reed is an easy target (and normally deservedly) but splitting one of the few winning Ryder Cup pairings because Spieth seems to have incredibly thin skin and wanted to play with his buddy is just catering to ego.

Reed is an easy target (and normally deservedly) but splitting one of the few winning Ryder Cup pairings because Spieth seems to have incredibly thin skin and wanted to play with his buddy is just catering to ego.

They went 3-1 on a team that got their ass handed to them...they can pretty much flip the bird to whomever they want.

They went 3-1 on a team that got their ass handed to them...they can pretty much flip the bird to whomever they want.

If that pairing’s results were the only one that mattered I would agree. Reed/Spieth were 8-1-3 going to Paris.

If that pairing’s results were the only one that mattered I would agree. Reed/Spieth were 8-1-3 going to Paris.
...which was/is irrelevant. If this is what is required for Reed to play well in a team format, then he doesn't need to be on the team in the first place. Spieth wasn't causing Reed to shank drives and putt like a blind man.

Reed even said that even if the players do not like each other, if they won together he was willing to put personal feelings for the other guy aside for the good of the team. So he had a bad round, does not mean he should have been sat down twice. Last Ryder cup, if not for Reed, Us does not win. Oh, and he won his point Sunday, Spieth got smoked. Guess JT carried Spieth also.

But Spieth is the golden boy of the US fans and tour, Reed is outspoken and does not exactly have the "image" US golf wants. DJ should be catching a lot more shit than he is for his shitty play, number 1 in the world and did not do squat.

According to the New York Post, “one non-playing member of the U.S. team who was in the team room all week and had intimate knowledge of the goings-on,” which could mean a vice captain of the team, did not like Reed’s quotes and essentially called him a liar.

“He is so full of s–t,” the source told The Post on Monday. “Blindsided my ass. He begged to play with Tiger.’’

Whether he did or didn’t beg to play with Tiger Woods, that’s who he was paired with in his two foursome matches on both Friday and Saturday. The duo was flat-out bad as they dropped both of their matches. Saturday morning was really bad for Reed as he was hitting it all over Le Golf National not giving Woods any sort of help. Reed ended up going 1-2 for the week beating Tyrrell Hatton during Sunday’s singles after the Euros had already clinched.

“He would have shot 83 on his own ball Saturday,’’ the source said. “He totally screwed Tiger. He has no clue how to play team golf. I saw firsthand how bad of a team player he was. Eleven players understood the concept of team golf and only one didn’t. Unfortunately, that one proved to be too costly for the team to overcome.

According to the New York Post, “one non-playing member of the U.S. team who was in the team room all week and had intimate knowledge of the goings-on,” which could mean a vice captain of the team, did not like Reed’s quotes and essentially called him a liar.

“He is so full of s–t,” the source told The Post on Monday. “Blindsided my ass. He begged to play with Tiger.’’

Whether he did or didn’t beg to play with Tiger Woods, that’s who he was paired with in his two foursome matches on both Friday and Saturday. The duo was flat-out bad as they dropped both of their matches. Saturday morning was really bad for Reed as he was hitting it all over Le Golf National not giving Woods any sort of help. Reed ended up going 1-2 for the week beating Tyrrell Hatton during Sunday’s singles after the Euros had already clinched.

“He would have shot 83 on his own ball Saturday,’’ the source said. “He totally screwed Tiger. He has no clue how to play team golf. I saw firsthand how bad of a team player he was. Eleven players understood the concept of team golf and only one didn’t. Unfortunately, that one proved to be too costly for the team to overcome.

Anonymous “non-playing member”... now that’s a bitch move.

[sick]

Unfortunately, that result seems to be the case. According tomultiple reportsRemande has lost vision in her right eye, and, according to her husband Raphael, it is only possible that she may be able to see shapes when the bruising eases in the coming weeks. Speaking with reporters after leaving the hospital, Corine added information about the procedure. She said that a scan confirmed her eyeball “exploded” and her eye socket was fractured. Surgeons were reportedly able to sew the eyeball back together, but permanent damage seems to have been done.

https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/10/02/ryder-cup-woman-struck-tee-shot-loses-vision/

[sick]

Unfortunately, that result seems to be the case. According tomultiple reportsRemande has lost vision in her right eye, and, according to her husband Raphael, it is only possible that she may be able to see shapes when the bruising eases in the coming weeks. Speaking with reporters after leaving the hospital, Corine added information about the procedure. She said that a scan confirmed her eyeball “exploded” and her eye socket was fractured. Surgeons were reportedly able to sew the eyeball back together, but permanent damage seems to have been done.

https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/10/02/ryder-cup-woman-struck-tee-shot-loses-vision/

That sucks. I wonder if she can sue the PGA or if her standing next to the fairway at a golf tournament is an "at your own risk" type of thing.

That sucks. I wonder if she can sue the PGA or if her standing next to the fairway at a golf tournament is an "at your own risk" type of thing.

I don't think she can sue the PGA because I don't think the RC is a PGA event. She's looking to either sue the event directly or I guess the course.

But, I doubt she has much legal standing given there is probably a ton of shit written on the ticket that you agree to by purchasing said ticket.

Everybody blaming reed for the us’ problems is a joke. Sure, he sucks balls, but so did half the rest of the team, including the kitty cat.

I don’t think anyone is blaming Reed for the loss. I’m just calling him an asshole bitch, which he is.

The reason we lost is because of Furyk and most of our players are little ***** who either can’t handle the pressure or just don’t care enough to focus like they would at a major.

Reactions: anthonys735
Reports out that Koepka and DJ had to be separated on Sunday night. Just keeps getting better. What a clown show.

I don't think she can sue the PGA because I don't think the RC is a PGA event. She's looking to either sue the event directly or I guess the course.

But, I doubt she has much legal standing given there is probably a ton of shit written on the ticket that you agree to by purchasing said ticket.

Well, in the US she wouldn’t have a case because you assume the risk when you attend an event like this.

And, it happened in France so it will be governed by French law so who knows what their law is on this.

Reports out that Koepka and DJ had to be separated on Sunday night. Just keeps getting better. What a clown show.
Yeah, reports from “golf magic” unless you’ve seen another source. Sure sounded like a fake article to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT