ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Rickie's newer squeeze must have really helped his short game even more this past year. That dude is ballin on and off the course. lucky bastard

10724130_571017439692407_1179922876_n.jpg

I'd like some actual evidence that it was actual viewers calling in to call penalties.

(1) What number are they calling?
(2) How did they get it?
(3) Who is taking those calls?
(4) Show me 1 single real person that has ever called in during TV coverage and voiced a rules complaint.

Tiger Woods 2013 Masters. Would have to look it up but a Club Pro called in and reported the infraction. How they know who to call I have no idea.

Anytime I thought about a Foursome I would love to play with Daly is on that list. Other two was Arnold and Tiger.

You can attend one Major in 2018. Which one would you pick?

Masters Augusta
US Open Shinnecock Hills Long Island NY
Brutish Open. Carnoustie Angus Scotland
PGA Bellerive CC St. Louis

From PGA Tour Radio

Reactions: cawoodsct
Happy Birthday Tiger.

Tiger Woods turns 42 years old today. He last won a major when he was 32. Great golfer, but I'm not sure he deserves all the coverage he gets...

Happy Birthday Tiger.

Tiger Woods turns 42 years old today. He last won a major when he was 32. Great golfer, but I'm not sure he deserves all the coverage he gets...
Golf is a tradition sport, they still cover Jack every time he shows up anywhere and he is over 70. They are definitely going to cover the greatest player of the last 30 years (by many country miles) who is still young enough to play. Now if he comes out and sucks again the luster will start to wear off, but if he wins a couple tournaments or somehow wins a major he will be instantly wildly popular again.

Golf is a tradition sport, they still cover Jack every time he shows up anywhere and he is over 70. They are definitely going to cover the greatest player of the last 30 years (by many country miles) who is still young enough to play. Now if he comes out and sucks again the luster will start to wear off, but if he wins a couple tournaments or somehow wins a major he will be instantly wildly popular again.

Yeah, on second thought I was a bit too harsh on Tiger. He's certainly reached a level of greatness that will command respect the rest of his life. And he's not the first golfer who had a meteoric career but faded in their mid-30s. Age at time of last major: Gene Sarazen (33), Byron Nelson (33), Arnold Palmer (34).

Palmer's game and charisma at his peak changed the game. So did Tiger's.

But these last few years it's becoming obvious the nextgen golfers are taking over and have no fear of Wood's game (Justin, Jordan, Dustin, Jason, Roy, etc).

Anyone see the update on Andover they sent out yesterday? The parties have mediation today.

Basically, they suggest a huge assessment to every homeowner to buy the course. But no assurances that homeowners have access. If your house is $300K you will owe $1800 by 2/15 or else pay interest. WTF!

$
h/t to @cole854 for the info

Anyone see the update on Andover they sent out yesterday? The parties have mediation today.

Basically, they suggest a huge assessment to every homeowner to buy the course. But no assurances that homeowners have access. If your house is $300K you will owe $1800 by 2/15 or else pay interest. WTF!

$
Had a course where I live that did that. Sounded great at first because it saved the course and the property values, but then every Homeowner became an owner of the course and was a disaster when there was so much in-fighting about how it should be ran, who should be on the board, etc. that they lost most of their non-resident memberships leaving the course in the same mess it started before the assessment.

$

It’s gonna take a good hunk of cash up front to make it playable again. It’s a shame because it was super convenient to work and home and me and my buddy could get around in 2.5 hrs most weekdays. Perfect late afternoon weekday work bailout.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT