ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Or maybe I don't want to waste my time!! Like I really need to impress some bozos who live on an internet message board. In the classic words of b(r)ushy bill: [eyeroll]
[pfftt]
Maybe... but I think it's the former.
id-keep-playing.gif

Round? I have 10 shot swings from front 9 to back 9.

Preaching to the choir brother. Played Griffin Gate a couple weeks ago. 43/54. Played to my potential on front nine and sucked it up on the back nine. Truly one of those "I love this game I hate this game" rounds.

Played Uk Club, 36 Saturday, both courses. Kearney Hills Sunday. Big Bunkers on Big Blue and Kearney, requires a lot of accuracy. Shot poorly but good times.

As a kid, I always hated when my baseball games would get rained out. It would put me in a bad mood the whole day. Now, it's the same thing when my tee time gets rained out. Was looking forward to my weekly men's group outing from church tonight. Stupid rain. #rantover

It's not a watch but for $50 the Bushnell Neo Ghost is a great bargain for a simple, accurate gps (with hazard measurements). I've used one all spring and have no complaints.
Ended up with Buschnell neo ion watch.($150) Had I seen your post I probably would have bought that and put it in my pocket. BUT as it turns out the watch has been awesome. Zero problems with it on my wrist and playing, lightweight, easy to use, no monthly fees, I have compared yardages to range finders and on yard markers and I'm either spot on or within a yard. It's supposed to be able to be used for 3 or 4 rounds but I charge after a round or two. Saves time grabbing it out of cart etc. I certainly put my stamp on this GPS watch.

“During the period of probation, the institution shall inform in writing prospective student-athletes in men’s basketball that the institution is on probation for four years and detail the violations committed. If a prospective student-athlete takes an official paid visit, the information regarding violations, penalties and terms of probation must be provided in advance of the visit. Otherwise, the information must be provided before a prospective student-athlete signs a National Letter of Intent.”

[laughing]

Reactions: ymmot31
Anybody played Lake Forest this year? Have to be in Louisville on Thursday and looking to get on there.

Got back from great 3-day in Alabama and played 90 holes...36-36-18

Day 1: Robert Trent Jones Capital Hill...played The Senator and The Judge. Both courses in great shape.

-Didn't really care for The Senator (true links style) course. Could never see a green from the box, hills and pot bunkers everywhere and only 1 tree on the whole course. I realize that is links golf, but I am just not a fan of these style courses (not my choice). shot 80
-Loved The Judge (my choice). Beautiful course with a bunch of water, hills, bunkers, etc. Very tough course, but lived up to the hype, as every person we talked with about Capital Hill said gotta play The Judge. Hit a little bit of a wall, got overly hot and sunburnt. shot 84.

Day 2: Robert Trent Jones Grand National in Auburn...Played both courses, The Links and The Lakes. Awesome courses and in pristine condition.
-The Links was a tremendous course and extremely difficult. Probably the most difficult course I have played on the RTJ trail. Not a links course at all, but trouble on every hole. Almost every tee box we got to, we were like WTH is this. I played very good and still only managed an 80.
-The Lakes course is where they play the Barbasol PGA event that is played opposite the British Open tourney. Fantastic course, pretty tough, but more fair than The Links. We couldn't understand why they didn't play a PGA event on the harder course. It was beautiful and immaculate. Played really well again and shot 76.

Day 3: Pursell Farms, Farmlinks in Sylacauga, AL... Course is incredible.
-Everything about this place is incredible. The carts, the service, the range, the cart girls, the course, everything. This is in the middle of nowhere, but people in Alabama know this is worth the trip. It is more like a golfing experience than a round of golf. The course is in the best shape I have ever played on. Incredibly fair course tee to green, but with lightening fast greens that are as true as any you will ever putt on. Played really well on this day as well and shot 78.

Great trip. Lots of cussing, betting, drinking, etc. exactly what a guys golf trip should be.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Got back from great 3-day in Alabama and played 90 holes...36-36-18

Day 1: Robert Trent Jones Capital Hill...played The Senator and The Judge. Both courses in great shape.

-Didn't really care for The Senator (true links style) course. Could never see a green from the box, hills and pot bunkers everywhere and only 1 tree on the whole course. I realize that is links golf, but I am just not a fan of these style courses (not my choice). shot 80
-Loved The Judge (my choice). Beautiful course with a bunch of water, hills, bunkers, etc. Very tough course, but lived up to the hype, as every person we talked with about Capital Hill said gotta play The Judge. Hit a little bit of a wall, got overly hot and sunburnt. shot 84.

Thanks for the review. I liked both Capital Hill courses when I played them a few years back. Senator reminded me of Long Bay in MB...more severe mounding but not as tough around the greens.

They just said Phil was going to be on Morning Drive in a little bit. They didn't give a time.

On right now.

Was mainly talking about a scholarship program he is doing. He is at the Womens LPGA Championship. KPMG is the title sponsor so that's why he's there. The only thing he really said about Bones was that I get the feeling it has been coming for a while. He said they wanted the US Open to be their last tournament together because that was the first one they were together at 25 years ago. That's why I think it has been coming for a while since they had it planned out. He was also on the Dan Patrick Show today but I missed that. I may try to find it on the podcast later.

Reactions: ymmot31
Phil maybe about to reduce his schedule and wants to give Bones a chance to hook up with a younger guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT