ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Still contend Tiger is done, but if there is one person who could make a comeback and win again in Golf its Tiger.

Great golf weekend in Sevierville Tenn. Played Egwani farms, Sevierville CC river and highlands, and ruggles ferry. Had a blast at all 4 courses and played well. Egwani probably my favorite. All of them in good shape if anyone heading that way.

Great golf weekend in Sevierville Tenn. Played Egwani farms, Sevierville CC river and highlands, and ruggles ferry. Had a blast at all 4 courses and played well. Egwani probably my favorite. All of them in good shape if anyone heading that way.

I'm actually playing Egwani tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning for our yearly guys weekend golf get-together. Looking forward to it.

This the best $1 I've ever spent in golf.

post-48549-0-07562400-1344294995_thumb.jpg

Reactions: parrott
The Martini Tee

1.) They don't break

2.) Easy to find

Really that simple. A few guys I play with got me onto them, one of them has had his for years -- he's a little psycho & superstitious about it at this point, but I get it.

Basically, if you break tees a lot, lose them, always bumming them or having to buy more, etc... It's just a great product. $1 & change for a tee (or $5 for a bag of 5), and you won't have to buy or use another tee all summer, or this decade.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I use these green ones that rarely break and they have some technology, supposedly, if you believe in technology with golf tees lol, but in golf mind over matter.
zero-friction-tees-green.jpg

Is there anything better than a Friday afternoon scramble with free beer and liquor? I'll wait....

I hate scrambles, used to get invited to them all the time, would ten to one rather go out with buddies/clients for a regular round.

I'm actually playing Egwani tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning for our yearly guys weekend golf get-together. Looking forward to it.

Love the Sevierville CC courses. Will have you to check out Egwani next time.

A buddy and I are interested in playing Champions on Tuesday. Would one of you members want to help out some Wildcat friends and get us on? What's the guest rate these days? @Tskware

Last edited:
Anyone out there use a gps watch for yardages? I'd honestly rather have a watch than use a rangefinder. I'd like something that would have most courses and simple to read. Wouldn't use it much measuring to water, bunkers etc. or care about any stat trackers with it just want something very good for yardages into greens??????

Have one of the earlier Garmin watches and it's work fine - especially for my game. Cones pre-loaded with about 1400 courses and you can get updates through Garmin if you like.

Mine measures front/middle/back for greens yardage. Also the charge will hold thru 36 holes - at least mine does. Watch features hold a charge for quite a while - not sure of exact timeframe.

Later models have hazard/bunker yardages.

Would suggest getting one of the older models IMO - price is lower and features are not that improved - depending on what you use it for.

Have one of the earlier Garmin watches and it's work fine - especially for my game. Cones pre-loaded with about 1400 courses and you can get updates through Garmin if you like.

Mine measures front/middle/back for greens yardage. Also the charge will hold thru 36 holes - at least mine does. Watch features hold a charge for quite a while - not sure of exact timeframe.

Later models have hazard/bunker yardages.

Would suggest getting one of the older models IMO - price is lower and features are not that improved - depending on what you use it for.
So basically I want a decent watch, easy to read yardages, accurate as possible, don't want to worry about not having a course I play, and I don't need anything else but yardages into greens. What would u suggest model wise?

Last edited:
Only gave used Garmin so I can't speak for the other brands and mine is an S1 - one of the earliest. You can find some great deals on S1 - S4. IIRC - you get into hazard yardages from S3 on but could have that wrong.

Any of those will have at least 1400 courses or more loaded and all are easy to read.

Hope that helps?

Anyone out there use a gps watch for yardages? I'd honestly rather have a watch than use a rangefinder. I'd like something that would have most courses and simple to read. Wouldn't use it much measuring to water, bunkers etc. or care about any stat trackers with it just want something very good for yardages into greens??????

I know where you can get a free Bushnell rangefinder! Somewhere between the 8th and 10th hole at Griffin Gate. :uzi:

Played it yesterday Ronald. A tad wet but I always enjoy it and it's in good condition.

Agreed. It was still a little wet but not enough to make any difference except on a couple holes. Not sure they could have set the tees back any fathers today. Hybrid or better on all par 3s except 1 I think. 15 was playing 236 to center from the blues. WTF. First time I've played there in a a few years. Need to hit it more often.

It's not a watch but for $50 the Bushnell Neo Ghost is a great bargain for a simple, accurate gps (with hazard measurements). I've used one all spring and have no complaints.

Was kinda surprised how rock hard the greens at Egwani were. Didn't even leave ball marks on approaches. I like target golf so I thought it was a challenging but really fun course (except for the par 5 11th which seemed ridiculously tricked up).

Was kinda surprised how rock hard the greens at Egwani were. Didn't even leave ball marks on approaches. I like target golf so I thought it was a challenging but really fun course (except for the par 5 11th which seemed ridiculously tricked up).

You are right about both. My drive on 11 went down the hill. Left an impossible lie that put me in the water on my 2nd shot.

Tiger is entering the Top 5 of biggest falls from grace in sports history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT