in 275th place in winning percentage...

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/trends/win_trends/

gold-standard.jpg
đź’©

in 275th place in winning percentage...

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/trends/win_trends/

gold-standard.jpg
đź’©

More of a rusty Bronze standard these days?

Not to mention John Calipari simply is no longer landing the elite players. He is forced to cast out a wide net and offer a slew of 2nd tier 5 stars, 4 stars and obscure transfers and hope enough decide to sign. No team building. No cohesiveness in planning a team. No attempts at longevity. No trying to sign and recruit specific players for specific positions to run an offense (because John Calipari literally runs no offense).

Then most of these guys either quit mid season, transfer after the season, declare for the draft, go undrafted or sign on to play overseas.

I mean he had to go out and beg a High School Junior to reclassify and come play at Kentucky and he expected to lead an entirely brand new team? I don’t blame Askew for not being very good right now. The blame is on John Calipari for thinking shiny stars and rankings next to a kids name is all it takes to be successful.

It’s pretty noticeable that since John Calipari is no longer landing the elites AND keeping solid veterans that the results have been ho hum (or even god awful) compared to his first 5 years.

He needs superstar elites along with very solid veterans for his “system” to work. He is no longer getting either.

Not to mention John Calipari simply is no longer landing the elite players. He is forced to cast out a wide net and offer a slew of 2nd tier 5 stars, 4 stars and obscure transfers and hope enough decide to sign. No team building. No cohesiveness in planning a team. No attempts at longevity. No trying to sign and recruit specific players for specific positions to run an offense (because John Calipari literally runs no offense).

Then most of these guys either quit mid season, transfer after the season, declare for the draft, go undrafted or sign on to play overseas.

I mean he had to go out and beg a High School Junior to reclassify and come play at Kentucky and he expected to lead an entirely brand new team? I don’t blame Askew for not being very good right now. The blame is on John Calipari for thinking shiny stars and rankings next to a kids name is all it takes to be successful.

It’s pretty noticeable that since John Calipari is no longer landing the elites AND keeping solid veterans that the results have been ho hum (or even god awful) compared to his first 5 years.

He needs superstar elites along with very solid veterans for his “system” to work. He is no longer getting either.

What, you mean loading up on a bunch of superior athletes who can't shoot isn't working?

Frank, this is one of the best posts I have seen on here. It is very true. Cal is just an average X and O coach, at the best, and he has gone from being a GREAT recruiter, to being a GOOD recruiter. A major fault of Cal's, is his inability to judge talent, and know what he needs to form a team. He never recruits for position, just how long they are, how athletic they are, and their STAR rating. That eliminates a lot of intelligent ball players, who have been taught "Basketball Basics," by a good high school. coach.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

ADVERTISEMENT