ADVERTISEMENT

Gold and Silver

Larry Skaggs

Junior
Jun 4, 2015
Gold and Silver are supposed to be a hedge against inflation. Gold peaked at $2000 and dropped to $1700. Silver reached $27 and is around $18 now. All in the middle of 10% inflation.
it don’t make no sense

I’m no economist but is it possible that it is because this is not traditional inflation and is tied to manufacturing bottlenecks and supply chain issues more than just economic forces at work?
Not an economist either but I’d say our current inflation predicament is heavily influenced by the dumping of a metric shitton of cash into our economy as well…

Pretty terrible idea in the middle of forced shutdowns and supply chain debacles.

Paper market is hurting physical supply. They sell 10000 ounces of paper gold at a lower price and it drives down the cost of actual gold. A couple co's have got busted and fined but they keep doing it because the SEC doesn't care about stuff like that.

The entire gold and silver market is based on paper not physical asset. The true value is 20 times more.

Several countries are demanding their gold and silver be delivered to them instead of being held in banks in the US and England....

Did someone say gold and silver?
pawn-stars-austin-chumlee-russell-rick-harrison-richard-harrison-and-picture-id98313526

pawn-pawn-star.gif

Gold and Silver are supposed to be a hedge against inflation. Gold peaked at $2000 and dropped to $1700. Silver reached $27 and is around $18 now. All in the middle of 10% inflation.
it don’t make no sense
I agree historically gold and silver have been the safe havens in times of inflation. I'm hearing that the feds decision to raise interest rates makes treasuries more attractive, and also some people view crypto like Bitcoin as a better store of value.

Here's a good article I found in Forbes:

Reactions: Atrain7732
ADVERTISEMENT