ADVERTISEMENT

Go fund me for a Cal Buyout. Thoughts?

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
If you really want to start some Ish....someone should start a GoFundMe to raise the money to buy out Cal's contract. I bet that would get media mentions..."Fans start a Go Fund Me to help UK get rid of Cal." That would kind of be amazing.

People are frustrated with Cal, but zero chance at raising anywhere close to the $50m it would take to do this. We can’t even adequately fund a collective, which directly correlates to recruiting / buying players.

Doing something like this wouldn't be to actually raise the amount needed, it would be to send a message to Cal which it feels like he hasn't received yet.
He wouldn’t care. Would just make him all the more convinced he is right and the fans are just nuts.

HECK NO!!!!!

We need money for our football team's NIL!!!!

$45 million would have us ACTUALLY competing for an SEC AND NCAA Championship!!!

Just checked gofundme’s website and 3 people have started fundraising for this. Not 1 person has donated a single dollar to any of the 3.

• Haha
Reactions: the dopester
Just checked gofundme’s website and 3 people have started fundraising for this. Not 1 person has donated a single dollar to any of the 3.
I think we have our real answer right there. I don't blame anybody; I didn't contribute anything either. I don't want to give some jerk that chance to take my money in the guise of saving something that I care about.

There are 5 out there. Here is a link to one. Do they take BitCoin? Its value is in the tank like Cal.

People are frustrated with Cal, but zero chance at raising anywhere close to the $50m it would take to do this. We can’t even adequately fund a collective, which directly correlates to recruiting / buying players.
We can’t fund a collective because good ol Mitch hates NiL. What Kentucky needs to do is solve a lot of problems by mixing two Mitches with one stone.

Aside from the media negative attention, there may be some disappointment in the results of a crowdfunding buyout of Cal. I mean, I get the feeling that people simply don't grasp just how much $50 million is and think that people with lots of money will just pony it up.

Think about this - Cal and UK ran full telethons and fund raisers via multiple possible ways for people to pay to help people after the Kentucky disasters, and still only managed I believe $3 million or so. And that was for what many of us would agree is a much more noble cause - helping our fellow Kentuckians get through tragedy - than throwing that money into Cal's bank account so he'll go somewhere else.

Again, whomever sets up a crowdfunding effort better be prepared to not see the results they think they'll see when they can't garner more than a few thousand (or even hundred thousand) bucks. Let's not forget that this kind of donation is not tax deductible (and I repeat, will only go into Cal's bank account, not really help people).

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Yes, a GoFundMe for people who lost their homes in a fire, for people who have been disabled in accidents, for people who have lost family members, for people who desperately need help to fund a live-saving operation...and of course for a multimillionaire whose greatest problem in the world is figuring out what track suit to put on over his pot-belly.

Just a reminder: Cal got well over $200,000 to lose to Alabama by 26 points. Think about that. $200,000...lol.

Sickening.

It’s funny because I’m sure you actually think we could get anywhere near 50 million.

Desperate times....desperate measures.
If you want Cal to quit just think what reporters asking him about thousands of dollars already raised by fans on a GoFundMe would do to his ego.
Thousands of dollars?? If I were the coach, I would laugh at that. Cal told some stories about Memphis fans and laughed at them. This would not be any different.

And anyway, why would anyone send real money for this publicity stunt? That is a serious question. What would the money be used for in the end? Another serious question.

If you really want to start some Ish....someone should start a GoFundMe to raise the money to buy out Cal's contract. I bet that would get media mentions..."Fans start a Go Fund Me to help UK get rid of Cal." That would kind of be amazing.
Actually if 50 of us donate 1 million dollars...

Reactions: saxonburgcat
I'll bite the bullet and be the first to donate. $10 is coming to hopefully snowball and start a trend...DONE.
Awesome. I tried to match your donation but my card on file with PayPal declined. LOL. PayCal.

ADVERTISEMENT