ADVERTISEMENT

Go Beat Tennesse This Weekend-- Hawkeyeland Cheering You On!

I just saw the press conference that Ferentz had basically claiming victim hood in regard to the questions he was asked, in that press conference.
I certainly don’t give a rats behind about Iowa one way, or the other, but when you call out reporters publicly , calling it an interrogation , when you are having a terrible year with the most boring offense in all of college football…. Let’s just say it’s not a good look, and definitely will make them come at him, even more, knowing reporters. What is the mood of the fans up there?
UPDATE:

Kirk issues an apology tonight about his presser yesterday. Guessing someone in the administration ordered this:

I had hoped to join the zoom call this morning, but practice lasted longer than anticipated. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for my comments during the news conference yesterday. I should not have been dismissive of one of your colleagues – his questions were fair. I have a high respect for the work that you do, and I am appreciative of how you cover our team. You ask tough and pointed questions but do so with a high degree of professionalism. I tell our players to take the high road and yesterday, I did not do the same thing.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Man, been a tough year for your program.
Been really tough. As I said earlier, probably more heat than Ferentz has faced since the first couple years on the job here which was 1999 and 2000. He's been grilled in press conferences and sadly for him, he and his son have just answered a few questions really dumb which only makes the situation worse overall.

His son Brian needs to move on for both his sake and Kirk's sake. It's total hell when a business/family venture isn't working.

His son Brian needs to move on for both his sake and Kirk's sake. It's total hell when a business/family venture isn't working.
It’s not like Kirk couldn’t make a phone call or two and get his son a spot . . . not at the same salary level, but more than decent, at any number of programs.

Because of Rucker4, I’ve followed this tale, and any reasonable hope of turning the program over to Junior is looong gone.

I’d love to be able to take Rucker4 up on his offer to attend a game in Iowa, but that is an unusual trip for Kentucky folk, unless headed to the Dakota’s or central Canada.

Last edited:
I don’t go to family gatherings
They have disowned me
Now you are making me sad.

Here’s a poor bro whose family has disowned him, except for his brother-in-law in Tennessee.

That’s like some kind of intro to a suicide prevention program, or an advertisement that ends with “start drinking, start drinking, start drinking!”

Last edited:
Reactions: Tittys73
He/She/It registered Oct 13,2022. Their first five posts were:
Yeah.

With fans like TittyVol, who needs enemies.

I had actually missed his pick of State over Kentucky. But hell, his prediction of us losing by 18 to State is actually one of his more optimistic and upbeat posts regarding UK football.

Reactions: Nuke99m
Yeah, Iowa has a Rivals site football board. I mostly linger in the paid Hawkeye Lounge site in the Rivals network.
The Iowa basketball, football and old-topic boards on Rivals are fairly active. I’m a Kentucky and Iowa grad. I cheer for the Cats, but follow the news here in Iowa. KF is about as exciting as white rice. It’s probably time for him to move on.

The Iowa basketball, football and old-topic boards on Rivals are fairly active. I’m a Kentucky and Iowa grad. I cheer for the Cats, but follow the news here in Iowa. KF is about as exciting as white rice. It’s probably time for him to move on.
The Iowa boards are very active. Many of us here have gotten Ferentz Fatigue and as good as he's been, some of us are ready for a change. 24 years is a long time.

Reactions: UKGrad93
It’s not like Kirk couldn’t make a phone call or two and get his son a spot . . . not at the same salary level, but more than decent, at any number of programs.

Because of Rucker4, I’ve followed this tale, and any reasonable hope of turning the program over to Junior is looong gone.

I’d love to be able to take Rucker4 up on his offer to attend a game in Iowa, but that is an unusual trip for Kentucky folk, unless headed to the Dakota’s or central Canada.
Well if ever headed this way, please let me know. We're a good place here and good people I think.

Yes, Brian will never be the Iowa HC now. That ship has sailed. Many can't see how he can return next year as the OC. But I think Kirk is galvanized and important to him he shows he was right.

Remember, Brian is the main defendant in a lawsuit next spring filed by former Iowa players claiming discrimination. If Iowa loses that case then it's a moot point-- Brian is done.

Yeah.

With fans like TittyVol, who needs enemies.

I had actually missed his pick of State over Kentucky. But hell, his prediction of us losing by 18 to State is actually one of his more optimistic and upbeat posts regarding UK football.
I know I’m senile, forgetful, and may have a few ED problems even if/when 🫰 I do ( infrequently) see titties once in a while, but I really don’t remember picking state ever in anything except when I picked Moo U as winners of both the “ School With The Worst noisemakers I’ve ever heard continuously at a football game”, and “ what school in the SEC has the most appropriate name for their location”
so, just need to see the evidence of my picking MSU over my beloved Cats

so, just need to see the evidence of my picking MSU over my beloved Cats
I was responding to Nuke99’s allegation that your second post was:

“2. Miss St 35 UK 17 prediction in Old Reds contest”

Frankly, I don’t participate in that contest, often, and never saw the post of which @Nuke99 complains.

So I just found and researched that thread and found the following:

“Miss St 35 UK 17
So, Titties73, you can list the names of UT players returning from injury, the overall series record between UT and UK, etc., but forgot you picked Mississippi State by 18 over the Cats 13 days ago?

Does anyone else access your computer/Rivals account?

Last edited:
Proud graduate of the University of Iowa graduate program - 1979…..always root for the Hawks unless they play the Cats, of course….

Reactions: rucker4
Proud graduate of the University of Iowa graduate program - 1979…..always root for the Hawks unless they play the Cats, of course….
Good for you! Where are you from and live now? When's the last time you've been to Iowa City? The town keeps changing and this area is in the midst of heavy growth over the next 7 years projected. Always keep those Hawkeye loyalties in there somewhere!

I think Iowa has started a decline with Ferentz-- we are now 7-8 in our last 15 games since starting last year 6-0 and #2 in America. With as competitive as everything is now, I have said that if Iowa finishes with a losing season this season then again next, Kirk won't be here in 2024.

I've said several times on this board: I'd be surprised if Mark Stoops isn't the first guy called when the job does finally open, however, I do not see Mark leaving Kentucky at this stage. He's done too much at UK to leave now. I think he'll be like older brother Bob and stay at the same place as HC his entire career.
I hope you are correct.

If UK upsets UT I hope UK fans throw the goalpost into the Tenn. River next to this one. ;)

Frankly, I don’t participate in that contest, often, and never saw the post of which @Nuke99 complains.

“Miss St 35 UK 17
So, Titties73, you can list the names of UT players returning from injury, the overall series record between UT and UK, etc., but forgot you picked Mississippi State by 18 over the Cats 13 days ago?

“Miss St 35 UK 17

I think his connection got fogged up in his titties. Understandable, but shit. It’s titties lol.

Good luck this week Rucker!
Thanks ktbug. Expectations are low at this point. We lose tomorrow at home to one of the nation's worst football teams (Northwestern) then I fully expect we may not win another game the rest of the year. We've had few bad seasons in the past many years but this one really feels disjointed with all the controversy swirling about the offense, nepotism, etc. We must win 3 of the remaining 5 more just to be bowl eligible-- really don't know if that can be done. Anyway, thanks kindly for the well wishes. It's Homecoming weekend here (Latest in history) and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

Last edited:

“Miss St 35 UK 17

“Miss St 35 UK 17

Does anyone else access your computer/Rivals

Will be rooting the Cats on against Tennessee this weekend from Iowa!!

I used to travel a ton to Tennessee, especially Nashville, during my work career and to say the Vol fans there aren't completely over the top is a huge understatement (something I know you all already know). They remind me of Nebraska fans here in the Big 10-- they live in the past and they believe truly they should be playing for national championships annually. Nothing better than to see Kentucky take them down this weekend.

Meanwhile here in Iowa, we have our huge problems being 3-4 but moreso, having tons of negativity swirling around the program-- mainly due to their horrific offensive play which is led by the HCs son.

Now go take care of business on Saturday!!
Thx for ur list n best of luck tday and to correcting ur team/prigram!

Thanks ktbug. Expectations are low at this point. We lose tomorrow at home to one of the nation's worst football teams (Northwestern) then I fully expect we may not win another game the rest of the year. We've had few bad seasons in the past many years but this one really feels disjointed with all the controversy swirling about the offense, nepotism, etc. We must win 3 of the remaining 5 more just to be bowl eligible-- really don't know if that can be done. Anyway, thanks kindly for the well wishes. It's Homecoming weekend here (Latest in history) and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.
Congratulations on the win today rucker4!!! At least one of us held up their end

Congratulations on the win today rucker4!!! At least one of us held up their end
Thanks nuke. It was EASILY Iowa's best played game of the year but then you stop to realize it was against maybe the worst team in Power 5 football in Northwestern. The Wildcats are just bad-- haven't won a game since August and still have just 4 wins total and 2 Big 10 wins between last season and this. For them to allow our offense to score 3 TDs on them (and they were all long drives) was jaw dropping.

Caught some of the KY-TN game and felt bad. Really wanted to see you win that game.

Reactions: Nuke99m
ADVERTISEMENT