ADVERTISEMENT

Global Climate Changes

It's disappointing that you don't have more intellectual integrity than this. I expected better. You clutch your pearls when your motives or politics are questioned, but are perfectly comfortable with assigning them to others when challenged. Just re-read the red highlights above. You not only assume that you know my political affiliation, but you go so far as to assume I "always" embrace conspiracies. Then, to put the final touch on your strawman, you lump me in with the whole stolen election crowd, saying "I" lost 80 court cases over ballots. How did you reach these conclusions from my post? As a matter of fact, my post hardly even attacked your general position. I was simply questioning what I perceive as an inconsistency in saying that any climate remediation efforts are futile while also championing green policies and mitigation strategies regardless of their costs. Unavoidable extinction of the human species is an extreme position. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it is extreme. If you were the intellectual giant you claim to be, you could handle questions about your logic and associated conclusions. I would expect the same from someone who held the opposing extreme position that climate change is a myth. Copying and pasting articles you agree with and then getting butthurt when even mildly challenged isn't intelligence - it's laziness. Someone posted a link to an Apple podcast that challenged your position. You didn't address the content of the podcast, but rather dismissed the whole thing out of hand because for some reason a podcast isn't worthy of your consideration. Again, laziness. Why would anyone want to "attack any scientific positions [you] raise" when you so clearly are only interested in this being your own little echo chamber? I didn't take you for a Paddock version of Extinction Rebellion. Disappointing.
My contention is that the urgency of the matter at hand makes long term grass roots efforts irrelevant. If we allow the arctic to go ice free there will be a whole string of feedback loops that are loosed that will be unstoppable. so while generic green issues are important as a healthy planet benefits everyone, it is not something applicable to the situation we all currently find ourselves in. If you're in a car wreck you don't suddenly think about how stopping smoking will be great for your health.

Do you really think I have time to entertain every nutty podcast out there attacking climate change? No, because until there is a significant legitimate scientific argument made in peer reviewed journals there is no point in wasting our time speculating on them. I've explained that multiple times. Every scientific institution on earth are all in lock step, so we are wasting our time until somebody legitimately submits something that fundamentally resets that unanimity on Anthropogenic Climate Change.

Want to talk about how fast and how soon then by all means let's look at the podcasts and whatever else you'd like to cite or link. Those are very legitimate questions as I am definitely in the much sooner and much faster crowd, but as I have also explained the science is all moving towards much sooner and much worse because idiotic politics caused the IPCC reports to be dramatically understated and watered down. 2100 has moved to 2050 and 2050 is moving to 2030 for the most dire consequences. Even famously 2100 guy Michael E. Mann (scientist not the director) now says horrendous consequences by 2030 and a whole new climate with billions dead by 2050. I believe 2026 is far more likely because as soon as we go ice free in the arctic it will be an abrupt shift with a collapsing jet stream, monsoon rains on arctic tundra rapidly further melting permafrost, and a whole lot of energy introduced into an unstable system already supercharged with oceans full of heat energy. Within 6 weeks of a BOE there will be global crop failures and that will be one of the first of cascading consequences. 2026 to 2050 is geologically insignificant but earth is essentially a heat engine. Much more energy going in and much less going out means something has to give and all the previous record warming has mostly been absorbed by the oceans. The entire system is at a breaking point and the final straw will be the arctic and possibly as soon as this Aug-Sept during the sea ice minimum.

Want to talk about how fast and how soon then by all means let's look at the podcasts and whatever else you'd like to cite or link. Those are very legitimate questions as I am definitely in the much sooner and much faster crowd, but as I have also explained the science is all moving towards much sooner and much worse because idiotic politics caused the IPCC reports to be dramatically understated and watered down. 2100 has moved to 2050 and 2050 is moving to 2030 for the most dire consequences. Even famously 2100 guy Michael E. Mann (scientist not the director) now says horrendous consequences by 2030 and a whole new climate with billions dead by 2050. I believe 2026 is far more likely because as soon as we go ice free in the arctic it will be an abrupt shift with a collapsing jet stream, monsoon rains on arctic tundra rapidly further melting permafrost, and a whole lot of energy introduced into an unstable system already supercharged with oceans full of heat energy. Within 6 weeks of a BOE there will be global crop failures and that will be one of the first of cascading consequences. 2026 to 2050 is geologically insignificant but earth is essentially a heat engine. Much more energy going in and much less going out means something has to give and all the previous record warming has mostly been absorbed by the oceans. The entire system is at a breaking point and the final straw will be the arctic and possibly as soon as this Aug-Sept during the sea ice minimum.

AnxiousEnchantingGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

My contention is that the urgency of the matter at hand makes long term grass roots efforts irrelevant. If we allow the arctic to go ice free there will be a whole string of feedback loops that are loosed that will be unstoppable. so while generic green issues are important as a healthy planet benefits everyone, it is not something applicable to the situation we all currently find ourselves in. If you're in a car wreck you don't suddenly think about how stopping smoking will be great for your health.

Do you really think I have time to entertain every nutty podcast out there attacking climate change? No, because until there is a significant legitimate scientific argument made in peer reviewed journals there is no point in wasting our time speculating on them. I've explained that multiple times. Every scientific institution on earth are all in lock step, so we are wasting our time until somebody legitimately submits something that fundamentally resets that unanimity on Anthropogenic Climate Change.

Reading alarmist stuff like this makes me somewhat sad for an entire segment of our population. Imagine waking up every day thinking the world will end in 8-10 years and only your people can see it.

Nevermind that if you look at the track record of the same alarmists, the world should've ended numerous times by now.

Nevermind that the leaders of the movement live in mansions, fly in jets, and have as much carbon output as a tiny town just by living in such luxury.

Nevermind the fact the earth warmed and cooled, numerous times, before humans even existed or was able to have any carbon effect at all.

There is real scientific value in the climate change phenomenon. Not in the traditional science sense. Instead in the social sense in studying.

To a degree it's sad watching the real anxiety based on fake nonsense. The devotion to the cognitive dissonance. Then the anger when the positions are easily defeated with the simplest logic.

Reading alarmist stuff like this makes me somewhat sad for an entire segment of our population. Imagine waking up every day thinking the world will end in 8-10 years and only your people can see it.

Nevermind that if you look at the track record of the same alarmists, the world should've ended numerous times by now.

Nevermind that the leaders of the movement live in mansions, fly in jets, and have as much carbon output as a tiny town just by living in such luxury.

Nevermind the fact the earth warmed and cooled, numerous times, before humans even existed or was able to have any carbon effect at all.

There is real scientific value in the climate change phenomenon. Not in the traditional science sense. Instead in the social sense in studying.

To a degree it's sad watching the real anxiety based on fake nonsense. The devotion to the cognitive dissonance. Then the anger when the positions are easily defeated with the simplest logic.
Yeah, the exaggeration of the problem now for years has been pathological.

You’re very young, apparently. I can see that older people talk around you in group discussions.
Yeah, probably.

You still dodge the questions and want to distract, which demonstrates your faux offense to the phrase “climate crazies” was silly juvenile gamesmanship. That shows me how credible you are on this subject.

Reactions: PhDcat2018

Climate change alarmism, formerly known as global warming, has effectively pushed aside discussion about environmental pollution which is a bonafide, indisputable consequence of human population growth around the globe.

In the mainstream, it has become a political battle rather than an examination of what our growth has done to our global environment. I think it’s a result of the general polarization of our society. Whenever an issue reaches the mainstream, two sides quickly orient around pro and con points and the “left-right” battle is on.

It hasn’t always been like that. I remember when the chloroflourocarbons (CFCs) issue was a hot topic in the late 20th century. Scientists raised the issue and warned that the interaction of CFCs and the ozone layer was allowing too much ultraviolet light to reach earth’s surface in the southern hemisphere. This “ozone hole” would continue to grow unless CFC production was halted. It would eventually imperil all life on earth.

The scientists were believed, actions were taken to halt CFC production around the world and the ozone hole is healing.

Now there are sizable groups of people who even deny science. It seems that politicians have taken over every aspect of our lives. I don’t know what the answer is to this chasm between the right and the left but I do know that we’re headed for disaster as a species if we don’t take care of the only place where we can live.

Climate change alarmism, formerly known as global warming, has effectively pushed aside discussion about environmental pollution which is a bonafide, indisputable consequence of human population growth around the globe.

Yep. Very real issues are getting pushed aside in favor of the ever moving goalpost that is whatever they now call it.

Climate crazies? We are crazy for loving our planet? Do you take good care of your house or dwelling?

-do you get your air ducts cleaned?

-do you check radon levels in your dwelling?

-radon causes over 10 different cancers, and mental health issues

-do you let mold grow in your dwelling?

-do you have a clean air machine for house?

Most good machines remove 99% of shit in the air.

If you spilled a quart of oil in your place would you leave it or remediate?

If a tree branch punctures your roof, do you leave it or remediate to prevent mold?
I love how greenies always conflate pollution with climate change. "Don't believe in cliamate change? You must like to poison kids with arsenic."

We're living in the age of stupid. The internet has unleashed them upon the world and they link up like cancer cells.

We're also living in the age of consequences. Not a hundred years from now visited upon people after you're long gone. You will get the knock on your door. Everything you know and love, every trace of any sign you ever existed, all gone into eternal nothingness scoured clean on a lifeless rock for all eternity. No gods and no clouds. No rejoining your family in a soft quiet nirvana. Just dead black nothingness scoured clean by open space on a waterless rock. Forever.

We're living in the age of stupid. The internet has unleashed them upon the world and they link up like cancer cells.

We're also living in the age of consequences. Not a hundred years from now visited upon people after you're long gone. You will get the knock on your door. Everything you know and love, every trace of any sign you ever existed, all gone into eternal nothingness scoured clean on a lifeless rock for all eternity. No gods and no clouds. No rejoining your family in a soft quiet nirvana. Just dead black nothingness scoured clean by open space on a waterless rock. Forever.
I agree with you there. Unfortunately your wrong on the cause for those consequences. We are going to have food shortages, energy shortages and people freezing to death due to over zealous climate rules.

I agree with you there. Unfortunately your wrong on the cause for those consequences. We are going to have food shortages, energy shortages and people freezing to death due to over zealous climate rules.
Who's going to freeze to death? Canadians have energy. Russians have energy. Eskimos have igloos. Scandinavians aren't stupid and will manage to stay warm - plus they have a lot of energy too. All the idiots who can't manage anything live in warm areas.

Who's going to freeze to death? Canadians have energy. Russians have energy. Eskimos have igloos. Scandinavians aren't stupid and will manage to stay warm - plus they have a lot of energy too. All the idiots who can't manage anything live in warm areas.
more people died in Europe last year of cold than of heat. With energy shortages that number is predicted to be much higher. I think it was 20000 died from heat and 38000 died from cold last year. Just using science.... cold is worse for humans than heat.

It actually wouldn't be that funny if you had any comprehension at all of how close we came in 2012 as 2012 remains the smallest ice extent on record.

Don't mistake ignorance for a sense of humor.
Every year I get a new T-shirt that says I survived the polar ice cap melt of 2000-2022. Have to get another one this year, thanks a lot LOL_MAN 😂🍺

Tell the truth. Were you one of those people who believed the videos out of China showing people walking down the street and falling over dead of the "China coof"?

ADVERTISEMENT