ADVERTISEMENT

Global Climate Changes

šŸ¤£ good for you. So when the average temp drops, does that mean climate change is over? I mean, itā€™s not like itā€™s ever fluctuatedā€¦

Also I didnā€™t bother reading those articles, but I can guarantee you this year was not the warmest ever. Despite the fact we canā€™t actually measure that with any degree of accuracy, we havenā€™t been able to even do that for very long.
I am not making any judgments about what the cause of the changing climate is, but simply sharing that February was the hottest February documented by recorded temperatures. We are going through a warming cycle, it certainly seems to me. That is my only point. Is it permanent ?? Will it reverse or moderate ?? I do not pretend to know.

I am not making any judgments about what the cause of the changing climate is, but simply sharing that February was the hottest February documented by recorded temperatures. We are going through a warming cycle, it certainly seems to me. That is my only point. Is it permanent ?? Will it reverse or moderate ?? I do not pretend to know.1
Two things stand out to me when there are articles that announce things like this. 1) We have only kept weather data for around 60-70 years accurately, or close to 100 years at any level, so "on record" isn't very telling. 2) we have been in a cooling trend for several decades so it has been expected that we start to warm up some.

Two things stand out to me when there are articles that announce things like this. 1) We have only kept weather data for around 60-70 years accurately, or close to 100 years at any level, so "on record" isn't very telling. 2) we have been in a cooling trend for several decades so it has been expected that we start to warm up some.

Climate scientists claim they have pre-industrial temps.

Are there any technological reasons why we donā€™t have nuclear powered desalinization plants supplying water to CA?

Is it just global warming anti nuclear power nuts stopping it? Or is it not technologically possible at this point?
Itā€™s definitely technologically possible. Israel routinely uses desalination plants all along its coastline. Itā€™s probably still cost-prohibitive in CA. They have 40 million people in a huge state. Kentucky is five times bigger than Israel, which has 10 million people.

An ā€œunexpectedā€ 14 degree drop in temperature between 2003 and 2018. Neptuneā€™s 40 earth-year summer is confusing researchers. They expected a gradual increase in temperatures. Then, between 2018 and 2020, there was a raise by 20 degrees. This kind of polar warming has never been seen on Neptune until now. Neptuneā€™s average temp is a chilly -340 degree Fahrenheit. Researchers still donā€™t know what is causing the temperature shifts.
Can we send John Kerry there to check it out?

ā€œThe Antarctic was tropical far longer than it has been frozen. Tropical. The University of Pennsylvania went up there several years ago and they found metasequoia that were 26-foot diameter trunks. Think about 26-foot diameter trunks. The climate had changed so fast the trunks were not petrified, the leaves were still on the ground intact.ā€

- Tony Avent

If you buy into this stuffā€¦then you better get China & India on board or you are pissing in the wind. Those two countries alone caused a huge increase in the overall global carbon footprint this past year even with the US & other countries decreasing their footprints.

Also, air travel increased significantly worldwide which is a big contributor to emissions. So please explain why ā€œGreenā€ universities like USC, UCLA, Stanford & Oregon are about to increase the air travel of their sports teams 10-fold by joining conferences on the opposite side of the country. Yet those universities keep their ā€œGold Memberā€ status as champions of the green energy movement. Whatā€™s up with that???

Itā€™s all BS.

I am not making any judgments about what the cause of the changing climate is, but simply sharing that February was the hottest February documented by recorded temperatures. We are going through a warming cycle, it certainly seems to me. That is my only point. Is it permanent ?? Will it reverse or moderate ?? I do not pretend to know.
---
Extremes make averages.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
ā€œThe Antarctic was tropical far longer than it has been frozen. Tropical. The University of Pennsylvania went up there several years ago and they found metasequoia that were 26-foot diameter trunks. Think about 26-foot diameter trunks. The climate had changed so fast the trunks were not petrified, the leaves were still on the ground intact.ā€

- Tony Avent
Have you heard about food inside of Wooly Mammoths still being preserved because the bodies froze so fast? They had a guy from Simplot say it would have to be close to -200 celsius to freeze an animal that large fast enough that berries didn't digest in the belly.

Whatever happened.... Mammoths were apparently walking around and eating berries and then it got extremely cold really fast.

I saw where Europe was complaining so many people died due to heat in '22. I think around 20,000 people. They did not make a peep about the 40,000 people that died due to cold that same year. Humans do better in heat than cold. There is a reason nobody lives at the polls.

I saw where Europe was complaining so many people died due to heat in '22. I think around 20,000 people. They did not make a peep about the 40,000 people that died due to cold that same year. Humans do better in heat than cold. There is a reason nobody lives at the polls.
I definitely agree it is easier to shed layers of clothing than to create warmth in bitter cold. Your post was interesting and made me curious. While searching, I found this study that seemed to be comprehensive and in-depth. It was very scientific and far above my pay grade. As a result, I could not understand conclusions drawn, if any ā€¦

Last edited:
Agreed, for certain, but we certainly appear to be in a warming trend. I hope the trend is an ā€œextremeā€ and it moderates, if not reverses ā€¦
By ā€œwarming trendā€ are you referring to the fact that we are in a warm interglacial period that began about 11,000 years ago? If so, then yes we most certainly are in a ā€œwarming trendā€ in relation to the preceding ice age (which we are technically still in btw). Iā€™m thankful for that. Arenā€™t you???

Guess whatā€™s just around the corner (relatively speaking) in a few thousand years or so? Another effing ice age. This planet has been in and out of 5 of them since the dawn of time & I reckon it will continue to do so regardless of what man does or doesnā€™t do.

All 4 of the previous warm interglacial periods endured intermittent warming & cooling periods skewed to the warmer side overallā€¦no different than the current one. Glaciers & ice sheets melted in all 4 of the previous warm interglacial periodsā€¦no different than the current one. Mother Earth is gonna do her thing regardless of manā€™s presence.

Should we do our best to cut down on pollution, etcā€¦? Yes. Should we wreck economies by outpacing infrastructure to do so? No. Again, get China & India on board or you are pissing in the wind on the global scale.

As for meā€¦Iā€™ll take our current situation over an ice age any day of the week and twice on Earth Day. Speaking of which, Iā€˜ve planted 27 trees on my property in the last 21 yearsā€¦including 5 just last year. WTF have you done lately to save the planet???

ā€¦ Iā€˜ve planted 27 trees on my property in the last 21 yearsā€¦including 5 just last year. WTF have you done lately to save the planet???

I am enjoying planting trees and shrubs on my property. May I ask what kind of trees you have planted? This subject interest me more than the world is ending stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT