ADVERTISEMENT

Give me your starting five

The starting 5 of the blue team tonight..Take Alexander out of yours and add Green...Just mo...

I'll take the blue team starting 5, but the lineup I'm most excited to see later this season is SGA, Diallo, Knox, Vanderbilt, Washington. Every player 6'5-6'8 and can handle the ball. Dribble Drive baby!!!

Reactions: WildMoon
I think green and wenyen have to start or at least play big minutes. Wenyen looks very improved but still raw.

Green
Diallo
Know
Washington
Wenyen

I know that lineup isn't conventional but I would
Love to see us run that a lot even if that isn't the starting line up

Reactions: drcats2013
I feel like we should start the game with our hard work ethic lineup. Earned not given.

Calipari
Pulliam
David
Wynyard
Hmmmm...waterboy?

At some point before Vanderbilt's return I would like to see

SGA
Diallo
Richards
Knox
Washington

Mine are:

Alexander
Diallo
Knox
PJ
Richards
Alexander
Green
Knox
Washington
Diallo

I know no center, but we would be quick and have a lot of length off the bench too! I really think Sacha could give us a lot of offense, he looks a lot quicker this year to me! Wenyen would be instant energy off the bench. I don't care who starts, just want them to play hard, play together, and hit those free tosses!

Starters

Green
Diallo
Knox
Washington
Richards

Key Reserves

Gilgeous-Alexander
Gabriel
Killeya-Jones

I think SGA might push Green, though. Cal loves length. If he can put 6'5, 6'5, 6'7, 6'9, and 6'11 out there, you know he will. He has raved about SGA's length at his position. That 7'0 wingspan is unreal for a PG.

Should be;
Green, SGA, Knox, Washington, Richards

Will be;
Green, Diallo, Knox, Wash, Richarfs

Haven't seen anyone mention a lineup that I think would look pretty good:

Green
SGA
Diallo
Knox
Washington

Might not see much of this, especially if Baker doesn't recover quickly, or isn't ready to go.

Might see this late in games though (possibly subbing Wenyen for Washington due to ft shooting).

Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
When Vanderbilt is Back I’d love to see, in stretches;

Diallo
Knox
Vanderbilt
PJ
Wenyen

Me too.

Cal has hinted multiple times by now that Vanderbilt is point forward and that when he’s in you don’t need a point guard.

Really want to see that line up.

I think to start the season it should be Green, Diallo, Knox, Gabriel, and Jones!!!! By seasons end it’ll be Washington and Richards

It seems like there is some serious debate on this, which could be good or bad. Maybe all these guys are really good, or none of them are. The one debate that I notice more than anything is Green vs SGA. I see a lot of people putting SGA ahead of Green. But there is one thing I noticed, Green until cramps took over, had the white team consisting of 2 guys who will not likely see the floor with any meaningful minutes, tied with the blue team consisting of all the other guys mentioned as starters. I tend to wonder if this may be a case where SGA is perhaps the better player, but lacks the leader ability that Green has. It was really odd. I guess we will see how Cal thinks on Friday, but for me, I think PJ, Knox, and Richards are givens, and maybe Diallo as well. Then I would put Green in to control them all. I firmly believe that Green has something that you just can't measure or statistically define, and it will be that something that makes the team really good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT