ADVERTISEMENT

Get ITT if you've ever tried to get someone fired

JustinSphere

All-American
Nov 21, 2002
kentucky.rivals.com
You know who you are.

Let me preface this by saying it may be long but I only care about one specific person reading it. If you're reading and you don't care, then you shouldn't. I wouldn't.

But I'll start with a little of my history: I started posting here in 2004 during the Randolph Morris recruiting saga under the name Paul Caravello (YOU WANTED THE BEST YOU GOT THE BEST THE WORST POSTER ON THE BOARD CAYUTSSSSSS!!!!!). Awful. I was 19 and a moron. Whether I still am or not is another discussion. Around 2006 I started posting under my real name to, get this and the irony is rich in the end, HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT I POSTED ONLINE. Idiot. Anyway. Life went on, I got an education, doctorate degree, very good career in the medical field, and was able to spend more time than I probably needed posting on this site during down time at work during the day like many here do. At some point a couple years ago I stumbled upon a thread on the paddock that allowed me to post about day to day happenings and like any normal person I joked around and vented. I vented about life, family, hobbies, work, etc. Well the joking about work apparently didn't set well with a certain someone or group of people and they decided over the course of many months to collect some of my posts about work and anonymously email the CFO of the company I worked for to "get me". Well I got fired. I didn't argue it. Didn't dispute it. Hell... my name was right there. I manned up and took it. What was funny was that in the end my real life coworkers went to bat for me and my real life immediate boss went to bat for me during the "investigation" that lasted 3 days and despite my real life pristine work record, 5 years of real life no patient complaints whatsoever, countless real life patients coming back for services and asking for me specifically, and various real life awards won for patient satisfaction, it was corporate that made the call that they could no longer employ me based on what I had posted on the internet as jokes. No HIPAA violations to speak of because I was very careful in how I posted info. It was very basic and non-detailed. It was just the "character" of my posts. So in essence, what basically was the equivalent to bar talk or living room joking ON THE INTERNET, A LITTLE THREAD ON THE GENERAL FORUM OF A SMALL UK SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD was what got me fired IN REAL LIFE because I posted under my real name. ****ing moron. Oh well. You live and you learn. How they figured out where I worked... I'll never know. Don't care. I had a rough 2 weeks. Got over it. Got a new job.

Here's the kicker. This new job has afforded me:
1. work 3 miles from home vs 16 previously, never have to touch the interstate traffic. Can wake up 30 minutes before start time and be there early.
2. a $4k raise from my previous salary and bonuses to come based on work rate
3. more vacation days
4. paid vacation vs having to use PTO hours accrued
5. better hours
6. working with my preferred patient population/what I'm best at
7. much less stress

So in the end, I thank you... person that got me fired that posts/reads on this board. It was a lesson learned and if that was your end goal then God bless you. You did it. I learned a lesson... a big one. Leave personal happenings off the board. I'm 90% sure it was someone that posts in the D-League thread as that group of people is the only group that has ever visibly been offended by anything I've ever posted rather than go along with the joke, and I'm even more certain it was 1 of maybe 2 or 3 people that post there based on the nature of prior confrontation/interaction and having a history of handing out real life personal threats to other posters. I've been away from the board for about 2 months now and probably won't ever be back. I'm sure most won't miss me. But I'm a big fan of closure and I just wanted you to know that if we ever met in real life and I knew who you were and the role you played in my real life (not internet life) at some point prior, I'd thank you and shake your hand... probably buy ya a beer and talk about the Cats. I really don't hold a grudge and things have ended up working out better for me. My wife thanks you. My daughter, if she could talk and knew what was going on, would probably thank you. My bank account and more free hours away from work has only made me happier and I'd give you a hug if I could. Sometimes ya take for granted what people assume from this board... that it's not real and doesn't affect your real life, that we're all Wildcat friends and don't really dislike each other based on postings. Well... guess I'll be the example. There's someone/people that read this board that can't differentiate between real life and internet message board postings/jokes.

It's been real.

That is an awful story. However, you realize that whoever did that to you could forward that same info that got you fired to your new employer. You have given some pretty good clues as to where you are now working (distance from your home vs. old work place, etc). Remember they know your name and where you used to work. I would have left a sleeping dog alone.

Reactions: Moopyj
Would love for you to post the names of the suspects.

Also would love for you to not post under a name that is so close to your actual name you idiot stop doing that in case they decide to send it to your current employer or whatever because its some sort of unstable psychopath that did it.

Also, sorry to hear what actually happened, and very happy to hear it all worked out for you, you're right, lesson learned, for all of us quite frankly.

But I'm a big fan of closure and I just wanted you to know that if we ever met in real life and I knew who you were and the role you played in my real life (not internet life) at some point prior, I'd thank you and shake your hand... probably buy ya a beer and talk about the Cats. I really don't hold a grudge and things have ended up working out better for me. My wife thanks you. My daughter, if she could talk and knew what was going on, would probably thank you. My bank account and more free hours away from work has only made me happier and I'd give you a hug if I could.
Congratulations. If this is real sentiment, it's remarkable. This kind of mature and reasoned and gracious response would be noteworthy anywhere, but especially on the internet - or as I like to call it, the land of hostility and anger......

This saga is becoming an urban legend. Anyone with access to the message board could have done it. Wouldn't even need an account to come on here, read, and make screen shots. Also, anyone with an old account could contact rivals to have the name changed and post what the OP did.

That is an awful story. However, you realize that whoever did that to you could forward that same info that got you fired to your new employer. You have given some pretty good clues as to where you are now working (distance from your home vs. old work place, etc). Remember they know your name and where you used to work. I would have left a sleeping dog alone.
Perhaps that dog is being set up. I surely would be waiting.

Pretty sure there was full disclosure on Schpeerz'es part. The company that hired him did so knowing full well what went down because Schpeerz told them up front. (Unlike the low life that did this to him…Schpeerz didn't try to hide anything.) And guess what? His new employer gave no effs. Because they knew Schpeerz was a top notch employee with great recs from his former boss (who would have kept him if not for the decision made at the corporate level).

And most of all...his new employer realized how meaningless a meaningless message board is in the real world.

So...Schpeerz was actually done a favor by this lowlife interwebz coward. Because he got a better job. And I'm glad for Schpeerz because he is a good dude. A hard worker and a good family man who is just trying to do what we all are: provide for his family...and then blow off a little steam amongst so-called wildcat friends on a meaningless message board.

Sure, Schpeerz was embarrassed at first. Who wouldn't be in that situation? And he went through a couple of weeks of stress. And I'm sure his industrial league basketball stats probably suffered a little during that stretch as a result of the stress. (hahahahaha) But…in the end…the only people really hurt by this whole ordeal are Schpeerz'es former clients who lost the best PT in that building and also Schpeerz'es former boss and co-workers who lost their best worker.

And the dude who did this to him will get theirs. Life has a funny way of handling that sort of thing. Karma being a bitch and whatnot and so forth and the like.

Good for you, Jason! Good luck, brother.

Whoever snitched on you is a worthless pussy with no sack, no spine or internal ethics. If you get worked up online enough to f with someone's real-life livelihood, you're not worth the air you breathe or the cells that form your shitty body that's probably ugly and fat.

If the snitch is reading this, f you. I hope your life is nothing but misery, sadness and endless pain.

Only a true loser would sit around and collect numerous posts off the internet, find out where someone works, and then send it to their boss with the goal of getting them fired. Anyone that goes to all this trouble has to have a few screws lose. Anyways this pic says it best for the loser:

image.jpg

I'm calling BS on the miracle "everything is better job". Anybody that is consistently posting during the time their employer is paying them should be fired. If you had that much down time, you didn't have much responsibility.

Guys, I'll come clean it was me. I was jealous af of spears jump shot. It haunted my memory for years. It got so bad whenever I played a pick up game and shot a jumper I'd yell "Spears!!!", He had to go I'm sorry to let you guys down

I'm calling BS on the miracle "everything is better job". Anybody that is consistently posting during the time their employer is paying them should be fired. If you had that much down time, you didn't have much responsibility.

Someone's a stickler for the rules.

There's ways to dick around in every job no matter the level. Whether it's the CEO playing golf four days a week or the lowest man on the totem pole reading Twitter on the shitter.

Reactions: jarms24
I sure miss your takes on women's wrestling over in that thread. I don't blame you for not wanting to post anymore due to some slapnut not able to have a sense of humor.

I'm going to call your new employer and try to get your ass fired for your lack of paragraphs in that post.

OP: Glad you landed on your feet and then some.
Guy who e-mailed OP's employer: Karma's gonna make you it's b!tch. Good luck with that.

If you know who the rat is, f'ing out them. Why would you cover for some thin-skinned POS that is actively trying to ruin someone's personal life from a message board spat? Out the gaffot bitch already.
One of the D leaguers not sure which. A few top the list

This thread has been pretty good so far. But the rocket fuel is in the tank waiting for ignition: Somebody start throwing out names of the potential snitches and let's get this witch hunt started.

This thread has been pretty good so far. But the rocket fuel is in the tank waiting for ignition: Somebody start throwing out names of the potential snitches and let's get this witch hunt started.
exactly, I feel it's going to explode soon. Shortly there after it will be locked. Good call. My prediction at 5 pages still stands. Mods will watch this thread, nothing to see here but then just when they look away BOOM something will set the shit off. imo have to say btw went to the godfaterstrip club last night. GOod place. Solid women had a great time.

Reactions: Willy4UK

wouldn't that be exactly opposite of how spears wanted people to act in general? since spears went all gandhi on this shit, i feel like we act in kind.

ADVERTISEMENT