ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia releases Demery from LOI after domestic violence charges

I think her mother is at fault, caused it all.

She probably taught her daughter to walk away from a fight-------especially if it is a man and he is 6' 5" and weighs 316#.

I thought I read that there's a new SEC rule that states if a high school prospect has a police record of domestic abuse or violence then they aren't allowed in the conference.

But if that's not the case, kudos to Kirby Smart for getting rid of him. There's no use in the world for men who put their hands on females.

Reactions: Blueisbest
I thought I read that there's a new SEC rule that states if a high school prospect has a police record of domestic abuse or violence then they aren't allowed in the conference.

But if that's not the case, kudos to Kirby Smart for getting rid of him. There's no use in the world for men who put their hands on females.
I get the sentiment but I would have never put it in those words.

Shocking Smart released him. Same guy who came from a program (Bama) that has allowed several players to stick around after getting arrested for multiple incidents.

I know (some) of you guys are joking, but does anyone doubt for a second that the player will be given a free ride at some other Div I program? And the coach of that team will have a press conference where they said they "checked out his character, looked him in the eye, and were convinced he was a changed person" or words to that effect? Happens 100% of the time.

I know (some) of you guys are joking, but does anyone doubt for a second that the player will be given a free ride at some other Div I program? And the coach of that team will have a press conference where they said they "checked out his character, looked him in the eye, and were convinced he was a changed person" or words to that effect? Happens 100% of the time.
Sounds like a transcript of a Bobby Petrino press conference announcing any one of their recent incoming transfers.

I think her mother is at fault, caused it all.

She probably taught her daughter to walk away from a fight-------especially if it is a man and he is 6' 5" and weighs 316#.

She tried, he wouldn't let her, grabber by back of neck, pushed her into a wall and pulled her hair. She said it wasn't the first time he had gotten physical with her but first time authorities had gotten involved. They have a child together that's about a month old.

I don't pretend the Dawgs are a bunch of choirboys, we have had some real doosies. But one charged with domestic violence would not have been admitted to UGA, even if Kirby was for keeping him. Our admission panel has kept kids out for much less.

Reactions: eku69
I think UK and Georgia are two of the cleanest programs in the SEC, and go overboard in that direction when you see what other programs are doing. Vandy could be in there but don't hear much about them.

I was just pointing out one of the excuses Transfer U might use when they recruit him. one of many they have up their sleeve.

I think the recent episode of about ten armed robberies by one of their former stars (that had an armed robbery BEFORE they signed him) is just one incident of many to come from their win at all costs policies.

Reactions: TopCatCal

You right. If they were forced to be dropped from Div 1 football and not allowed to play at that level anymore, at least it would make some think before doing stupid things like that. The way it is now, they don't get punished and they continue to do it on into the pros.

All jokes aside I hope the kid cleans up his act and gets a second shot. I don't condone his actions but this one mistake shouldn't ruin his life or his football chances. There always mitigating circumstances and two sides to every story and the kid is 18. I am sure many of you will disagree and that is ok, but I hope all involved in this situation gets it heading in the right direction. Especially since there is a child involved.

All jokes aside I hope the kid cleans up his act and gets a second shot. I don't condone his actions but this one mistake shouldn't ruin his life or his football chances. There always mitigating circumstances and two sides to every story and the kid is 18. I am sure many of you will disagree and that is ok, but I hope all involved in this situation gets it heading in the right direction. Especially since there is a child involved.

He was choking her in a restaurant. Doubt it's the first time this has happened. I wonder what "the other side of the story" is.

He was choking her in a restaurant. Doubt it's the first time this has happened. I wonder what "the other side of the story" is.

No idea and that isn't my concern, I am more concerned that they get their acts together and grow up. More to life than football or what university they play for and it is very easy to judge when we aren't in their shoes. If he is guilty he will pay his debt to society and after that I hope he figures his life out. I hope he has someone in his ear that will help him be a man... not just a football player

Recidivism is rampant with child and woman beaters - acts of aggression usually when the offender feels his/her authority is being tested. As a former Police officer - I have seen it way too often and usually from someone not man enough to stand up to a person his equal.

No idea and that isn't my concern, I am more concerned that they get their acts together and grow up. More to life than football or what university they play for and it is very easy to judge when we aren't in their shoes. If he is guilty he will pay his debt to society and after that I hope he figures his life out. I hope he has someone in his ear that will help him be a man... not just a football player

In their shoes? Seriously? It is easy to judge this one. Take the blinders off. It was in a public setting. Not a behind the door he said/she said.

The kid has some baggage. According to the girl this isn't the first time it happened but the first time it was reported. He also has a couple of kids with different girls. I know this isn't an excuse, but his dad hasn't been in the picture and he lost his mother to cancer last year. Hasn't had the easiest life, but that isn't an excuse for what he did, just never had much of a chance. But I am glad he isn't going to be representing UGA, but the kid needs a break to come his way, he is due.

The kid has some baggage. According to the girl this isn't the first time it happened but the first time it was reported. He also has a couple of kids with different girls. I know this isn't an excuse, but his dad hasn't been in the picture and he lost his mother to cancer last year. Hasn't had the easiest life, but that isn't an excuse for what he did, just never had much of a chance. But I am glad he isn't going to be representing UGA, but the kid needs a break to come his way, he is due.

Transfer U majors in handing out breaks, the only question is can he play or not?

Nothing else really matters.

Transfer U majors in handing out breaks, the only question is can he play or not?

Nothing else really matters.

Actually I though he had skinny legs, which isn't a plus for an OL, and looked very rigid, if he was going to help a P5 team it is as depth or maybe a 5th year sr. starter. But then again he has pretty much raised himself and had no boundries, getting in school somewhere with a strong condition coordinator may be he needs. I am just glad that isn't going to happen in Athens.

Actually I though he had skinny legs, which isn't a plus for an OL, and looked very rigid, if he was going to help a P5 team it is as depth or maybe a 5th year sr. starter. But then again he has pretty much raised himself and had no boundries, getting in school somewhere with a strong condition coordinator may be he needs. I am just glad that isn't going to happen in Athens.

Exceptions to every rule but have you ever noticed a lot of those really fast guys have skinny legs, Deion one that stuck out to me.

Exceptions to every rule but have you ever noticed a lot of those really fast guys have skinny legs, Deion one that stuck out to me.

That's true, but speed isn't what I would put near the top of my list for OT, I was surprised he was listed at 305, he looked much smaller than the other 2 OT in the class, of course one is a giant at 6'7" 360 but the other is 6'5" 310 and he looked much smaller.

But haven't heard where he might be looking to attend, not sure the transfer rule applies to incoming frosh, State got that kid in last year, so that is an option, Louisville is always an option, if Auburn thinks he can help them they will offer too.

ADVERTISEMENT