ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia game ...

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
I'm surprised to see that Georgia is currently shown on ESPN as a 14.5-point favorite.
That seems a bit low to me, but is encouraging to KY fans.

Georgia's offense hasn't been great this season and UK's defense has been pretty good. This has the makings of a 27-10, 24-3 type UGA win though. I just don't see how UK will score much against them, unless it's their defense doing it.

UK seems to usually give Ga. a good game no matter how bad the mismatch is,not sure that be the case this Season though. Cats probably give Bulldogs all they want but lose in the end which will just piss me off more about the Missouri game!

I believe our defense will do a decent job. The offense is what's going to suck. I still see us keeping it relatively close. Something like 24-0. Still that spread is probably low.

I survived Athens for 21 years before I was blessed to escape. I learned two things about Georgia football. They have never lost a game, they simply run out of time if they are on the short end of the score; and the most important thing, and don’t ever forget it, they won the national championship in 1980.

I believe our defense will do a decent job. The offense is what's going to suck. I still see us keeping it relatively close. Something like 24-0. Still that spread is probably low.
The strength of GA offense and Stetson Bennett is crossing patterns over the middle (in addition to their normally strong run game).

Our biggest weakness on defense is.........covering short passes over the middle and covering backs in passing routes.

Kirby will line up and run the ball down our throat until we show that we can stop the run up the middle. That is going to be really difficult for us to do without Q again this week.

Could be a very long day for the offense and the defense.

The only thing we can hope for is that GA overlooks us and plays their "Kirby" game like they did against USC last year.

Kirby did say on Finebaum today that they actually spent 1 day on KY and was working on other upcoming opponents game plan (Florida). So, Kirby is obviously very confident of an easy victory over us on Saturday.
Maybe the team will be too.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
UK seems to usually give Ga. a good game no matter how bad the mismatch is,not sure that be the case this Season though. Cats probably give Bulldogs all they want but lose in the end which will just piss me off more about the Missouri game!

I think theres been two close games in the 10 straight UGa wins most have been blowouts - doesnt mean this one cant be close but its not true that these games have been very competitive.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I'm surprised to see that Georgia is currently shown on ESPN as a 14.5-point favorite.
That seems a bit low to me, but is encouraging to KY fans.

Just vegas trying to get people to give up their money.

Wonder what kind of mayhem there'd be after a UK victory. Everyone is going to bet on Georgia

You and Stl Cat are always such rays of sunshine...
Love the team, just trying to be realistic with what I saw on the field last game, coupled with what I saw on the field with UGA/Bama; add in the weird shit that’s going on with TW, and few other pieces of info (Schlar, Ali, etc). Could be a long day Saturday.

Reactions: BlueTick2
21-0 Dawgs. Cats defense will put up a fight, if Gatewood or Beau plays we’ll find a way to get a TD. Would actually be a tough bet for me to make considering I think a late touchdown by UK probably means a 14 point loss and not quite 14.5.

UK seems to usually give Ga. a good game no matter how bad the mismatch is, not sure that be the case this Season though. Cats probably give Bulldogs all they want but lose in the end which will just piss me off more about the Missouri game!
I think the schedule flip really screwed things up. We came out of the UT game on a high. I think we had a hangover this past Saturday. I would have much rather had the hangover against a team we weren't expected to beat in the first place, and would have rather it been at home as well. I think the schedule flip messed with a lot of things. Game prep, travel schedules, everything. I think we play better this week, but it's against a top tier team. It sounds more and more like Gatewood will be taking the bulk of the snaps this week if Wilson is injured or whatever, so I hope the team rallies around him and it's the start of a solid career for him.

UK's lost something like 10 in a row to UGA and have been pretty much dominated the last 3 years. Shows what 3*s versus 4*-5*s looks like. UK needs to step up its game and recruiting to match top SEC teams.

UGA may be flat And UK may be fired up a bit. Still don’t see the Cats covering although there’s a reason for that extra 1/2 point

I'm fn fired up. It ain't like we don't have the talent to beat UGA once in a blue moon. Little Stetson Jr ain't all world either.

If our D is inspired, and Eddie's head ain't up his own ass, the Joey Gatewood era could arrive with a bang. LFG!!!!!!

This all SEC season is pretty dope, and anything can happen on Saturday.

The strength of GA offense and Stetson Bennett is crossing patterns over the middle (in addition to their normally strong run game).

Our biggest weakness on defense is.........covering short passes over the middle and covering backs in passing routes.

Kirby will line up and run the ball down our throat until we show that we can stop the run up the middle. That is going to be really difficult for us to do without Q again this week.

Could be a very long day for the offense and the defense.

The only thing we can hope for is that GA overlooks us and plays their "Kirby" game like they did against USC last year.

Kirby did say on Finebaum today that they actually spent 1 day on KY and was working on other upcoming opponents game plan (Florida). So, Kirby is obviously very confident of an easy victory over us on Saturday.
Maybe the team will be too.
Wow. He really said he only gave us 1 day?

What little Ive seen from Gatewood doesnt having me expecting some wild Rudy esque moment. Who knows what hes capable of given the reigns from the get go. Certainly havent seen enough to write him off outright either obviously.

What little Ive seen from Gatewood doesnt having me expecting some wild Rudy esque moment. Who knows what hes capable of given the reigns from the get go. Certainly havent seen enough to write him off outright either obviously.

He looks pretty fast, with a quick release on passes. And 6’ 5” and 245 lbs. can help wear or lean on an opponent thru the course of a game.

He might not be a great passer, but might fit what Stoops wants, pretty good.

I think the schedule flip really screwed things up. We came out of the UT game on a high. I think we had a hangover this past Saturday. I would have much rather had the hangover against a team we weren't expected to beat in the first place, and would have rather it been at home as well. I think the schedule flip messed with a lot of things. Game prep, travel schedules, everything. I think we play better this week, but it's against a top tier team. It sounds more and more like Gatewood will be taking the bulk of the snaps this week if Wilson is injured or whatever, so I hope the team rallies around him and it's the start of a solid career for him.

I just don't understand why UK would have a hangover, as you said. Our talent level is not good enough at the present time, to discount anyone.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

UK's lost something like 10 in a row to UGA and have been pretty much dominated the last 3 years. Shows what 3*s versus 4*-5*s looks like. UK needs to step up its game and recruiting to match top SEC teams.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I think UK had about as good a recruiting class as they could last year honestly. I think there were 10 4* at least in that class. Now the problem is Georgia is getting all 4* and a couple 5* every year. It already looks like UK isn't gonna have nearly as good a class this year which is disappointing.

Reactions: mrschwump
I see that the line shown on ESPN has moved to 17.0 now ...
Yeah because the average hack (Sorry Hack no offense intended) sees UK’s starting QB is out and they dont do their homework and realize he is being replaced with a duel threat phenom.

Reactions: The-Hack
I have no idea about this one..... Heart says we will make it an interesting game, heads says, UGA will get to take a look at some young guys in the 4th quarter. Breaking in a new qb against the their defense probably isn't the best thing that could happen. Save a couple of bombs, they played Bama pretty tough, the defense that is.

While true somehow we manage to keep the score much closer than the game actually was. Not sure now, but we do

UK needs to step up its game and recruiting to match top SEC teams.

I agree, completely, but that’s essentially saying we need to be the top class in average: Georgia’s average class rank the last 4 Classes . . . 1.7th in the nation.

Short of Dabo or Saban deciding they want thoroughbred’s eating outside of their respective mansions, it likely can’t be done by hiring, alone.

The 2020 class was likely our best, since Stoops, hence our best since the 70’s. We are getting there, but more wins must come so more OOS 4 and 5 stars will pick us.

Wow. He really said he only gave us 1 day?
Yes. That is what he said on Finebaum referring to their bye week preparations. That was on Tuesday, I think. I feel sure they may have gameplanned for us at least one day this week.

I hope they didn't. That's how USC slipped up on them last year. Kirby worries more about beating Florida than anyone else on the schedule, and rightly so.
He can take the heat for a loss to USC or UK, but not a loss to the Gaytors.

I think some of you are making something out of nothing on the one day thing. It was a bye week. You concentrate on your team during a bye week. I'm sure they concentrated on us this week.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I agree, completely, but that’s essentially saying we need to be the top class in average: Georgia’s average class rank the last 4 Classes . . . 1.7th in the nation.

Short of Dabo or Saban deciding they want thoroughbred’s eating outside of their respective mansions, it likely can’t be done by hiring, alone.

The 2020 class was likely our best, since Stoops, hence our best since the 70’s. We are getting there, but more wins must come so more OOS 4 and 5 stars will pick us.

Haven’t you heard Hack, big dog got this🍺

Yet here Georgia is minus an elite QB and an elite RB.

They can be had tomorrow Hack.

and with all that talent the best they can come up with is a 2 star walk-on quarterback and we start a Rivals 100 near 5 star.

For those that believe that quarterbacks often decide the games, there's that little tidbit.

I guess one could conjecture it only takes a day to scheme against a 3/4 play offense

ADVERTISEMENT