ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia game ...

I think some of you are making something out of nothing on the one day thing. It was a bye week. You concentrate on your team during a bye week. I'm sure they concentrated on us this week.
That is exactly what happened. We worked on fundamentals during our bye week. We actually had an extra day for Kentucky prep than we would have had normally without the bye.

Reactions: Glenn's take
You bring in a new qb with not much background and we play like we did on defense against TN. Anything is possible, right now.

Hmmmm. One way to read it.

I hope it didn’t rain on the extra day they got!

Thats how teams use their Bye Week. We use to do the same thing where I coached. You don’t want to give 2 weeks to one opponent. It becomes over kill and it ends up backfiring on you. Football is about routines. You prepare the same every week. Football coaches and players don’t like their routine interrupted.

Yes. That is what he said on Finebaum referring to their bye week preparations. That was on Tuesday, I think. I feel sure they may have gameplanned for us at least one day this week.

I hope they didn't. That's how USC slipped up on them last year. Kirby worries more about beating Florida than anyone else on the schedule, and rightly so.
He can take the heat for a loss to USC or UK, but not a loss to the Gaytors.
The bye week was to fix some things on defense, but kirby takes you guys very seriously. You had his full attention this week.

ADVERTISEMENT