ADVERTISEMENT

Gatewood at QB Rodriguez at RB rest of the year

And let's start playing some of our young receivers. Why the hell did we recruit Drennan and Cummings if we don't play them? And yeah I'm absolutely baffled at the number of carries Rose gets. Not only should CRod be ahead of him but so should McClain and Tisdale. Rose right now is 5th on the depth chart. He's averaging 2 yards per carry and 1 fumble for every 9 touches.

Because he’s a senior and we all know the seniors on this team are the far better players 🤷🏼‍♂️

2020 is so f’d at this point we might as well start Gatewood, Rodriquez, Jutahn, Drennen, Branham, and whoever our fastest track and field sprinter is regardless if he can catch.

Defense is excluded from this. They have done their job quite adequately the last three games.

And let's start playing some of our young receivers. Why the hell did we recruit Drennan and Cummings if we don't play them? And yeah I'm absolutely baffled at the number of carries Rose gets. Not only should CRod be ahead of him but so should McClain and Tisdale. Rose right now is 5th on the depth chart. He's averaging 2 yards per carry and 1 fumble for every 9 touches.
Agree on the receivers...we completed 4 passes, 3 to Ali (he dropped another easy one), and 1 to Rose. Daily and the rest need to sit. I'll amend that. Ali needs to sit because of the drop and the fumble.

Baffled by your comments on the RB's. Rose: 43 yards, 5 carries 8.6 yards/carry. CRod: 48 yards, 9 carries, 5.3 yards/carry. It's not like Crod is the second coming of Snell. Not even close.

I think the frustration with rose is that he should be used as a change of pace, 3rd down back. Rose is better in space and has the better hands. We should pound it with c rod and mix in rose/mcclain/smoke

Agree on the receivers...we completed 4 passes, 3 to Ali (he dropped another easy one), and 1 to Rose. Daily and the rest need to sit. I'll amend that. Ali needs to sit because of the drop and the fumble.

Baffled by your comments on the RB's. Rose: 43 yards, 5 carries 8.6 yards/carry. CRod: 48 yards, 9 carries, 5.3 yards/carry. It's not like Crod is the second coming of Snell. Not even close.

Rose had a 29 yard carry lol

I agree with OP name Gatewood and Crod starters and give them the whole game
Crod comes out when he asks then Smoke & the other two youngsters
Agreed...5th game of year and we are still throwing out clunkers on offense. Give our best players the ball and quit trying to get everybody snaps. Do what we did in 2017...ride Benny til the tires ran off of him.

We need CRod to get 25 touches a game and Gatewood as a better QB run threat on other side of read option...then let's throw off playaction to our TEs and occasionally shots to Ali. But at this point it's a waste of a down to throw the ball w/o play action with Terry and running him has turned into no threat (he's for sure lost a step getting to the corner).

Might as well give the reps to the younger guys. Gonna get ass handed to them in every remaining game but Vandy and we might win that one 3-0 or we could lose it 3-0. Over a million dollars a year for this shit? No more from my bank account.

It won’t happen. Stoops has a you know what for Terry Wilson and AJ Rose. I can’t explain the reasoning but it is what it is. Better just to accept it. You’ll sleep better.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
It won’t happen. Stoops has a you know what for Terry Wilson and AJ Rose. I can’t explain the reasoning but it is what it is. Better just to accept it. You’ll sleep better.
I agree he won’t do it - but I won’t lose any sleep - I just want to see a somewhat balanced offense

We should probably see what Crumes can do.

Our receivers are pathetic. We had some good production from the 2014 class, nothing from 2015 except for an OK sophomore year from Richardson before he started regressing, nothing from 2016, nothing from 2017 except for Bowden (and mostly as an overall weapon as opposed to receiver) and a very inconsistent and mistake prone Ali, very little from 2018.

We should probably see what Crumes can do.

Our receivers are pathetic. We had some good production from the 2014 class, nothing from 2015 except for an OK sophomore year from Richardson before he started regressing, nothing from 2016, nothing from 2017 except for Bowden (and mostly as an overall weapon as opposed to receiver) and a very inconsistent and mistake prone Ali, very little from 2018.
Bowden should thank his lucky stars he got to show his skills at QB/RB last year because he was average as a wide receiver and it’s pretty clear wasnt gonna get the ball either if Terry was QB
Anyway.

CRod has averaged 7 yards per carry for his career on 119 carries and 5.6 per carry this year. Snell averaged 5.3 per carry for his career and 5.9 as a Fr, 5.2 as a soph and 5.1 as a Jr. Only difference in Crod and Snell is personality and the staffs refusal to fed CRod the ball like they did Snell. Other than that they are basically the same player.

Dynamic playmakers that need to be coached up and put on the field: mcclain, drennan, Sanders, branham. Maybe crumes and Hayes. Cummings is more of a physical receiver. We are already getting that from dailey.

Bandwagon UKFB fans need to be banned. GTOH. Here is the link that you can moan better:
Tennessee had 5000 posts on its game thread today. We didn't even have a game thread up when the ole Miss game started. I don't think you can put Kentucky in the same category of unhappiness after a loss compared to the rest of the SEC.

Yes agree 100% on your post! Rose should only get touches on pass plays where he can block or be last option fir QB for RB swing pass. Why this staff continues to give him the carries they do just baffles me!!

Yeah, can't understand, not giving the younger receivers some playing time. Another thing that baffles me, is I watch other teams, and they usually have some open receivers to throw to. Our guys, they're always covered up it seems. You experts tell me, do our receivers just suck at running routes, or does our WR coach suck?

I was hoping for big things from Bryce Oliver, I thought he was limping coming off the field? Tight ends, I can only remember one attempt, of course we didn't have many. I had to put the remote out of reach early in the game, I don't want to buy a new TV until Black Friday.

I got absolutely roasted on here for saying this last week. Funny how everyone’s opinion changes on this board. I like Terry as a person and appreciate what he’s done for the program. I also think he’s a below average SEC QB. I know he still has a good record but outside of a couple games (namely UF years ago) he didn’t win us those games himself.

Might as well give the reps to the younger guys. Gonna get ass handed to them in every remaining game but Vandy and we might win that one 3-0 or we could lose it 3-0. Over a million dollars a year for this shit? No more from my bank account.
Why Gatewood? Bo Nix ran him out at Auburn. And Nix is terrible!

Stoops said on his show that CR is on Roses heels of getting to play more. Sounds like they are pretty even the way Stoops talks about both of them. It seems that CR is playing twice as good in games, guess not.

ADVERTISEMENT