ADVERTISEMENT

Gas prices

Was $1.79 the week before Ho Biden took office. Today, $2.39 here. It is rising every week so far. Libnuts have got their wish. Gas gets to high no one will want to go out and everyone can quit their jobs and go on welfare.
You may have to get a job.

No point. Many prices and flows of market are due to who is in charge of the nation. Projections happen. The fact that taxes will be raised and the talk of minimum wages doubling will do what they always do. You ever heard of gouging? This happens and with Ho Biden showing his dictator type leadership by record breaking EO's and the fact that the XL pipeline and fracking is being stopped should be enough for people who have the capacity to understand see this.
Ok, but I think instead of posting a bunch of reactionary and inflammatory vitriol you could instead think critically and give some analysis right? Every non die hard conservative that read your post your post rolled their eyes.

"Gas is high cause a' Ho Biden did it"

First name calling is immature. It relays the message to everyone else that your argument is weak so it needs something else off topic to spice it up. Since you couldn't come up with anything you resorted to middle school tactics.

Second gas prices at the pump are a short term price. A bunch of refineries were offline for 2 weeks. We are coming out of a low gas utilization pandemic. Those are definitely pushing the price higher.

You can see at my link posted below the national average for February 2020 was $2.442 and the national average now is $2.501. Yes it was certainly lower at the heart of the pandemic, but it was $2.19 in December and $2.334 in January.

So month over month increase is $.17 and the year over year increase is $.08. I think maybe 1/2 of that is the ice storms impact. So we can attribute at most maybe $.04 to $.10 to Biden if we really want to blame him. Is that worth calling names, making incendiary comments, and alienating people on this forum over?

Just to demonstrate even people that try to sound reasonable and say oh yes I'm for renewable energy will then spend the next 3 paragraphs telling you why each and every option is a bad choice for America.

Like so many other things in life, not making a choice is making a choice just to be clear.

Reactions: Chuckinden
Ok, but I think instead of posting a bunch of reactionary and inflammatory vitriol you could instead think critically and give some analysis right? Every non die hard conservative that read your post your post rolled their eyes.

First name calling is immature. It relays the message to everyone else that your argument is weak so it needs something else off topic to spice it up. Since you couldn't come up with anything you resorted to middle school tactics.

Second gas prices at the pump are a short term price. A bunch of refineries were offline for 2 weeks. We are coming out of a low gas utilization pandemic. Those are definitely pushing the price higher.

You can see at my link posted below the national average for February 2020 was $2.442 and the national average now is $2.501. Yes it was certainly lower at the heart of the pandemic, but it was $2.19 in December and $2.334 in January.

So month over month increase is $.17 and the year over year increase is $.08. I think maybe 1/2 of that is the ice storms impact. So we can attribute at most maybe $.04 to $.10 to Biden if we really want to blame him. Is that worth calling names, making incendiary comments, and alienating people on this forum over?

Boom. WC doesn’t deal in facts. Just name calling.

Reactions: jameslee32
OT a bit, but I have started to ride my bike to work now every once in a while (did so on Thursday), it is a habit I picked up during Covid, when there is so little traffic, good exercise, and on the way home, lets me decompress a bit. It is easy for me since probably 50% or more of the trip is through the Arboretum and campus, where you would have to really be trying to get hit by a car. Oh , and the fuel cost is really reasonable. :D

Reactions: awf and parrott
As far as prices go, I don't have a clue. I don't pay attention to the price at all. It's not like I'm gonna say "Nope, that's too high, not gonna get gas today." All of my vehicles require premium or e85 so I'm used to high fuel costs anyways.

It is funny. My Dad, bless his heart is notorious for finding the cheapest gas and then will tell me about it. He'll find the station 10 miles away to save a quarter a gallon.

Gas price is obviously impactful when it goes from $2.50 to $4.50 a gallon, other than that I generally don't notice.

Reactions: awf
What I want to know is when/why did the prices for mid-level and premium change so much? For most of my life there were 10c increments between the levels. Now it is 3-4 times that.
Is that Bidens fault too?

GO CATS

Reactions: 420grover
It is funny. My Dad, bless his heart is notorious for finding the cheapest gas and then will tell me about it. He'll find the station 10 miles away to save a quarter a gallon.

Gas price is obviously impactful when it goes from $2.50 to $4.50 a gallon, other than that I generally don't notice.
It’s a dad thing.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
It’s a liquid that makes cars work, but that’s not important right now.

M3Qn6b6.jpg

I don't care what you think of the way I post otherwise your words would work. Many including me don't care about the opinion from the left or your eyerolls simply because the left has been so corrupt and damning on this country you have brought this on yourselves. You insult in a condescending way and then feign taking the high road. I gave you my reasons for the hike in another post and Ho Biden is mainly the reason at this point.

Was $1.79 the week before Ho Biden took office. Today, $2.39 here. It is rising every week so far. Libnuts have got their wish. Gas gets to high no one will want to go out and everyone can quit their jobs and go on welfare.
Biden’s got nothing to do with it. I‘ve worked in refining for over 30 years. Nothing he’s done so far has any immediate impact On prices. It will in the future. Did you know over 3 million bpd of refining capacity went down, and most still down, due to the USGC freeze and polar vortex. Supply and demand, like everything else.

that's right, nothing to see here, move along . . .

Here are a couple of points that I believe:

1. Most of you guys on this site are convinced that global warming/climate change is liberal BS
2. Nothing I or anyone else posting on Cats Illustrated is going to your opinion on point 1 above

So . . . we can still get along, we will just talk about sports, women, beer, movies, music, shorting Gamestop, or hell, whatever else comes up of interest.

Deal?
What if global warming is real? How is that earth-shattering? People have time to move from the waters' edge if sea levels rise. Canada & Russia will have plenty more arable land. CO2 can be captured if necessary. Net, I don't get why anything needs to be done in a rush, if at all.

Please explain if you disagree.

Reactions: awf and PhDcat2018
What if global warming is real? How is that earth-shattering? People have time to move from the waters' edge if sea levels rise. Canada & Russia will have plenty more arable land. CO2 can be captured if necessary. Net, I don't get why anything needs to be done in a rush, if at all.

Please see points 1 and 2

So, how about those Cats!!

• Sad
Reactions: vhcat70
Biden’s got nothing to do with it. I‘ve worked in refining for over 30 years. Nothing he’s done so far has any immediate impact On prices. It will in the future. Did you know over 3 million bpd of refining capacity went down, and most still down, due to the USGC freeze and polar vortex. Supply and demand, like everything else.
Hey, you hush now! This thread was only created so people could creep out of the political thread and blame the new administration for something. You're ruining their fun.

NM

Last edited:
What I want to know is when/why did the prices for mid-level and premium change so much? For most of my life there were 10c increments between the levels. Now it is 3-4 times that.
Is that Bidens fault too?

GO CATS

I think it depends on the station but some places like Shell put fuel additives in the premium grades.

Reactions: Pharmboy007

Be careful or you’ll get another stock go-to response of the single word “false” which will then be followed by ten likes by other posters commenting how WC just stuck it to the libtards . . . rinse, wash, repeat.

Reactions: Pharmboy007
It was going up well before that storm hit. It was I think 1.89 or 1.99 3 months or so ago where i live.
Cause people sheltering in place has no impact of supply and demand ,when average was below $2 APR-JUN.

2020 US average was JAN 2.64/gal FEB 2.54 , 2021 was JAN 2.42 and 2.59 for FEB.
We'll see how summer looks , it's been near $3/gal in 2018/2019 before Covid.

Not true.In Lex a month ago it was right at 2.00 a gallon.Today, 2.59.Good try though.

You can easily google national average for anytime of the year in 10 seconds and see that that is absolutely true. The national average might be different from the Lexington average as the national average is for the whole country. That’s what national means FYI, it doesn’t mean Lexington.

As far as dollars and cents goes, the above is likely correct, so long as you are comfortable ignoring the much larger threat caused by global warming, which 95% of the posters on this site reject out of hand as a hoax, and nothing to worry about, so spending even $10 on alternate energy sources is essentially $10 wasted, so no need to go there or repeat the same old arguments that go nowhere.
Global warming isn't a hoax. It's a thing.... that happens over thousands of years. It's a natural process and there's nowhere near enough evidence to prove humanity has had an appreciable change.

Those wind turbines you libs love? Do not break down and decompose. We've reduced co2 by using more natural gas. Not by building more windmills.

Be careful or you’ll get another stock go-to response of the single word “false” which will then be followed by ten likes by other posters commenting how WC just stuck it to the libtards . . . rinse, wash, repeat.
False is standard because generally your post are. You have given the same response for the last four years. Orange man bad, Trump screwed up economy (COVID) Trumps starting WWIII (never happened), Russia helped Trump (never happened), Trump and Quid Pro Quo (Biden on record for actually doing it so, Never happened for Trump) Trump racist (not true denounced racism many times) Trump going to increase troops and start more wars in middle east (never happened, Biden actually doing that now) Trump will raise gas prices beyond Obama's prices (never happened, Biden working on that now) and the list goes on. You lie at every turn so, False to your post is almost always the correct response. Nothing more need be posted. Truth is truth.

It's $2.43 here today. Somebody said something about gas prices being determined mostly by supply and demand, crude oil price and a few other more intermittent things like refinery trouble/hurricanes, etc. I'm not buying it though. I think whoever is president controls them.....
It's both honestly. Biden nixing the pipeline effects the flow of supply is an example.

He can't debate with actual proof. There is no proof that america has threatened the entire global environment and therefore should cut all fossil fuel production. China and India don't have to yet even though they have over 3 times the population...

Global warming isn't a hoax. It's a thing.... that happens over thousands of years. It's a natural process and there's nowhere near enough evidence to prove humanity has had an appreciable change.

Those wind turbines you libs love? Do not break down and decompose. We've reduced co2 by using more natural gas. Not by building more windmills.
As I've said more than once already, please see point 1 and 2 in earlier post. Now how about those Cats!

Nope. If you're not willing to back your argument it proves you don't have one.
No, it proves your mind is made up and I choose not to argue with you so have a good evening

Last edited:
You can easily google national average for anytime of the year in 10 seconds and see that that is absolutely true. The national average might be different from the Lexington average as the national average is for the whole country. That’s what national means FYI, it doesn’t mean Lexington.
No, I don’t have statistics on all 50 states.Bottom line is gas is trending up everywhere and Biden’s policies are not gonna help.

Shutting down pipelines,ending drilling in certain areas(Alaska for one),ending leases for shale drilling in certain areas of the US will only make it go up.

No, I don’t have statistics on all 50 states.Bottom line is gas is trending up everywhere and Biden’s policies are not gonna help.

Shutting down pipelines,ending drilling in certain areas(Alaska for one),ending leases for shale drilling in certain areas of the US will only make it go up.

You must have me mistaken with someone else. I stated the national average gas price per gallon for certain periods of time. You responded with not true and then stated Lexington gas prices. However, my post was true. Hopefully that clears up your apparent confusion.

No, your mind is made up and I choose not to argue with you so have a good evening
This is a typical liberal response though. I have no facts to prove america is causing global warming and destroying the climate so I'll take my ball and go home. Carbon can be captured. Natural gas is far less polluting than coal and far more abundant(I believe America still has the largest reserves of natural gas in the world). What do we do with the leftover batteries? What do we do with the broken or used windmill blades? How are we going to produce enough energy to power every vehicle today in circulation?

ADVERTISEMENT