ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Parish’s NEW Top 25...Check Out His Mea Culpa!!!

It has Kansas' record at 7-2 so he must have completed it after today's loss. Also has ASU at 9-0.

The records could very well be pulled from CBS Sports Standings. Has to be. Kansas wouldn't have moved up 13 spots, losing its 2nd game in a row.

Good article though, and was pretty good to see him admit his errors. As much as the Duke and Kansas losses were great, no reason to drop them 20 or so spots. That's crazy.

I don't understand folks complaining about who UK has played so far. UK is 8-1 and looking better. Would they rather be 6-3 or 5-4 and be able to say UK has played X amount of ranked team?
Those same folks would be whining about UK having so many losses already.

I don't understand folks complaining about who UK has played so far. UK is 8-1 and looking better. Would they rather be 6-3 or 5-4 and be able to say UK has played X amount of ranked team?

They will legitimately find ANYTHING to complain about.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
im glad people are recognizing and calling out negative posters now. i thought i was like this board has turned into complete crap. now i see at least the negative ones being called out.

The way kentucky teams are built, we just can't play super tough opponents for our first ten games. Kansas, MSU, Florida? Sure, they have a ton of experience and should be fine playing tough games early on.

Why should Kentucky have illegitimate losses early in the season, just to be held against us? Remember, the record still matters. Those first ten games for Kentucky are very important for handful of reasons.

Yeah. So you're saying that we would lose to any ranked teams?

There's a huge difference in playing the teams we have and ranked teams. It's fine to say UK is 8-1 but it's not an accomplishment to this point.

There's a huge difference in playing the teams we have and ranked teams. It's fine to say UK is 8-1 but it's not an accomplishment to this point.

Was Dook getting beat by BC an accomplishment by Dook?

i love when they say our only loss is to ku.

we haven't played anyone respectable since then.
Actually our schedule has been set up really well . We have played 2-3 teams this season who might win their conferences and make the tourney. harvard is far better then their record suggests. When you are young you don';t want to play a murders row. But none the less your comment will be a moot point in 3 weeks as UL , UCLA and VT all are top 30 teams. We win those 3 and no one can argue that we aren't a top 5 team.

For a roster loaded with kids that were playing high school basketball this time last year to hit the D-1 level and put together 8 wins and a loss is very much an accomplishment. More, consider these are the first 9 games they’ve ever played together.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Am I mad that we have not played anyone? No... but I'm not going to hype up the team like we're deserving of the ranking we have.
Actually our ranking is correct . You are what you are. Now you can be a idiot as an AD and coach and schedule a bunch of hard teams in November when you have 8 freshmen and 2 sophs ( and if we lost 2-3 you would be the first to complain )or we can take time to grow as a team and get ready for 3 really good teams coming up. Our schedule couldn't be more perfect really. But I also want to add Monmouth was a top 30 team the last 2 years so when we scheduled them I think we thought we would be getting that really good team not the team they have been this season. Same with Harvard ( though Harvard will win their conference and make the dance i would bet money) . Not our fault Harvard and Monmouth haven't lived up to previous years.

Considering we haven’t lost to any bad teams and KU and Duke have lost to some not so good teams? We certainly have something to be glad about.

If we go 2-1 or 3-0 over the next stretch we really have something to be ecstatic about.

And I realistically think this team playing to it’s current potential ( note CURRENT) can beat VT, UCLA, and UofL

Have you ever played D1 basketball? If not, you don't understand the high level of competition regardless of rankings. Armchair experts like you are a dime a dozen.

No, I'm saying if UK had played more ranked teams and lost, folks would be upset because they had 2-3 more losses.

This sums up the majority.. the big blue tinted glasses is the only way to see.

Has absolutely nothing to do with “blue tinted glasses” that’s idiotic.

It has to do with you being completely incorrect. This team ... Cal... staff ... UK etc is def not above critiques or criticisms. That’s Normal and perfectly understandable. However , your “opinion” on this and other things is ludicrous and misguided.

Just because someone proves you wrong (which happens often with your posts) doesn’t mean they have “blue tinted glasses on”

Some people want to fulfill their negative agendas so bad that they want to see this Kentucky team fail.

It’s a miserable bunch isn’t it ? It can’t be fun for them ... constantly being negative ... throwing menstural type hissy fits if UK doesn’t automatically win a title ever year or look like world beaters every game.

Yet when you ask them what/ who they would prefer instead (sans coach K) they duck and dodge and say something stupid. I suppose being a legit contender most years for a FF run... having insane tournament success ... etc isn’t good enough ? Makes you wonder why they are even a fan at all. Seems miserable

Has absolutely nothing to do with “blue tinted glasses” that’s idiotic.

It has to do with you being completely incorrect. This team ... Cal... staff ... UK etc is def not above critiques or criticisms. That’s Normal and perfectly understandable. However , your “opinion” on this and other things is ludicrous and misguided.

Just because someone proves you wrong (which happens often with your posts) doesn’t mean they have “blue tinted glasses on”

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Have you ever played D1 basketball? If not, you don't understand the high level of competition regardless of rankings. Armchair experts like you are a dime a dozen.

Like yourself. No, not D1 basketball won’t make that claim.

What’s your claim to fame? Curious. Perhaps you one up me there but I’ll say that my understanding is greater than 90% of this board.

Why would this make me sleep better at night ?

Can you refute anything said? Probably not ...

You’re right , Frankunderwood. Your opinion is most certainly the correct one. 8-1. Great accomplishment.

I’ll go ahead and get my final four ticket ready, what do you think? Will we be that accomplished?

You’re right , Frankunderwood. Your opinion is most certainly the correct one. 8-1. Great accomplishment.

I’ll go ahead and get my final four ticket ready, what do you think? Will we be that accomplished?

Still ducking and dodging I see. Until you make a valid claim/ refute you’re not worth anybody’s time .

Also, we all know ya can’t afford FF tickets

ADVERTISEMENT