ADVERTISEMENT

Funkos

I have a whole collection of California Raisins if anyone wants to buy them.

-you know who is not collecting Funkos? Trumpetcat....let that sink in weirdos.

Just to set the record straight, I don't collect Funkos. I do collect Grovers though.

The blue dude on Sesame Street.
220px-Grover.JPG

Just take the leap and upgrade to full on action figures. You get a lot more bang for your buck.

Just don't leave them out on your desk at the office, I got tired of seeing Hulk bending Spiderman over and going the jackhammer route every other morning.

Just take the leap and upgrade to full on action figures. You get a lot more bang for your buck.

Just don't leave them out on your desk at the office, I got tired of seeing Hulk bending Spiderman over and going the jackhammer route every other morning.
Sure, go find me some Mr. Robot or Parks and Recreation action figures then. Good luck with achieving that impossible task.

I don't think any human form looks like this.
12452_Naruto_Tobi_POP_GLAM_HiRes_1024x1024__16352.1486080283.jpg
Pretty easy to cherry pick funkos from an anime tv series. For every "not human form" funko I can find you 5 that are. They cost 8-15 dollars a piece and easy to collect. For instance I like Star Wars and in my man cave I've got them under my mounted tv. They're more decoration, I don't play with them. Perhaps you collect something I think is "weird" "stupid" but I wouldn't jump on a message board to try to insult you. People like different things.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Pretty easy to cherry pick funkos from an anime tv series. For every "not human form" funko I can find you 5 that are. They cost 8-15 dollars a piece and easy to collect. For instance I like Star Wars and in my man cave I've got them under my mounted tv. They're more decoration, I don't play with them. Perhaps you collect something I think is "weird" "stupid" but I wouldn't jump on a message board to try to insult you. People like different things.
If you're a Star Wars fan, why wouldn't you collect and display the plethora of great Star Wars statues that exist instead of these beanie-baby tier plastic hunks of shit?

If you're a Star Wars fan, why wouldn't you collect and display the plethora of great Star Wars statues that exist instead of these beanie-baby tier plastic hunks of shit?
Cheap, I like the design, and as mentioned in the OP once my daughter turns 4-5 I'll give them to her to actually play with. I also don't want to spend a lot on Star Wars collectible figures. I get that you don't like em, I didn't like them for a long time and then my GF and I found one we liked so we started collecting them as a shared interest.

I'm not going to judge someone for collecting toys but I will judge them for buying them for other people to give to them as gifts 8 months from now. That's really weird.
In his defense some are harder to find than others, but 8 months in advance seems premature on Christmas gifts.

In his defense some are harder to find than others, but 8 months in advance seems premature on Christmas gifts.
Holiday/Birthday present buying is a year-round deal for my family. The presents I got for my mom for Christmas 2017 were bought two days after Christmas 2016.

Holiday/Birthday present buying is a year-round deal for my family. The presents I got for my mom for Christmas 2017 were bought two days after Christmas 2016.
Hey my mom bought me 2 funkos for Christmas my GF helped her pick them out. I'm not judging

Collecting Funkos is fine. My niece has a bunch of Harry Potter ones.

She's 9. That's the difference.

Adults collect stuff like antique guns, vinyl records, and sports memorabilia.

Collecting Funkos is fine. My niece has a bunch of Harry Potter ones.

She's 9. That's the difference.

Adults collect stuff like antique guns, vinyl records, and sports memorabilia.
If you're buying a gun to just look at it, you're doing it wrong

They're not dolls! They're "action figures"! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And no Evil Morty?!?! What's wrong with THAT picture?? Or dare I say it, Pickle Rick! The smartest mammal in the universe. Well, not mammal... tuber... because he's a pickle, not a mammal....

I'll just sit over here in the corner.

They're not dolls! They're "action figures"! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And no Evil Morty?!?! What's wrong with THAT picture?? Or dare I say it, Pickle Rick! The smartest mammal in the universe. Well, not mammal... tuber... because he's a pickle, not a mammal....

I'll just sit over here in the corner.
What in tarnation

Does anyone collect funkos on this board? I collect Rick and Morty, Harry Potter, Looney Tunes, Star Wars, and GOT with others mixed in was wondering if anyone else likes funkos. They're super fun to collect and I'll pass them down to my child as toys once she hits the 4-5 mark.

I thought Rick and Morty was only enjoyed by neckbeards these days, eh?

;)

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
I have a whole collection of California Raisins if anyone wants to buy them.

-you know who is not collecting Funkos? Trumpetcat....let that sink in weirdos.

I actually have one from about 30 years ago. I think I got it from a box of cereal. The only reason I saved it was because he is playing a saxophone and I played sax back then. He is a little worse for wear.
Ntwwo5c.jpg

I actually named it Zoot back then after the saxophonist from the Muppets. I just never could throw it out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT