ADVERTISEMENT

Fulkerson returning to UT

To be honest....the UT Fr were solid to really good IMO and Pons was a good role player in his own right....but UT sort of fizzled out last year with him. Fulkerson is a hustle guy and he's like Grant Williams part II at faking fouls all over the place. But him playing 30 minutes a game hurt them last year and I don't see it as giving them an advantage in the paint vs. good bigs. I think Oscar and Collins will be fine vs. him (lone exception is he'll likely flop around and get them n foul trouble is the main issue with him and Doug Shows reffing).

To be honest....the UT Fr were solid to really good IMO and Pons was a good role player in his own right....but UT sort of fizzled out last year with him. Fulkerson is a hustle guy and he's like Grant Williams part II at faking fouls all over the place. But him playing 30 minutes a game hurt them last year and I don't see it as giving them an advantage in the paint vs. good bigs. I think Oscar and Collins will be fine vs. him (lone exception is he'll likely flop around and get them n foul trouble is the main issue with him and Doug Shows reffing).

Couldnt agree more. Kinda happy his old ass came back haha

Tennessee was not very good last season and they still lost a lot of NBA talent and 3 starters total. They are bringing in a lot, but most coaches and teams are not very successful with mostly freshman. Huntley-Hatfield was a huge disappointment and is reclassifying so I don't think he will be much of a factor next season.

He comes back for his 6th year and we can’t keep guys past 2 years. Something is broken.

He averages 25-30 minutes a game and scores under 10 ppg. He is just 6'9 and 215 pounds and does not have a high skill set, especially as a guy who can stretch out to the wing. So, his game and ability do not translate to the NBA.

He is basically a guy that should be little more than a backup, but UT has struggled to recruit big men that could replace him. He never had NBA aspirations that were realistic, because he really was never even intended to be a starter for UT. So, since he is getting PT and since he has no future in the sport (or very little) it makes perfect sense for him to return to UT.

Meanwhile, most of the guys UK loses have NBA potential, or they didn't have NBA potential and they weren't playing much or weren't going to play much because guys with NBA potential were going to take their PT.

Reactions: TM2013
Tennessee is absolutely loaded in the frontcourt. Gonna be hard to guard there for us. Im not too overly impressed with their guards however. Powell and chandler are nice but not super elite.

Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
Fulkerson had a disappointing season, and he would tell you that. He was in a role as a frontcourt dominator that might not be perfect for his skillset. But now he gets to mentor and play alongside Aidoo and Huntley-Hatfield, Kennedy Chandler, etc. Can't possibly be a negative.

I'm surprised. Watching him last year he seemed like he lacked his normal emotion. I assumed he was burnt out and ready to move on. Guess not.

I'm surprised. Watching him last year he seemed like he lacked his normal emotion. I assumed he was burnt out and ready to move on. Guess not.

I kind of think he would have rode into the sunset had he not gotten purposefully injured prior to the NCAA tournament. Had he played in the tournament, I think he probably hangs it up. Since, he missed it, he is back.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
fuggler.png

Are you still crying?
Yeah I’ve been crying about fans like you who are destroying our program by not advocating for accountability for our coach who has done zilch since the worst season in history ended. You’re an enabler and that’s why we live have barbee and Justus until dynasty defenders part dos is established.

Actually the offense switched away from him and went to the two frosh. That’s why their offense was largely ineffective

Reactions: G-PIP
Yeah I’ve been crying about fans like you who are destroying our program by not advocating for accountability for our coach who has done zilch since the worst season in history ended. You’re an enabler and that’s why we live have barbee and Justus until dynasty defenders part dos is established.
He's a troll. Literally all he does is try to piss off all the posters. I wish the mods would ban his ass but I'm pretty sure he already has two or three other accounts.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Evidently you have zero common sense. You don't even realize there is a pandemic going on and that last year was an exception. Go back to your mommy's basement and cry some more because Cal is going nowhere.

He's a troll. Literally all he does is try to piss off all the posters. I wish the mods would ban his ass but I'm pretty sure he already has two or three other accounts.
I have many accounts just to keep posters like you in check.

I guess Fulkerson would rather use all of his college eligibility rather than go overseas, I really don't see much chance of him making it to the NBA, good college player he can help Tennessee but I don't think he has a future in the NBA.

Reactions: Zissou87
I wish we had a role player with a team-first attitude like Fulkerson.

Tennessee is absolutely loaded in the frontcourt. Gonna be hard to guard there for us. Im not too overly impressed with their guards however. Powell and chandler are nice but not super elite.
I think Tenn is going to miss Pons, but otherwise I think they could be a better team overall next season.

Reactions: Brentutk1
I think Tenn is going to miss Pons, but otherwise I think they could be a better team overall next season.
Definitely, on both points. Tennessee loses some raw, NBA athleticism in Springer, Kevin, and Pons. But adds an elite distributor in Chandler and some great PF/C talent in BHH and Aidoo.

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT