ADVERTISEMENT

From Mr. GG - This Just In - Sky Not Falling! (college basketball bribery trial)

That quote about Nike is telling

Because the assumption has been all along that Nike knows how to get money to people within the rules, where as Adidas was just handing it over.

Hire a parent as a consultant for 6 figures. NCAA can't do a thing about it.

Reactions: TM2013
The 2 players mentioned in those tweets from reporters were Bagley and Williamson. If any program is worried about what has been said. it should be Duke.

Reactions: Mr_GG and TM2013
That first quote is just a general kind of statement, based on an assumption, and I think it includes UK to give it validity. But when you dig deeper and see all the assistant coaches involved and the players being shopped around, you never see a UK coach mentioned and the recruits being shopped never end up at UK. That's where the rubber meets the road. The good news here is that there has been no actionable information about UK to come out of any of this. There will be no NCAA investigations started in Lexington based on what we've seen and heard so far. And I don't anticipate anything coming out. As another poster above said, if UK were involved it would be front page news and the media would be all over it. If there were even a HINT of impropriety surrounding UK, we would have heard about it by now and the NCAA would be sitting in Cal's office a year ago.

Reactions: Lumpy 2 and Mr_GG
The 2 players mentioned in those tweets from reporters were Bagley and Williamson. If any program is worried about what has been said. it should be Duke.
Trust me Dook, nor the Rat Faced Bastard is worried , his bag man left to go to Pittsburg so he can just refuse to talk about it !

YUP! I said it since Avery Johnson was first hired at Bama. You just knew he had connections at shoe companies and by default in the AAU circuit. Hell, that's probably the primary reason Bama hired him.
Anytime you see a sudden uptick in the quality of players being landed by also-ran programs, you can almost bet it was because of someone having "connections".

ADVERTISEMENT