ADVERTISEMENT

From a USC/Carolina fan....

I was cheering for you guys all the way! I've been saying this the last several days. The SEC wasn't very flashy offensively this season but the league has 4 top 10 defenses according to KenPom. There's no arguing that. 3 of those 4 are still alive.

Loved how the talking heads on CBS kept calling this a "home game". The fat guy on the right said Martin "Protected his house". [roll]

I guess having the support of the Carolina fans with the USC fans made it seem like a home game. Still doesn't count as a home game. Coach K will probably whine about being in another state where that state has a team playing there. Well and having to play with UNC fans cheering against Duke as well. He hated playing in Lexington with Kentucky fans there actually cheering for IU over Duke. Look for some changes to be made in their favor next year.

I guess having the support of the Carolina fans with the USC fans made it seem like a home game. Still doesn't count as a home game. Coach K will probably whine about being in another state where that state has a team playing there. Well and having to play with UNC fans cheering against Duke as well. He hated playing in Lexington with Kentucky fans there actually cheering for IU over Duke. Look for some changes to be made in their favor next year.
He'll have to convince the NCAA that peeing thing ain't as important as Dook playing NCAAT games in NC

Congrats and thanks for beating the flopping fairies from Durham. You guys were great Americans today. Everything that is right in the world thanks you

USCe will hold a special place in my heart now just like Nova from last year after they beat the Cheats.

Reactions: kyrx
Great win by the Gamecocks. This game would have been played in Charlotte or Greensboro were it not for political correctness, and not a soul would have complained about USC having a road game against Duke. I said on this board USC had a chance based on the way they shot the ball against Marquette...great win!

Reactions: catman111
To USC. May you beat Duke every time you play them.
giphy.gif

Reactions: brianpoe
I have gotten to be friends with some gator fans we see every year at SEC Tournament and we were talking and I said let Duke get them a dose of Thornwell I hoped he would have a great game. He did but the rest of the Gamecocks played great I was into the game as much as if we were playing, great great win and Frank never went ballistic the whole game he was surprisingly calm.

I have gotten to be friends with some gator fans we see every year at SEC Tournament and we were talking and I said let Duke get them a dose of Thornwell I hoped he would have a great game. He did but the rest of the Gamecocks played great I was into the game as much as if we were playing, great great win and Frank never went ballistic the whole game he was surprisingly calm.

He was mostly calm, but he lost it a little there at the end when his guy ran the baseline and got a turnover. I got a little worried right there.

Reactions: jrm693
From another old guy, those old guys were Bartles and James. Great job the last minute. The way the whistles were blowing, it took superhuman strength for Martin not to get a technical. You could see him wanting to strangle a ref and rightly so.

Great win for SC!
Great win for the SEC!

Congrats Coach Frank and the Gamecocks!!!

I remember when Frank was hired, Steve Spurrier said, "I think we've got us a good man."
Steve Spurrier was correct in his assessment!

Reactions: MO_Blue
I still have nightmares of B.J. Mackie...GO AWAY!!!

Seriously, great game. Thanks for capping off a great day for UK fans!

Believe it or not - BJ McKie's son is a senior on this team and had those 2 wide open dunks towards the end of the game when Duke was pressing.

Great win, it was very loud in our house last night cheering for SC to beat Duke. I'm in Lexington and our next door neighbor is an SC guy so I'll bet he is very happy this morning too.

ADVERTISEMENT