ADVERTISEMENT

Fox was the quickest point guard I seen play for Kentucky

Both Wall and Fox were blurs but seeing Fox in person more than 10 times....seeing how he humiliated top competition with his speed was scary. Dennis Smith Jr moonlighting with Team Penny taking on Houston Hoops was a game I'll never forget. Smith Jr came to Nike EYBL to play and Fox destroyed him. It was another level and Smith Jr entered as getting the talk of being #1 overall PG/player potential and he just got punked all over the court. Never showed up to the Peach Jam and went back to Team Loaded. Smith JR is a fantastic athlete and quick but Fox was Tyreek Hill like against him.

Wall was faster end-to-end than anyone I've seen. He'd pass by people who had a long head start on him. Fox had subtler shake'n'bake moves. Fox looked like a sprinter. Wall was built like a cornerback.

--Edit--

I meant to say "Fox looked like a marathoner." Blame it on my not youth.

Last edited:
Good lord how do so many adults not have a grasp of the English language lol

I done seen him boy.....prolkly Smooth trolling to make UK's board look even worse with shitty hick grammar

HH and Deli, totally agree.
Everyone else don't be disrespecting our boy Dickie!

Wall was faster end-to-end than anyone I've seen. He'd pass by people who had a long head start on him. Fox had subtler shake'n'bake moves. Fox looked like a sprinter. Wall was built like a cornerback.

--Edit--

I meant to say "Fox looked like a marathoner." Blame it on my not youth.
I agree, with the ball nobody was faster than Wall. Look at the UNC game dunk where he beat every single UNC defender down the court as well as all the UK guys too. Just dunked like it was nothing.

yes, but did you seen him in person?
Yes ... I saw Dwight Anderson in person, in one of the most memorable UK games at Freedom Hall. 'Cats vs. No. 2 Notre Dame - Dec 30, 1978. N.D. had Tripuka, Laimbeer, Woolridge, and Hanzlik. 'Cats win 81-76. "The Blur" took over the game with about 10 minutes to play. Joe B. put Dwight at the top of the key and had him go one-on-one, about 8 straight trips down the floor. Of course, about the third time it was one-on-two, and it finally got to be one-on-five. They absolutely couldn't stop him. The Blur score 17 points in about 10 minutes. Fastest player I ever saw in person in any sport. But ... Fox and Wall were super-quick at U.K., too. No doubt about that.

Yes ... I saw Dwight Anderson in person, in one of the most memorable UK games at Freedom Hall. 'Cats vs. No. 2 Notre Dame - Dec 30, 1978. N.D. had Tripuka, Laimbeer, Woolridge, and Hanzlik. 'Cats win 81-76. "The Blur" took over the game with about 10 minutes to play. Joe B. put Dwight at the top of the key and had him go one-on-one, about 8 straight trips down the floor. Of course, about the third time it was one-on-two, and it finally got to be one-on-five. They absolutely couldn't stop him. The Blur score 17 points in about 10 minutes. Fastest player I ever saw in person in any sport. But ... Fox and Wall were super-quick at U.K., too. No doubt about that.
This entire game is posted on YouTube. I’d recommend that anyone interested in UK history give it a watch (especially the second half when the Blur took over).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT