ADVERTISEMENT

Fox and Bam in the lockerroom

Okay, but the school shouldn't have even been eligible. The whole institution, including Roy, is corrupt.
Absolutely agree...and I am a great believer that the NCAA will cower to public opinion and do the right thing. Yea, I believe in Fairy Tales (like Noah's Flood). In other words, my God who brought the Flood is still is on the Throne.

Absolutely agree...and I am a great believer that the NCAA will cower to public opinion and do the right thing. Yea, I believe in Fairy Tales (like Noah's Flood). In other words, my God who brought the Flood is still is on the Throne.

This game brought back memories of 1992 for me. I felt crushed after that game but we had some FANTASTIC years yet to come. Hopefully, we will overcome this disappointment and have some more fantastic years.

And yeah, He is still on His throne and NOTHING will ever change that!

Their eyes will clear up in the next day or so when they ALL declare for the draft..

I totally understand that a lot of people are going to be pissed at your comment. I have to say you worded your post in a negative light. But if fans could ease up with their anger I totally agree with your point. Sometime VERY SOON these guys will be over it and positioning themselves for the draft. They'll hear their name called and flash a huge smile to match their huge paycheck. I understand that. A lot of BBN will start jockeying for position to get a ticket to next year's Big Blue Madness. You can't blame the kids in any way for going for the $$ but the fans become an afterthought and scratch and claw to save enough money to follow the team next year. Year after year these OAD's fall short and pack their bags. The 2012 team had players with talent we probably will never see again. I like Fox, Monk, Bam, and most all of the OAD's we've had during the Cal era but a team full of freshmen stars can't win a NC. It's because of that youth 'thing' Cal talks about every year. I would love to win another championship before I die but a team full of freshmen stars won't get us there. Hate me for saying it but the OAD players won't get us to #9.

I totally understand that a lot of people are going to be pissed at your comment. I have to say you worded your post in a negative light. But if fans could ease up with their anger I totally agree with your point. Sometime VERY SOON these guys will be over it and positioning themselves for the draft. They'll hear their name called and flash a huge smile to match their huge paycheck. I understand that. A lot of BBN will start jockeying for position to get a ticket to next year's Big Blue Madness. You can't blame the kids in any way for going for the $$ but the fans become an afterthought and scratch and claw to save enough money to follow the team next year. Year after year these OAD's fall short and pack their bags. The 2012 team had players with talent we probably will never see again. I like Fox, Monk, Bam, and most all of the OAD's we've had during the Cal era but a team full of freshmen stars can't win a NC. It's because of that youth 'thing' Cal talks about every year. I would love to win another championship before I die but a team full of freshmen stars won't get us there. Hate me for saying it but the OAD players won't get us to #9.

We may never see a team like 1978...

We may never see a team like 1996...

We may never see a team like 1998...

We may never see a team like 2012...

So, who do you suggest that can get UK Basketball to "#9"?
-How long will it take him
-What type of players will he recruit
-What will be his appeal that attracts these players
-What's YOUR magic formula for finding this coach

Finally, who MAKES you "save enough money to follow the team"?

UK Basketball isn't an entitlement. Cal works his tail off for our program!! His results are comparable to ANY coach over the last 8 seasons.

We may never see a team like 1978...

We may never see a team like 1996...

We may never see a team like 1998...

We may never see a team like 2012...

Brian I know you post well and I can't deny that you are a level headed Cat fan. But I can't go with you on this one. Things were much different with the '78, '96, and '98 teams. It's fair to compare the 2012 team but Anthony Davis is one of, if not the best players to play for UK. CAL continues to get the best talent out there but none were / are as much of a game changer as AD. So I guess what I'm saying is that I like Cal, I like our team, but I don't think Cal will bring us #9. As I've said in a few other threads: I like Cal but I don't like the OAD era which means I won't be sad when Cal hangs it up at UK. Veteran laden teams win National Championships. Just my opinion but I'm sticking with it.

Brian I know you post well and I can't deny that you are a level headed Cat fan. But I can't go with you on this one. Things were much different with the '78, '96, and '98 teams. It's fair to compare the 2012 team but Anthony Davis is one of, if not the best players to play for UK. CAL continues to get the best talent out there but none were / are as much of a game changer as AD. So I guess what I'm saying is that I like Cal, I like our team, but I don't think Cal will bring us #9. As I've said in a few other threads: I like Cal but I don't like the OAD era which means I won't be sad when Cal hangs it up at UK. Veteran laden teams win National Championships. Just my opinion but I'm sticking with it.

I'm just noting the "never see again" comment.

We will have more great teams Champ, but if you are ok with Cal hanging it up who would have done better the last few years and who would you replace him with today?

You cant make a drive-by comment like that and not answer these questions.

Reactions: ukfan041 and catben
So, who do you suggest that can get UK Basketball to "#9"?
-How long will it take him
-What type of players will he recruit
-What will be his appeal that attracts these players
-What's YOUR magic formula for finding this coach

Finally, who MAKES you "save enough money to follow the team"?

UK Basketball isn't an entitlement. Cal works his tail off for our program!! His results are comparable to ANY coach over the last 8 seasons.

First of all you're sort of being a jerk here. My post was my opinion. I'm entitled to that and you are entitled to yours. But to answer your questions- I don't have a clue who will get us #9 but I know a OAD laden team WON'T do it and that's what Cal (I like Cal) brings us every year. Your 'MAKES me save money to follow the team' comment was silly. A lot of UK fans stretch their dollars to follow the team. I'm a UK fan so I try to go to as many games as I can. Nothing to be ashamed of there so I don't see your intent with that question. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk but I don't have an answer to your other questions, I just want to see #9 in my lifetime and a team of 18-19 year old stars doesn't have the experience to get it done. Really good teams with really good kids are fun but they will fall short. Cal even says it when things go bad. His standard reply is "we're young". Don't take my post as a 'Fire Cal' rant because it isn't, I like him. What I do dislike are OAD teams. I just think we're between a Rock and a hard spot if you know what I mean. PEACE.

Reactions: Wally2000
First of all you're sort of being a jerk here. My post was my opinion. I'm entitled to that and you are entitled to yours. But to answer your questions- I don't have a clue who will get us #9 but I know a OAD laden team WON'T do it and that's what Cal (I like Cal) brings us every year. Your 'MAKES me save money to follow the team' comment was silly. A lot of UK fans stretch their dollars to follow the team. I'm a UK fan so I try to go to as many games as I can. Nothing to be ashamed of there so I don't see your intent with that question. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk but I don't have an answer to your other questions, I just want to see #9 in my lifetime and a team of 18-19 year old stars doesn't have the experience to get it done. Really good teams with really good kids are fun but they will fall short. Cal even says it when things go bad. His standard reply is "we're young". Don't take my post as a 'Fire Cal' rant because it isn't, I like him. What I do dislike are OAD teams. I just think we're between a Rock and a hard spot if you know what I mean. PEACE.

I can understand your frustration with some of the posts, but when you say you are unhappy with our results and wont be sad if Cal were to hang it up, it is not too much to expect that you would have an idea of who would have done a better job and who you would like to see hired....?

I'm just noting the "never see again" comment.

We will have more great teams Champ, but if you are ok with Cal hanging it up who would have done better the last few years and who would you replace him with today?

You cant make a drive-by comment like that and not answer these questions.

I don't want to cop out on you but I have to dance around your question of who I would replace him with today. I honestly don't know but that wasn't really where I was going when I posted. I'm on the fence because I'm convinced OAD's can't finish the job and that's how Cal rolls. Long day, bad day, I'm going to bed but I'm sure we can talk about this at length in the future.

Reactions: brianpoe
I don't want to cop out on you but I have to dance around your question of who I would replace him with today. I honestly don't know but that wasn't really where I was going when I posted. I'm on the fence because I'm convinced OAD's can't finish the job and that's how Cal rolls. Long day, bad day, I'm going to bed but I'm sure we can talk about this at length in the future.

Past my bedtime too brother.

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but if you are going to complain about Cal when he has 4 Final 4's, 2 Elite 8's, one Runner-up and one Championship in 8 seasons, I would think you had a replacement in mind. As far as my response to your "money" comment, no one is forcing you to spend your money on a product that is lacking in your "opinion".

In today's NCAA Basketball REALITY, Cal's way has proven MORE than effective. Have you even checked next years UK recruits rankings? Only Hami Diallo is rated as a consensus top 10 recruit. So hopefully, we can retain some of that class.

Winning a Title is extremely difficult.

The Cal can't win another one crowd is maddening.

They will become the Cal can't win a third one crowd if/when Cal wins his second.

There's no way to reason with irrationality. The odds are long every year. The deck is stacked against every team. It's a hard tournament to win.

But the folks saying that Cal literally can't win, have no idea how idiotic they sound. They just don't get it, and they never will.

Cal can't win it, but we were one shot away from going to a Final Four with Oregon, South Carolina, and Gonzaga.

But Cal can't win it.

Some of these people are trolls, but many of them are real fans who simply lack a basic understanding of how things work.

They don't understand that if Cal coaches 10 more years and never wins another one, that doesn't mean that he couldn't. It would just mean that he didn't.

It took Dean Smith 11 years to win his second after a near eternity to win his first.

Took Pitino 17 years to get his second.

Keep knocking on the door. Keep getting into these games with great players who care, and the probability is that Cal gets another one. Or two. Or three.

But if you're a Kentucky fan, please find it in your heart to realize that he can. He could have this year. Or in 2015. Or the year before.

Stop being so fatalistic, and enjoy the ride. This is a special time.

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but if you are going to complain about Cal when he has 4 Final 4's, 2 Elite 8's, one Runner-up and one Championship in 8 seasons, I would think you had a replacement in mind. As far as my response to your "money" comment, no one is forcing you to spend your money on a product that is lacking in your "opinion".

In today's NCAA Basketball REALITY, Cal's way has proven MORE than effective. Have you even checked next years UK recruits rankings? Only Hami Diallo is rated as a consensus top 10 recruit. So hopefully, we can retain some of that class.

Winning a Title is extremely difficult.

Courteous response, thank you. I'm ready to move on and wait till next year. Just so I don't come across the wrong way let me clarify my thoughts. I don't dislike Cal at all. I just feel like his OAD philosophy will give us good teams on a regular basis and we'll see several years of Sweet 16's, Elites 8's, and possibly a Final Four if we catch a break. As I've said I don't think we win another NC under Cal because youth is a huge issue (even Cal says this on a regular basis). No big deal on spending money to follow the team but we have by far the best fan base in college basketball and some spend till it hurts to be loyal to UK every year. That's a good thing but I wish like hell we could get #9 for the BBN. I respect your opinion and I'm ready for a break from basketball for awhile. To summarize: I'm not angry at anyone but I don't see another NC using the OAD concept. I'll keep hoping so please don't think I dislike Cal / UK. I simply think the OAD scenario is not good. I'm outta here.

They left it all on the floor, they should feel good about that. On another note when asked about coming back next season Diallo said "as of right now I'll be back". I think he at least test

Fox and Bam are my two personal favorites of the OAD's. I'm not surprised they were hurt and willing to show it.

It's gotten us damn close a lot of times. If not for WCS injury in 14 we beat uconn no problem. That's with starting 5 freshmen. So one more senior would get us over the hump right?

It's gotten us damn close a lot of times. If not for WCS injury in 14 we beat uconn no problem. That's with starting 5 freshmen. So one more senior would get us over the hump right?

I can't promise you that for sure. What I can say with confidence is that freshmen need experienced players around them to clear the final hurdle. The season's over so the OAD debate might as well take a break as well. There's two opinions and that's exactly what they are- opinions. I like Cal, I love UK sports, and I can't change anything so I'll just hope for the best. We made another run at the title and just came up a little short again. Personally I'd take 2-3 mediocre years and then make a run at the NC with experienced players but apparently I'm in the minority and I accept it and respect the posters who feel otherwise. It's over so no need to worry about it. It's going to be done Cal's way and that's what you prefer. You should be all good with our future.

The Cal can't win another one crowd is maddening.

They will become the Cal can't win a third one crowd if/when Cal wins his second.

There's no way to reason with irrationality. The odds are long every year. The deck is stacked against every team. It's a hard tournament to win.

But the folks saying that Cal literally can't win, have no idea how idiotic they sound. They just don't get it, and they never will.

Cal can't win it, but we were one shot away from going to a Final Four with Oregon, South Carolina, and Gonzaga.

But Cal can't win it.

Some of these people are trolls, but many of them are real fans who simply lack a basic understanding of how things work.

They don't understand that if Cal coaches 10 more years and never wins another one, that doesn't mean that he couldn't. It would just mean that he didn't.

It took Dean Smith 11 years to win his second after a near eternity to win his first.

Took Pitino 17 years to get his second.

Keep knocking on the door. Keep getting into these games with great players who care, and the probability is that Cal gets another one. Or two. Or three.

But if you're a Kentucky fan, please find it in your heart to realize that he can. He could have this year. Or in 2015. Or the year before.

Stop being so fatalistic, and enjoy the ride. This is a special time.

Bravo sir.

Excellent post.

Reactions: Aike
I can't promise you that for sure. What I can say with confidence is that freshmen need experienced players around them to clear the final hurdle. The season's over so the OAD debate might as well take a break as well. There's two opinions and that's exactly what they are- opinions. I like Cal, I love UK sports, and I can't change anything so I'll just hope for the best. We made another run at the title and just came up a little short again. Personally I'd take 2-3 mediocre years and then make a run at the NC with experienced players but apparently I'm in the minority and I accept it and respect the posters who feel otherwise. It's over so no need to worry about it. It's going to be done Cal's way and that's what you prefer. You should be all good with our future.

The thing is if you miss in that 4th year then you are rebuilding again and hoping all goes well the next go around.

There is no magic formula to win championships. I'd say that 90% or better teams that have more than a lottery ticket's chance of winning go at it this way and they fall short too.

In fact, it seems not so long ago we were on the same program and flamed out on even making Final Fours much less winning Championships and we PEAKED out at Elite 8's with only one team that was legitimately a contender that was maybe a Bogans ankle away. The rest was dubious at best with a couple of Team Turmoils.

I'm a believer in the keep on knocking and eventually you get in school myself. The more times you seriously can compete for a title the better the odds of actually getting one.

I also accept titles don't grow on tree and you have to have the talent to even put your name in the ring and have to have good fortune to cash in.

Reactions: Aike and CHAMPCAT11
As a player you never get over it. Moving on to new things does not equal getting over it. Listen to players talk and they all have loses that haunt them.

For all of you that have said this team have no heart..........
The video of Fox and Bam in the locker room was heart wrenching. This team overachieved imo. They fought and clawed their way back from a seven point deficit late. No one expected them to get this deep in the tournament.
This team cared about their mission and was devastated by that dagger shot.
The emotions that ensued afterwards told the whole story, that these young men are just not thinking about the next level.
I respect their passion for the game.
Freshmen they may be but to me they were more than that.
I love this team. Go BBN!!!

The Carolina kids played with integrity and won fair and square.
UNC the school are cheaters who deserve the death penalty.
I agree, kids are just that.....kids. I say the adults , teachers , professors , coaches ,those in authority and the entire administration should be put to death.........not literally of course .

Reactions: uky8unc5
ADVERTISEMENT