ADVERTISEMENT

Fouls.....

KYFOSSIL

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
always have a detrimental affect on a teams rhythm and momentum. The exhibition games doesn’t account for that but we do have to consider that factor. Fouls have been the great equalizer for the past 4 years that have kept the Cats from really taking off at times. The same with injuries.
However this year with so many talented and assertive players I believe the Cats will be able to move through foul trouble and injuries.

It’s easy to forget Baker and EJ were not even available these past 3 games(EJ past two).

We can play through contact, some of our recent teams didn’t like to be touched. I don’t see physical play as a viable tactic to beat this team.

It crossed my mind during tonight’s game about these refs being from Cynthiana and how I haven’t really seen one of those phantom, kill the momentum calls that we’re all so used to now. Not really sure what to make of it.

The refs have let both teams play physical tonight. They haven't tried to insert themselves into the game like it seems like we see all season. Things will be a little different once the season starts.

SEC officiating is freaking awful. When I watch games from every other league they look more similar to the way our Bahamas games have been called. SEC games are free throw shooting contests. They take these kids right out of the game.
Also, I think it's worse for any game UK plays in because the crowds are all jacked up and the refs feed off it. This team is going to take some road conference losses simply because it was a foul fest andcwe didn't make enough free throws.
It's really tough to play physical D when the refs call every touch.

ADVERTISEMENT