ADVERTISEMENT

Former Boston College QB Phil Jurkovec Entering Portal

He's big, has a huge arm and is very mobile.
I have no clue why he went to Boston College to begin with, but he has been playing behind the eight ball ever since.
Former 5-star QB who originally was the future at Notre Dame.

I would think they would be interested only if they see one of Wade, Sheron, or Hogan ready to go after next season. With only one year left, they likely drive one of those three to the portal. Then after next season it will be rinse and repeat.

I would think they would be interested only if they see one of Wade, Sheron, or Hogan ready to go after next season. With only one year left, they likely drive one of those three to the portal. Then after next season it will be rinse and repeat.

If any of these 3 guys are blocking a legit NFL prospect and talent like Jurkovec, then I have no confidence in UK's staff to find another QB.

Deuce Hogan?

Yeah...not so sure.

At some point, you have to get over HS ratings. In 5 years out of HS his best year is 17 TD, 5 picks and 2500 yards in a garbage ACC conference. Never seen him play but talent just shines vs ACC teams does it not?

I am holding on for Miami Florida QB.

If any of these 3 guys are blocking a legit NFL prospect and talent like Jurkovec, then I have no confidence in UK's staff to find another QB.

Deuce Hogan?
I'm not familiar with the BC quarterback but if he's NFL talent, why transfer as a grad transfer. That really wasn't my point though, do you run off one or two of the guys you have been grooming for a guy that will only give you one year. Now, if they think one of those guys will be ready to take the reigns after the 23' season but not so much for the 22' season, I could see bringing in a one year guy. I don't see the benefit of a one year guy on next year's team but who knows.

I'm not familiar with the BC quarterback but if he's NFL talent, why transfer as a grad transfer. That really wasn't my point though, do you run off one or two of the guys you have been grooming for a guy that will only give you one year. Now, if they think one of those guys will be ready to take the reigns after the 23' season but not so much for the 22' season, I could see bringing in a one year guy. I don't see the benefit of a one year guy on next year's team but who knows.
Don't think UK goes for a one year guy. Jurkovec is a fine player but has been injury prone.

Has UK posted the OC job?

Lets hope.... Busy time right now with ESD and the portal.
I think recruiting opening up too. Didn't Stoops mention attending state playoffs starting today(Fri)?

Then finals start any day, bowl practice soon....a time not for the faint of heart!

Reactions: sieken
Why does Kentucky even have quarterbacks on the roster? How do those quarterbacks not understand that they're not going to be playing next year?

We're trying to grab somebody in the transfer market to play quarterback and you're sitting there on the bench hearing that, I'd be hitting the transfer market myself.....

Yeah...not so sure.

At some point, you have to get over HS ratings. In 5 years out of HS his best year is 17 TD, 5 picks and 2500 yards in a garbage ACC conference. Never seen him play but talent just shines vs ACC teams does it not?

Zay Flowers is basically the only WR he had to throw to.

Zay Flowers is basically the only WR he had to throw to.
I am sure BC isn't loaded with dudes...but again, he's throwing against defenses like UNC, UL, Duke, Wake Forest, etc....you should be able to load up on that crap week in and week out.

I am sure BC isn't loaded with dudes...but again, he's throwing against defenses like UNC, UL, Duke, Wake Forest, etc....you should be able to load up on that crap week in and week out.
I watched a lot of their games the last couple of years, because I had Flowers on my fantasy team. Their line makes our line from this year look like the Emmitt Smith Cowboy's line.

I think recruiting opening up too. Didn't Stoops mention attending state playoffs starting today(Fri)?

Then finals start any day, bowl practice soon....a time not for the faint of heart!
If I run into Stoops today at the state championship games , I’ll ask him how his call to Coen went and which transfer quarterback we want the most !

Yeah...not so sure.

Levis had over 2800 yards, 24TD's and 13 Int's last year. Looking at this years stats, he could have just about equaled those stats, despite all the offensive woes, if he played in the Bowl game and didn't miss the SC game.

Not since the days of Doug Flutie has BC been known to be a prolific passing offense. So his stats are not exactly pedestrian and in the right situation could blow up. a 17:5 TD to Int ratio is better than Levis 17:10 this year.

What a joke. Posting the OC job LOL. I know, I know….they have to do it. We’re in complete clown world at this point.
It's a stupid state law. I know it's just a formality, but also prevents us from actually naming somebody unti the time limit on the posting runs out. it's ridiculous.

Reactions: mrschwump and gojvc
It's a stupid state law. I know it's just a formality, but also prevents us from actually naming somebody unti the time limit on the posting runs out. it's ridiculous.
Nothing stops UK or UL or any kentucky school from announcing & having a press conference for a hire that WILL happen after the legally required posting time

Yeah...not so sure.

Think Van Dyke already announced he is returning to the U

McNamara off the board
VanDyke staying
Really think Card will go to a higher profile program.
Hank Bachmeier, does he have any interest or is he a west coast guy all the way?
Really hope Destin plays the bowl game.
If we don't hit a home run in the portal, then theres definately a competition.
Even if Wade losses out, he still.has to be ready to play.

Levis had over 2800 yards, 24TD's and 13 Int's last year. Looking at this years stats, he could have just about equaled those stats, despite all the offensive woes, if he played in the Bowl game and didn't miss the SC game.

Not since the days of Doug Flutie has BC been known to be a prolific passing offense. So his stats are not exactly pedestrian and in the right situation could blow up. a 17:5 TD to Int ratio is better than Levis 17:10 this year.
I remember watching him a time or two. I think he makes decisions quicker than Levis, might be a hair faster running, and a little more accurate. But that is with the caveat he's going against ACC defenses. Beyond Clemson on their run, middle to lower tier SEC team level defenses.

We wouldn't see much if any drop off from Levis numbers.

Reactions: CGblue
Of course the barstool dummies miss that McNamara already announced his tfer destination like 4 days ago

ADVERTISEMENT