ADVERTISEMENT

For those griping about our team . . .

Deeeefense

Aug 22, 2001
Chattanooga
Who would you rather be?

Missouri who is now 0-4 in the SEC?
Mississippi who is a dumpster fire with ncaa sanctions looming?
How about Arkansas - had the butts handed to them today by Muschamp - losing record and coach on hot seat. Or we even worse we could have Muschcamp as our coach. Talk about some serious bitchin then!
Mississippi State who has been out scored 17-80 in the last 2 games? - man could the "we too conservative" group could have fun with that one"
Then there's Tennessee - a dumpster fire with the moving van sitting in the Coach's driveway.
Don't forget the vaunted Vanderbilt defense that's given up 97 points in their last two disastrous games.
Then there's Florida with a dozen or so players that may be headed for the big house (and I ain't talking about the one in Ann Arbor).
Maybe LSU? they get crushed by Mississippi State, then enjoyed losing to Group of Five Troy at home in an empty stadium. Coach on hot seat

It would be nice to be Georgia or Alabama, but we're not Georgia or Alabama, however we are 5 -1, on a bye week to get healthy rested and regroup with a great chance to add several more wins, a chance for a winning SEC record for the fist time since 1977, a chance to win the East or at least a chance to wind up in a quality bowl game.

Count your blessings people ;)

Can we stop with the bashing of supposed "griping"

Yes there are a few idiots who take it too far but the majority of so called "gripers" are huge Kentucky football fans who are on a DISCUSSION board to discuss the positives and negatives of our football team.

We are here to be movie critics with other fans of our team. It's possible to want to improve some aspects and discuss that without wishing we were fans of another team.

For Christs sake, you're a moderator. Start acting like it and stop being someone who likes to create division.

We still play Miss. State and Tennessee... not sure I'd be calling them dumpster fires until we prove we can take advantage of that. Tennessee beat a team that soundly beat us the game before. They struggled and lost to Florida on the road in a similar fashion to how we lost at home. They didn't look good against weaker opponents but they won. If tradition tells us anything they'll be much better when we play or at least will play us much better.

Reactions: mktmaker and jauk11
5-1 for second time in forty years. Then all the heat stoops gets, shows just how good of a job he has done.

Since a very vocal part of fan base wants to replace him with nearly everyone who wins a game on a Saturday.

Yes there are a few idiots who take it too far but the majority of so called "gripers" are huge Kentucky football fans who are on a DISCUSSION board to discuss the positives and negatives of our football team.

We are here to be movie critics with other fans of our team. It's possible to want to improve some aspects and discuss that without wishing we were fans of another team.

For Christs sake, you're a moderator. Start acting like it and stop being someone who likes to create division.

I'm not "bashing" anyone, I'm simply pointing out a fact to those that are frequently expressing unhappiness with the team that we are in a much better position than most other SEC teams. No one is saying they cannot continue to express their unhappiness.

It's also interesting to note a certain irony to your post. On the one hand you are advocating open discussion, but on the other hand criticizing discussion that you find objectionable.

What you need to realize is there are probably many members that not only don't find the post objectionable but actually like the post. 10 in the last 15 minutes to be exact.:)

BTW being a mod does not preclude me from expressing an opinion.

Last edited:

Why couldn't you have stayed in the griping thread. So a moderator shouldn't allow being positive, but the negative threads are ok? We aren't talking about critiquing here. we are talking about people calling Stoops ignorant, saying he is the worst coach in Uk history, calling for him to be fired and hire Neal Brown, Come on, critique, all you want, stop with the name calling and firing people. The mod isn't creating division. Honest question, how many of our coaches in our history had us at 5-1?

Reactions: wyldecat
We still play Miss. State and Tennessee... not sure I'd be calling them dumpster fires until we prove we can take advantage of that. Tennessee beat a team that soundly beat us the game before. They struggled and lost to Florida on the road in a similar fashion to how we lost at home. They didn't look good against weaker opponents but they won. If tradition tells us anything they'll be much better when we play or at least will play us much better.
Not sure if I understand "Tennessee beat a team that soundly beat us the game before". Are you talking about a game from last year? We've only lost one game this year, and only by a point, and Tennessee didn't beat that team.

Not sure if I understand "Tennessee beat a team that soundly beat us the game before". Are you talking about a game from last year? We've only lost one game this year, and only by a point, and Tennessee didn't beat that team.
Why are you bringing facts into this. This does not fit the agenda, and if the right people get ahold of it, well you will be sorry. Lol, who has beat us soundly this year? Fla beat us by 1 and they beat Tenn. I don't know, I have heard we have gone 5-7 this year...

Why are you bringing facts into this. This does not fit the agenda, and if the right people get ahold of it, well you will be sorry. Lol, who has beat us soundly this year? Fla beat us by 1 and they beat Tenn. I don't know, I have heard we have gone 5-7 this year...
I honestly didn't know what he was talking about, but I guess that he was using the transitive argument and taking it to a new level, applying it to multiple teams over two different seasons. I've never heard of that before.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
On the other side of the discussion, if we were most any of those other teams we would have 9 or more wins multiple times in the past 5 years and possibly played for the SEC Title or finish in 2nd in our division.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now for this year things are better at this moment being who we are no matter how good we really are. Much better situation than most of those schools this season. Let's hope we finish strong and stay above those schools the rest of the year.

Reactions: crestcat
I'm not "bashing" anyone, I'm simply pointing out a fact to those that are frequently expressing unhappiness with the team that we are in a much better position than most other SEC teams. No one is saying they cannot continue to express their unhappiness.

It's also interesting to note a certain irony to your post. On the one hand you are advocating open discussion, but on the other hand criticizing discussion that you find objectionable.

What you need to realize is there are probably many members that not only don't find the post objectionable but actually like the post. 10 in the last 15 minutes to be exact.:)

Deeeefense, I agree with you 100% when you say it does not preclude you from expressing an opinion. However, I agree with the other OP's who express an opinion, even though it may not agree with mine, or yours. That's why some of us served in the military, so everyone has that RIGHT, even if we think their wrong.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

5-1 for second time in forty years. Then all the heat stoops gets, shows just how good of a job he has done.

Since a very vocal part of fan base wants to replace him with nearly everyone who wins a game on a Saturday.

So the first time since the fall of 1977? I didn't know. That was my junior year at UK. There was a story in the Kernel late that fall about UK being ranked #1 in basketball and #5 in football. The only time both have been ranked in the top 5 at the same time. Of course the basketball team went on to win the national title. I'd like to see both in the top 5 again. If this team wins out perhaps we could see it happen. It's unlikely, but I like the direction we're going.

Last edited:
Reactions: mktmaker
It's good to be 5-1. I'm not upset we didn't win by 20. An SEC win is a good win in my book, but we shouldn't stop at the "blessing" to be 5-1. We've played 5 mediocre at best teams. The South Carolina win was fantastic in my book, but in the other 4 wins it's certainly plausible for fans to have a gripe. Fans can be happy about 5-1 and worried about whether we can beat quality teams besides the MAC schools and cellar dweller SEC East teams. Just because we're Kentucky doesn't mean average or just above average is a blessing.

Reactions: ManitouDan

I love your inputs, one of the biggest reasons I hang around. And not only would some of our fans want to trade our team off some would want to hire one of the Head Coaches that are going to be fired judging from their comments.

I was gripping my chair while my wife was griping at me for not having a grip on myself. So I griped at her for not letting me have a grip on the game..

GBB

A lot of grippings going on there, or was that gripings?

I'm somewhat disappointed because I think we have the talent to be more entertaining. Our trenches are just not performing. Mainly o line. It's about expectations for the year. It's been ugly wins. Spare me the 5-1 as I can see it and no I wouldn't want a worse record. I simply want more entertainment from them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: BigOcatfan
If we hadn't choked against Florida AGAIN we'd be 6-0 and you wouldn't see ANY dissenting opinions. Many people think we're lucky to be 5-1 and still see some of the same Kentucky Football tendencies and patterns. Of course it's great to be 5-1 and of course it's better than being 1-5 or whatever. But giving us the false choice of either being 5-1 or 1-5 is disingenuous because it's an attempt to shame people into groupthink. Pretty harsh for a mod.

If we hadn't choked against Florida AGAIN we'd be 6-0 and you wouldn't see ANY dissenting opinions. Many people think we're lucky to be 5-1 and still see some of the same Kentucky Football tendencies and patterns. Of course it's great to be 5-1 and of course it's better than being 1-5 or whatever. But giving us the false choice of either being 5-1 or 1-5 is disingenuous because it's an attempt to shame people into groupthink. Pretty harsh for a mod.
Shame people? Lol

You mean bring perspective? Shame on the mod for doing such a thing!

Reactions: jauk11
Actually an argument could be made that UK could be 4-2 or 3-3 at this juncture. The ref helped out with time management at the end of last night’s game. Southern Miss had opportunities due to conservative play calling on offense by UK. But the flip side to that is UK could really be 6-0 heading to the bye week to get healthy. Balancing everything out, UK is probably where it deserves to be at 5-1. It caught some breaks in some games but also had a couple of brain farts in the Florida game. You could also argue inspite of the uncovered receivers in the Florida game UK should have won the game with a chip shot fg that was denied on a holding call that would never be called against teams like Bama.

Is there only room for one perspective on this board? I didn't realize that was in the rules.

Lol, I firmly remember the mod saying you can’t think any other way. Way to blow it out of proportion.

And for the record, your perspective absolutely sucks. Just to clarify, that is only my opinion. It isn’t a rule or a fact. Didn’t want you to think otherwise.

Reactions: TNTUK
What I see is a team, Florida excluded, that has found a way to win. Past teams always seemed to find a way to lose. This builds confidence and a winning attitude instead of being beat down with "what ifs".

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
If Austin made the fg against Florida, and setting at 6-0, there would be people grumbling about how we still aren't beating teams like we should.

Those will never be happy. They were griping at 3-0, and beating Florida would still allow them to say we haven't beat no one. Florida has a losing record and wasn't that good anyways. Blah blah

Reactions: jof2 and ktbug
I'm glad we're 5-1, and I am keeping my hopes up that this much needed bye week will give the team time to heal up, and fix the problems on the offensive line and the secondary.

I also can understand the fans that are frustrated by this team not be able to put opponents away.

I'm just happy that there's a lot to look forward to going into the second half of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT