ADVERTISEMENT

For the love of God: 18 players and 10 coaches out with Covid!

It is true. No way after the embarrassing lost last week they should put these kids thru this. Postpone the game, if not possible, just cancel the damn thing. it is not fair to these kids. They have been thru enough, and suffering another beat down would be too dramatic mentally. if we cant be at full strength to at least go and compete, do not let them play, it doesn't do anybody any good. other than build Florida up with a fake or distorted big performance against a all ready lesser talented team before any issues with Covid.

Will someone with common sense and an ounce of decency in leadership at UK please step in and postpone this game with UF?

18 players and 10 coaches out due to Covid!

Stop embarrassing this team and the fans!
A poster on the Florida board is saying the game has been cancelled... I have responded asking for a link to confirm etc.

Can't figure how they're determining who plays and who doesn't. We know UK's situation, Vandy's been playing with 50 something players all year but are still scheduled....TN's apparently had few cases but has games postponed 2 of last 3 weeks.

A poster on the Florida board is saying the game has been cancelled... I have responded asking for a link to confirm etc.

I can assure you the SEC is pressuring Mitch big time to play this game not only for monetary reasons but also to boost Florida's chances at being the second SEC team in the 4 team playoff.

Big bucks for the conference.

SEC rules say you gotta have at least 53 scholarship players including at least one QB, 7 OL, and 5 DL:

85-18=67

Then injuries and the prospect for more positive tests tomorrow. Team can choose to play or not and it'll be rescheduled (unlikely at this point) or declared a no contest.

Agree to play the game but only if you get, in writing from SEC office, that Florida will play in Lexington on the last Saturday in November 2021.

We wouldn’t have a fighting chance this season any way we slice it.

Last edited:
I can assure you the SEC is pressuring Mitch big time to play this game not only for monetary reasons but also to boost Florida's chances at being the second SEC team in the 4 team playoff.

That makes no sense....like at all.

I seriously doubt the SEC is pressuring UK to play this the game. UF is not in BYU's shoes that they need help to convince people for a better position and needs to play every game in order to make the playoffs.

Playing UK actually decreases UF's chances of making the playoffs, because on the chance that they lose ANY regular season game from here on out, they will not make the playoffs even if they beat bama.

If anything, it would be helpful for UF NOT to play this game because as long as they dont lose any games and win the division....and possibly beat alabama, they will get into the playoffs. PERIOD

Weve seen other teams in the top ten that have cancelled or rescheduled games and they didnt move a single spot in the rankings.

Also, a cancelled game against UK will help UF prepare for the next game and it will give Pitts more time to recover.

Its as win-win-win for UF not to play more games than it needs to in order to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
No. You have not seen teams in the top 10 of the playoff rankings miss a game and not change their position..

This week is the first week that those rankings came out.

No one said it wasn't to UF advantage to cancel this game so they can get ready for the next game. We have already witnessed that this year.

That 21 day layoff after getting beat at TA&M gave Mullet head and Greasy Grantham time to get the defense fixed and generate a running game. So we get it that Florida would take advantage of another bye week.

The playoff committee doesn't view canceled games the same way a Florida fan does.

If you listen to Finebaum show Sankey had stated that coaches and AD's have been instructed to find a way to play the remaining games on the schedule, so yes, the SEC office is pushing to have this game played.

Reactions: J19D76 and UKfan34
No. You have not seen teams in the top 10 of the playoff rankings miss a game and not change their position..

No one said it wasn't to UF advantage to cancel this game so they can get ready for the next game. We have already witnessed that this year.

That 21 day layoff after getting beat at TA&M gave Mullet head and Greasy Grantham time to get the defense fixed and generate a running game. So we get it that Florida would take advantage of another bye week.

The playoff committee doesn't view canceled games the same way a Florida fan does.

If you listen to Finebaum show Sankey had stated that coaches and AD's have been instructed to find a way to play the remaining games on the schedule, so yes, the SEC office is pushing to have this game played.

Uf didnt move a spot in the rankings when the LSU game was initially cancelled. UF was in the top ten at that time. After the rankings came out, UF and LSU had a make up date.

I should know, Im a UF fan.

Dont tell me what I have and have not seen. Thaaaaanks

UGA also didnt change position because of Covid problems with their opponents.

As for the Finbaum show, regarding the ADs, theres a difference in asking to find a way and being forced. The SEC isnt going to force a team if Covid Issues are a continuing issue. They are hoping that a later time would be better....but if it happens again they wont force a team with Covid to play.

The playoff committee has a trend with the SEC....be no more than a 1 loss team, win your division, win the conference....and youre in.

As for how they view cancelled games? Youre making unproven assumptions based on my fanhood as if there wasnt a past history routine with the playoff comittee.

Please delete your comment. Seeing someone be wrong so many times in one post is almost giving me a headache. We can pretend you didnt say anything.

Last edited:

What was your reason that we shouldn't have been playing Alabama last week? I asked if it was because of Covid or we just shouldn't be made to platy big bad Alabama and you never answered,

What was your reason that we shouldn't have been playing Alabama last week? I asked if it was because of Covid or we just shouldn't be made to platy big bad Alabama and you never answered,
Because of the state of the team due to Covid, the loss of Coach Shclarman, injuries to starters and just the whole situation the team was facing.
Just not sure how much more these young men can take. Forcing them to take a beating and humiliating them and UK on national TV was not good for anyone not named Bama.

This team is about to implode right in front of us and that loss last Saturday set this program back 8 years in my opinion.

Another humiliation like that could have a long lasting impact to this program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Uf didnt move a spot in the rankings when the LSU game was initially cancelled. UF was in the top ten at that time. After the rankings came out, UF and LSU had a make up date.

I should know, Im a UF fan.

Dont tell me what I have and have not seen. Thaaaaanks

UGA also didnt change position because of Covid problems with their opponents.

As for the Finbaum show, regarding the ADs, theres a difference in asking to find a way and being forced. The SEC isnt going to force a team if Covid Issues are a continuing issue. They are hoping that a later time would be better....but if it happens again they wont force a team with Covid to play.

The playoff committee has a trend with the SEC....be no more than a 1 loss team, win your division, win the conference....and youre in.

As for how they view cancelled games? Youre making unproven assumptions based on my fanhood as if there wasnt a past history routine with the playoff comittee.

Please delete your comment. Seeing someone be wrong so many times in one post is almost giving me a headache. We can pretend you didnt say anything.
You are obviously reading comprehension challenged. I will write slower this time and maybe you can understand.
1. There has been ONLY ONE PLAYOFF RANKING released by the PLAYOFF COMMITTEE and that was THIS WEEK.
2. There has not been another ranking released since this weekend's games that have been canceled, so neither YOU nor I know how the playoff committee will view canceled games in the future.

The SEC is not worried about getting the SEC championship winner in the playoff, that's a given. The SEC is trying to get TWO teams in the playoff, whether that is Florida and Alabama or Alabama and Texas A&M.

The MORE WINS those teams have, the better chance they get in over ACC team, either ND or Clemson, who both will have one loss also.......

And as far as you calling me out to delete my post just take your own medicine for being wrong and delete your post.

Tired of trying to educate you.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKUGA and willievic
Because of the state of the team due to Covid, the loss of Coach Shclarman, injuries to starters and just the whole situation the team was facing.
Just not sure how much more these young men can take. Forcing them to take a beating and humiliating them and UK on national TV was not good for anyone not named Bama.

This team is about to implode right in front of us and that loss last Saturday set this program back 8 years in my opinion.

Another humiliation like that could have a long lasting impact to this program.
OK. That I get.
In your last thread about why should we have play big, bad Alabama it just seemed like you were afraid of playing good teams. Health is a reason to avoid things. Being afraid because you might lose by too much isn't.

Reactions: chroix and STL_Cat
Just for the record, UF had at least 15 players sit out last week's game at Vanderbilt due to Covid. I think whether a team plays or not is ultimately up to the individual school, but the league does have guidelines regarding numbers of players and positions (53 overall). I can understand the SEC wanting games to be played, in great measure due to financial concerns, and the powers that be may even urge schools to do so. That said, the consideration should be one related more to safety than to how a team may be falling apart psychologically or its morale. Whether the game is played or not, I would expect Kentucky to not go the route of FSU which essentially embarrassed itself (further) with how it handled and responded to its cancellation of the game against Clemson and avoid a beatdown.

I thought Covid couldn’t spread in athletics? I’m amazed we are allowing these super spreader events. With basketball, king Andy said Rupp Arena has enough people to strictly enforce COVID-19 guidelines so no concerns there 😉.
oh yeah, and my kids are not allowed to get an education in person. I will never stop fighting for them though. Looking forward to the next rally, because I highly doubt they will be back after Christmas.

Reactions: UKUGA
OK. That I get.
In your last thread about why should we have play big, bad Alabama it just seemed like you were afraid of playing good teams. Health is a reason to avoid things. Being afraid because you might lose by too much isn't.
My question in that thread was can anyone give a good reason for playing that game under the circumstances the team was dealing with last week.
Just curious, in hindsight, after watching that humiliation of our team and the program last Saturday, can you give me a good reason we should have been forced to play that game by the SEC?
And anyone who doesn't think we were forced or at least coerced into playing by the league commissioner you must not of heard CMS post game comments on Monday.

Another consideration for fans of any team is the potential of their team contracting the virus from infected persons of the opponent then potentially having to sit out the following week (or weeks). Even if some higher powers (such as in the league office) pushed to get a game in this week under questionable circumstances, the risk is that at least one of the teams could still miss another game or games. In other words, even if there was motivation to help or protect certain teams regarding ranking or with respect to league finances, such actions could just as easily backfire on them. That said, there are no absolutes or guarantees without canceling the season entirely. Much like everyday life itself for the rest of us, this pandemic poses risks which must be assessed and managed by everyone.

Another consideration for fans of any team is the potential of their team contracting the virus from infected persons of the opponent then potentially having to sit out the following week (or weeks). Even if some higher powers (such as in the league office) pushed to get a game in this week under questionable circumstances, the risk is that at least one of the teams could still miss another game or games. In other words, even if there was motivation to help or protect certain teams regarding ranking or with respect to league finances, such actions could just as easily backfire on them. That said, there are no absolutes or guarantees without canceling the season entirely. Much like everyday life itself for the rest of us, this pandemic poses risks which must be assessed and managed by everyone.
I certainly do not want the season cancelled. The SEC has a good chance of producing another National Champion and I want to see how it plays out.

So Stoops should prepare to battle the Gators and play football.

Agree to play the game but only if you get, in writing from SEC office, that Florida will play in Lexington on the last Saturday in November 2021.

We wouldn’t have a fighting chance this season any way we slice it.
For three seasons in a row we've owned Florida. They got extremely lucky twice. We should want to play this game. Our program should be past ducking and hiding.

Reactions: Mr.Morris
Still trying to figure how Vandy, who has pretty much played the year with 50-something players, is still playing while TN, who supposedly has few positives, is sitting for 2 of the last 3 weeks.

Can't figure how they're determining who plays and who doesn't. We know UK's situation, Vandy's been playing with 50 something players all year but are still scheduled....TN's apparently had few cases but has games postponed 2 of last 3 weeks.
Florida was down eight defenders against Texas A&M when they travelled

For three seasons in a row we've owned Florida. They got extremely lucky twice. We should want to play this game. Our program should be past ducking and hiding.

Nice message board bravado , right up til they beat us 58-6. To say we owned them takes away any credibility you have .

Reactions: STL_Cat
Looks like the best scenario would’ve been to let TN play FL this weekend, us play FL the 5th, and move UK-SC game to the 12th

Reactions: ukgrad2004
Isn’t it about the SCIENCE? That is the message we have heard for the last year, especially during the election cycle. I guess it really isn’t about science and this disease must not be as deadly as they say if they are willing to let these guys play a game...a team with 18 - 30 cases of COVID. Someone please enlighten me as to why we have been shutting down schools, churches and businesses for the last 9 months if it is perfectly fine to play a game where the players have a mass infection rate..🧐

MFers can do it at someone else's expense. They'd just rig the fkn game anyway. No point in playing this game with so many people out

Isn’t it about the SCIENCE? That is the message we have heard for the last year, especially during the election cycle. I guess it really isn’t about science and this disease must not be as deadly as they say if they are willing to let these guys play a game...a team with 18 - 30 cases of COVID. Someone please enlighten me as to why we have been shutting down schools, churches and businesses for the last 9 months if it is perfectly fine to play a game where the players have a mass infection rate..🧐

No science. Science is only optional when and ig it benefits the narrative.

Reactions: Jazzycat
I certainly do not want the season cancelled. The SEC has a good chance of producing another National Champion and I want to see how it plays out.

So Stoops should prepare to battle the Gators and play football.

I'm at the point where I don't give 2 fks about the SEC. I'm tired of the officiating advantages other teams have. Tired of the scheduling favoritism, too. Fk em

We need to become an independent, or find a conference with a level playing field on game day. Tired of being used as a stepping stone in both major sports by a league office that is more greedy than bankers and politicians. It rips off the entire rest of the conference AND the other schools trying to reach the playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT