ADVERTISEMENT

For everyone that can't stop hating on your own team...

I've been saying it for a couple weeks now. There's a growing sentiment on this board that if you don't think this team is perfect and unbeatable than you aren't a 'real fan'. Don't you dare have the audacity to ask why we struggle against Mizzou, or start three straight games with a double digit deficit (to finish the regular season and walking into tournament time). Very thick blue colored glasses are standard issue for the only 'real fans' here.
That's just not true. There's a lot of room between thinking this team is perfect and unbeatable and people who come on here just to pick at the warts this team has and ignore they're winning despite them. Those are the people that aren't real fans and they're easy to pick out because they only show up to bitch, never have anything good to say, and disappear as quickly as UF, Vandy and TAM's leads did. If you're not one of them then you recognize them. If you don't, you're probably one of them.

Good teams do not have more turnovers than points 8 minutes into the game 3 straight times to mediocre at best teams.

All of us want #9 and hope this team gets it, but we can see glaring reasons why it likely won't happen. I prefer to live in the real world than fantasy land. You calling people stupid is on a reflection on yourself.
See you've shown your self in your 1st paragraph. Good teams do have more turnovers than points 8 minutes into the game lots of times. Only good teams come back and win all of those games. Those 3 teams were not mediocre either with the exception of TAM who were playing at home on senior day. UF was a top 12 team that drilled us in Gainesville and Vandy has been playing great finishing the season winning 9 of 11.

Well I guess their are no good team this year because everyone has a bad loss.Hell UNC will get a 1 seed and scored 43 points in their last game.
I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

That's just not true. There's a lot of room between thinking this team is perfect and unbeatable and people who come on here just to pick at the warts this team has and ignore they're winning despite them. Those are the people that aren't real fans and they're easy to pick out because they only show up to bitch, never have anything good to say, and disappear as quickly as UF, Vandy and TAM's leads did. If you're not one of them then you recognize them. If you don't, you're probably one of them.

Very well put.

It comes down to personality type. I've never met a "realist" who wasn't pessimistic in life in general. Some people choose to see the negatives in every aspect of life. Some see the positives. I'm generally the latter.

I don't think UK is the win by 50 every night world beaters some expect us to be, but we've got just as good of a chance as about 30 other teams.

Very well put.

It comes down to personality type. I've never met a "realist" who wasn't pessimistic in life in general. Some people choose to see the negatives in every aspect of life. Some see the positives. I'm generally the latter.

I don't think UK is the win by 50 every night world beaters some expect us to be, but we've got just as good of a chance as about 30 other teams.
I agree with that. I think a lot of pessimists also strive for perfection. So they are considered perfectionists.
And optimists are the other end of that spectrum. A lot of times they settle for and are happy with mediocrity. I wonder how many elite athletes and coaches fall into that category?

I agree with that. I think a lot of pessimists also strive for perfection. So they are considered perfectionists.
And optimists are the other end of that spectrum. A lot of times they settle for and are happy with mediocrity. I wonder how many elite athletes and coaches fall into that category?
Horse crap on all counts!

Reactions: Bungalow Bill
1. 4/5 of our losses have been to top 15 teams (as of today)

2. We won the SEC. bad conference or not, we won.

3. We don't rely on one player. Everyone knows us for monk, but we've won multiple games with him struggling, and today was his worst performance by far and we won by 9.

4. We shoot decently, but we don't rely on 3's. When we are stroking 3's, no one can beat us. But we've also won several games where we missed a ton of 3's and bam/fox/briscoe take over inside.

5. We don't blow leads. With all the talk about how we blow leads, not ONE TIME have we had a 10 point lead in the second half and lost the game. Not once.

6. We can come back from large deficits. 3 games in a row now we start off terribly and won the game going away. We don't WANT to do that but it's a great skill to have in the tourney. We know this team will not panic if a team gets up 10-15 on them. Those of us that were around in 1998 should know that's a very nice skill to have in march.

7. Cal has taken two teams worse than this one to the final four. We have more talent, more experience, and have performed better during the regular season than both the 2011 and 2014 team. How about we trust that cal knows what he's doing?

BE POSITIVE. WE JUST WON THE SEC AND WE WILL BE A 2 SEED. GO CATS!

I like our team.... We cant get in a while in the tournament though.... I expect to be in the FINAL 4.... Then it's a crap shoot.... Whoever gets hot

Horse crap on all counts!
Well if you say it that makes it true. I on the other hand just give my opinions to fellow fans. I can't always be correct on every issue like you. For you are a true fan. I can only hope someday that I can achieve your level of wisdom and fandom.
For you are the benchmark that all fans should gauge themselves by.

Good teams do not have more turnovers than points 8 minutes into the game 3 straight times to mediocre at best teams.

All of us want #9 and hope this team gets it, but we can see glaring reasons why it likely won't happen. I prefer to live in the real world than fantasy land. You calling people stupid is on a reflection on yourself.[/QUOAme
:popcorn:

The thing is, most people don't like perfectionists because many of them have absolutely unrealistic expectations in every situation. I hate being around those people, honestly.

I've worked for both types of people. I'd much rather work for the person who praises a job well done and corrects a job not done correctly more than the guy who praises nothing ever because his high expectations weren't met because they were impossible to begin with. It's certainly a two-way street as too much positivity (ignoring concerns) and too much negativity (ignoring positives) are both detrimental to just about anything

That's nonsense. Pessimists see the negative and expect it. That is not a recipe for perfection. Optimists see the positive possibility and strive for it because they expect it. Coaches and players that expect the worst fail at a high rate while the converse is true for optimists.

Reactions: CalsKittens
The thing is, most people don't like perfectionists because many of them have absolutely unrealistic expectations in every situation. I hate being around those people, honestly.

I've worked for both types of people. I'd much rather work for the person who praises a job well done and corrects a job not done correctly more than the guy who praises nothing ever because his high expectations weren't met because they were impossible to begin with. It's certainly a two-way street as too much positivity (ignoring concerns) and too much negativity (ignoring positives) are both detrimental to just about anything
I've worked for both types too. Most perfectionists I've been around that truly care lead from the front and if need be do it themselves.
The other ones are just jackasses that hold people to standards that even they can't meet.

I've been saying it for a couple weeks now. There's a growing sentiment on this board that if you don't think this team is perfect and unbeatable than you aren't a 'real fan'. Don't you dare have the audacity to ask why we struggle against Mizzou, or start three straight games with a double digit deficit (to finish the regular season and walking into tournament time). Very thick blue colored glasses are standard issue for the only 'real fans' here.
I tend to agree with this. Most are there are flaws on this team there is no question about it. The problem begins when people constantly complain and degrade the players and the coach. There are a select few that bitch when we don't win by ten points or more(Missouri) criticism is fine it's just certain posters that anytime we look bad they are the first ones on here(like in the first half of a game) to show up and say we suck before the game is completely over

Reactions: SemperFiCat
That's nonsense. Pessimists see the negative and expect it. That is not a recipe for perfection. Optimists see the positive possibility and strive for it because they expect it. Coaches and players that expect the worst fail at a high rate while the converse is true for optimists.
Well said!

So says the guy who says a lot of times good teams have more turnovers than points 8 mins into a game.

I've been on winning teams. US Navy on USS Albuquerque Fast Attack submarine. Having a positive attitude puts you in position to win at life. Pessimism is not going to get you perfection. I've been a Wild Land Fire Fighter for 15 years and if you have a bad attitude in those situations your gonna get some one hurt or killed.

Reactions: Bungalow Bill
So you either do not want to find it or can't. I will check tomorrow then.
I don't have to find it. I know it happens. You ignore the rest of my statement that only good teams can overcome those kind of starts and find a way to win. Strong is the dark side in this one.

Without criminals there would be no need for cops.
That's a good one. You, Bumbling Bill, and Cal's Pussies should start your own praise board. Where every topic is all rainbows and unicorns.

I don't have to find it. I know it happens. You ignore the rest of my statement that only good teams can overcome those kind of starts and find a way to win. Strong is the dark side in this one.

Fake news. You can't find it because it don't exist. So admit you were wrong and move on.

Any chance you'll go 1 damn day without pumping and telling everyone how to be a fan? We know, you put people on ignore. You say it every damn day. And guess what? No one care. You're not a good enough poster for it to matter honestly. Very basic and fails at witty attempts. The word is "goober".

You came to this board talking this nonsense then said you might leave because of perceived negativity. Well go, please, and sthu

Well, goober, that pumping stuff goes two ways. What you are pumping just smells really bad.

What I find funny is that the guys that bitch about Cal and the team cry and bitch about KY fans that call them on it. Obviously, that's the only thing they know how to do. It's almost like the CLOD is shocked to learn there are Kentucky fans on a Kentucky fan board.

So I guess everybody is pumping something. Sunshine or crap, you got your choice. I just think if you want to trash the Cats, you might get better reception on the UL board where they have the same agenda.

That's a good one. You, Bumbling Bill, and Cal's Pussies should start your own praise board. Where every topic is all rainbows and unicorns.
And you, ripcord, and the rest of your ilk should star up a Miserable Anonymous chapter. I can see it now.. "my names CK2 and I suck" and everyone responds ... "hi ck-2". You know just like the AA meetings you have obviously stopped going to.
Don't feel sorry for me. Just be glad you're a true fan. I'm hoping we can lead the country in turnovers the first 8 mins of the game like a lot of GOOD teams do.
the Cats only had 6 TOs all game. The simply were cold at the beginning but you keep to your agenda.

And you, ripcord, and the rest of your ilk should star up a Miserable Anonymous chapter. I can see it now.. "my names CK2 and I suck" and everyone responds ... "hi ck-2". You know just like the AA meetings you have obviously stopped going to.

the Cats only had 6 TOs all game. The simply were cold at the beginning but you keep to your agenda.
Hooked on phonics is still available online and in stores. Maybe you can get a group discount.

Wow, some of you must have horrible lives. I mean truly some of you have the outlook of Ebenezer Scrooge pre 3 ghost visit! I'm proud of my team. I like our chances. I trust Cal will get them we're we want them.
There are a lot of unhappy people out there. When they've driven their friends off, some come to message boards and latch on to any negative they can find.

I've been around UK boards since the late 90's. There has never been as many fans that gripe as much as some of the posters on here. I took a long break from posting on boards. I decided to come back this year and feel like I've gone to War. I'm here to stay and if you don't like me ignore buttons work both ways.

It's the best I can do. You know being miserable and all. And drunk. Plus I've run off all my friends. You guys are a riot.
Well we finally agree... that is the best you can do.

Or you could say we played 5 good teams and lost to four and won the fifth by virtue of an all time great performance on a last possession shot. We are not very good. The good news is, neither is anyone else.
You could say the only reason North Carolina was in the game wasd because they had 2 guys who had all time great performances. When the score is 103-100 you are going to have some high scorers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT