ADVERTISEMENT

For everyone that can't stop hating on your own team...

wildcatsincebirth

Sophomore
Dec 12, 2010
1. 4/5 of our losses have been to top 15 teams (as of today)

2. We won the SEC. bad conference or not, we won.

3. We don't rely on one player. Everyone knows us for monk, but we've won multiple games with him struggling, and today was his worst performance by far and we won by 9.

4. We shoot decently, but we don't rely on 3's. When we are stroking 3's, no one can beat us. But we've also won several games where we missed a ton of 3's and bam/fox/briscoe take over inside.

5. We don't blow leads. With all the talk about how we blow leads, not ONE TIME have we had a 10 point lead in the second half and lost the game. Not once.

6. We can come back from large deficits. 3 games in a row now we start off terribly and won the game going away. We don't WANT to do that but it's a great skill to have in the tourney. We know this team will not panic if a team gets up 10-15 on them. Those of us that were around in 1998 should know that's a very nice skill to have in march.

7. Cal has taken two teams worse than this one to the final four. We have more talent, more experience, and have performed better during the regular season than both the 2011 and 2014 team. How about we trust that cal knows what he's doing?

BE POSITIVE. WE JUST WON THE SEC AND WE WILL BE A 2 SEED. GO CATS!

3. We don't rely on one player. Everyone knows us for monk, but we've won multiple games with him struggling, and today was his worst performance by far and we won by 9.

4. We shoot decently, but we don't rely on 3's. When we are stroking 3's, no one can beat us. But we've also won several games where we missed a ton of 3's and bam/fox/briscoe take over inside.

5. We don't blow leads. With all the talk about how we blow leads, not ONE TIME have we had a 10 point lead in the second half and lost the game. Not once.

6. We can come back from large deficits. 3 games in a row now we start off terribly and won the game going away. We don't WANT to do that but it's a great skill to have in the tourney. We know this team will not panic if a team gets up 10-15 on them. Those of us that were around in 1998 should know that's a very nice skill to have in march.

7. Cal has taken two teams worse than this one to the final four. We have more talent, more experience, and have performed better during the regular season than both the 2011 and 2014 team. How about we trust that cal knows what he's doing?

Good post. I certainly like to see us start faster, but there's no question this team is getting better.

Forgive me for not sharing your enthusiasm going into March tournaments

Reactions: TnRustyCAT
Or you could say we played 5 good teams and lost to four and won the fifth by virtue of an all time great performance on a last possession shot. We are not very good. The good news is, neither is anyone else.

Reactions: TnRustyCAT and ck-2

Just quit with this nonsense. Nobody is "hating" on the team.

Fans get emotional during games. Get over it.

Just quit with this nonsense. Nobody is "hating" on the team.

Fans get emotional during games. Get over it.
This. There might be a seldom few that actually hate this team but everyone gets emotional. I know people that don't even post on here but get the exact same way. If you love something that's how you get when something isn't going perfect

2015 absolutely ruined some of you in the expectations department. We're not going to win every game by 25 like 1996 and 2015. We aren't going undefeated in the SEC every year.

But my word, 26-5 and 16-2 in conference is a damn good year, yet we have people acting like this team sucks. Were you miserable bastards locked in padded rooms from 1999-2009?

If we're not good, who is?

Some of you all are insane.
There is no dominate team this year. But that doesn't change what this team is. They just aren't very good. I don't worry about what other teams are or aren't until we play them.
I actually came to the conclusion today that this team has probably overachieved. They have a good record and by that standard have had a good year.
But this trend of getting down big early in games and not being able to shoot is reason for concern going in to a single elimination tournament. Especially considering several of these teams we've struggled against aren't good enough to make any tournament.
But this logic makes me a miserable insane person according to some on here. I sure don't understand that way of thinking.

Wow, some of you must have horrible lives. I mean truly some of you have the outlook of Ebenezer Scrooge pre 3 ghost visit! I'm proud of my team. I like our chances. I trust Cal will get them we're we want them.

Reactions: ohiodon
Wow, some of you must have horrible lives. I mean truly some of you have the outlook of Ebenezer Scrooge pre 3 ghost visit! I'm proud of my team. I like our chances. I trust Cal will get them we're we want them.
Exactly what I was talking about.

Reactions: morgousky
Exactly what I was talking about.
Good on you. Some think they are being realist when they are being down right haters. Overachieved? Wth causes you to think that? I just think you don't get the product Cal produces year in and year out. Coming up short has caused all you haters to loose your minds. Sorry it didn't work out like you wanted it to. That's life.

I've been saying it for a couple weeks now. There's a growing sentiment on this board that if you don't think this team is perfect and unbeatable than you aren't a 'real fan'. Don't you dare have the audacity to ask why we struggle against Mizzou, or start three straight games with a double digit deficit (to finish the regular season and walking into tournament time). Very thick blue colored glasses are standard issue for the only 'real fans' here.

This. There might be a seldom few that actually hate this team but everyone gets emotional. I know people that don't even post on here but get the exact same way. If you love something that's how you get when something isn't going perfect
Amen,no one is hating on the team.We have gotten down double digits to start 3 games in a row,(two of them were average teams at best)if this was a crappy team there would be no reason to bitch about it but that is not the case.Cal doesn't seem to be all that thrilled with it either,the players are the ones that can fix this.Showing up ready to play is not to much to ask when a team is this good.

Nope don't agree there is s contingent of so called fans on this site that wants Cal gone. Hates what they see and are brain dead to the fact that what they have seen has been damn good. Most of those fans I now have on ignore. This has been a special ride folks! If you wanna admit it or not.

Slow starts have pissed me off too, does that mean it will continue into post season I hope not. I rather be an optimist than be a dooms dayer. Life now days is gloomy enough without bringing that crap into a fan site for Basketball. Call me a sunshine pumper I don't care! IDGAF! I just think it's better to circle the wagons and get behind the team.

If we don't fix this get down double digits crap we will be visited by the ghost of NCAAT first weekend losses

I've been saying it for a couple weeks now. There's a growing sentiment on this board that if you don't think this team is perfect and unbeatable than you aren't a 'real fan'. Don't you dare have the audacity to ask why we struggle against Mizzou, or start three straight games with a double digit deficit (to finish the regular season and walking into tournament time). Very thick blue colored glasses are standard issue for the only 'real fans' here.
Amen Marine!

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11

The SEC is a lot better than some think...

I'm not going to read past this. Good post and if anyone disagrees I don't think reading it will be more than a waste of time.

It's like people are more worried about being able to say they called it if/when we lose early that they are with being excited by the possibilities of march.

We are not great but we are good enough to beat pretty much anyone so enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Just calling it as I see it, and Cal said as much on postgame show these horrid starts and dry offensive spells will end the season soon

Just like clock work, out with name calling.

We have won 8 in a roll including a win over a good Florida team and over Vandy who is playing very well at this time.Yes we have things to work on but I have watched tons of basketball this season and believe me all the teams have faults.I see many things to be excited about for the postseason.

Sorry but saying we aren't a good team is stupid.

Good teams do not have more turnovers than points 8 minutes into the game 3 straight times to mediocre at best teams.

All of us want #9 and hope this team gets it, but we can see glaring reasons why it likely won't happen. I prefer to live in the real world than fantasy land. You calling people stupid is on a reflection on yourself.

Nope don't agree there is s contingent of so called fans on this site that wants Cal gone. Hates what they see and are brain dead to the fact that what they have seen has been damn good. Most of those fans I now have on ignore. This has been a special ride folks! If you wanna admit it or not.

Slow starts have pissed me off too, does that mean it will continue into post season I hope not. I rather be an optimist than be a dooms dayer. Life now days is gloomy enough without bringing that crap into a fan site for Basketball. Call me a sunshine pumper I don't care! IDGAF! I just think it's better to circle the wagons and get behind the team.

Any chance you'll go 1 damn day without pumping and telling everyone how to be a fan? We know, you put people on ignore. You say it every damn day. And guess what? No one care. You're not a good enough poster for it to matter honestly. Very basic and fails at witty attempts. The word is "goober".

You came to this board talking this nonsense then said you might leave because of perceived negativity. Well go, please, and sthu

Good teams do not have more turnovers than points 8 minutes into the game 3 straight times to mediocre at best teams.

All of us want #9 and hope this team gets it, but we can see glaring reasons why it likely won't happen. I prefer to live in the real world than fantasy land. You calling people stupid is on a reflection on yourself.
Well I guess their are no good team this year because everyone has a bad loss.Hell UNC will get a 1 seed and scored 43 points in their last game.

There's a big difference from "this team is not very good" versus not perfect and unbeatable. I'd rather wear blue goggles than have the vision of Stevie Wonder. Those people ignore all the positive aspects such as ranked at least 9th, out right conference winner, 7 game winning streak with more than half of those SEC road wins. Winning when you lottery pick point guard is maybe 80% at best and even missed a game. The critics say we've started off very slow the last three and I agree. But the other side of that coin is the team showed the heart and determination to overcome and win those games by an average of 8.

Your criticism and concern Semper Fi is valid but many are simply haters who use every chance they get to bash the teams, players, and fans.

Good on you. Some think they are being realist when they are being down right haters. Overachieved? Wth causes you to think that? I just think you don't get the product Cal produces year in and year out. Coming up short has caused all you haters to loose your minds. Sorry it didn't work out like you wanted it to. That's life.
Some think they are being fans when they refuse to see the deficiencies this team has. Even Cal talks about it. See how that works?
As far as my overachieved statement. Yes I think for as bad as this team has played they have won several games that maybe they shouldn't have. And for that I commend them.
As far as my mind, it's not loose it's tight. And as far as it working out like I want, I hope we win it all! I would be right back at Rupp the next day for the celebration like I was in 2012!

I've yet to talk to a fellow KY fan in person that is happy with the way this team has been playing. They all say the same thing"if we don't get better quick we aren't going far in the tourney."

There's a big difference from "this team is not very good" versus not perfect and unbeatable. I'd rather wear blue goggles than have the vision of Stevie Wonder. Those people ignore all the positive aspects such as ranked at least 9th, out right conference winner, 7 game winning streak with more than half of those SEC road wins. Winning when you lottery pick point guard is maybe 80% at best and even missed a game. The critics say we've started off very slow the last three and I agree. But the other side of that coin is the team showed the heart and determination to overcome and win those games by an average of 8.

Your criticism and concern Semper Fi is valid but many are simply haters who use every chance they get to bash the teams, players, and fans.
Yes, better said than I wa able to do.

Gauge it this way....find one coach in the top 10 who would want to play us in the tournament. We beat North Carolina in an offensive battle and to the wire with Kansas. A couple shots fall differently...just a couple and we win that game. Find a coach who would want to play Kentucky.

Reactions: KYFOSSIL

Saying we are not a good team is stupid. We are not perfect or undefeated but look where that got 2015. There is a huge difference between good, very good and dominate. There is no dominate team this year so compared to the field the Cats are very good. There's a huge difference between being a realist versus a pessimist.

It's March in Kentucky. Spring's in the air, so is the Madness. Prediction: we've seen the last of the slow starts.

ADVERTISEMENT