ADVERTISEMENT

For anyone who complains about Rupp Arena

Crowd has been great today from tip to finish.

But that doesn't discredit the usual complaints. It can be a very "sit back and watch the show and react" type crowd even in tight games instead of being actively involved throughout the possession and trying to create energy in the building and affect the game.

Agree. Good crowd didn’t pout like many internet fans.

That's an indictment, not a positive.

Turn on Duke, Michigan St, Arizona, UNC, and other top programs games. It's loud from the jump EVERY GAME!!!! It might get quiet, but it doesn't start quiet until someone does something like it does at Rupp.

Turn on Duke, Michigan St, Arizona, UNC, and other top programs games. It's loud from the jump EVERY GAME!!!! It might get quiet, but it doesn't start quiet until someone does something like it does at Rupp.

No it doesn’t. Simply not true at all.

Reactions: Bluvelvet

Chapel Hill sounds like a morgue most of the time, it's not considerably different than Rupp. Of the teams you mentioned only Duke has the atmosphere you claim.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
What? I was there for Mississippi State. It wasn't loud WHATSOEVER. It did erupt when the team did good things.

I think the op is talking about the others aren't loud like you said every game. All you see are students making noise in smaller buildings. That won't happen here as long as we care about making money. It is as good of an environment as there is for big games though and when you have a team that puts in the effort on the court.

The Rupp crowd knows hoops and will not be cheering when we turn the ball over, miss a dunk, miss free throws, give up on defense and basically get beaten by the opposing team at every play and position. Some actually understand the game and cheer madly when our team plays with heart and desire to win. If you are honest those times have been scarce this season. Good win today CATS!

Really nice of the team to take time to motivate the crowd.:rolleyes::oops:

Go down the court and turn it over. Give up an easy drive to the basket. Fumble a rebound out of bounds. Give up an open 3. Get called for a charge. Block a shot but give up a rebound that leads to a 3.

This is the kind of play we have had all year. You won't have a single place get loud and stay loud while stuff like this happens. Today was an improvement and the fans did what they needed to.

Chapel Hill sounds like a morgue most of the time, it's not considerably different than Rupp. Of the teams you mentioned only Duke has the atmosphere you claim.
Agree. UNC last year only averaged 17K. And if the poster was right, which he's not, Rupp would be much louder too...if...it was less than 10K capacity like Duke and less than 15K like Zona and MSU. Smaller arenas tend to be nosier at times.

UK needs to do something about that constant stream of fans along the first row behind the benches near the game. I know traffic in Lex. is a nightmare but, all those people heading for an exit looks terrible on TV.

The Rupp crowd knows hoops and will not be cheering when we turn the ball over, miss a dunk, miss free throws, give up on defense and basically get beaten by the opposing team at every play and position. Some actually understand the game and cheer madly when our team plays with heart and desire to win. If you are honest those times have been scarce this season. Good win today CATS!

What? You mean the crowd isn't supposed to come to its feet when we miss a foul shot? No wonder our record is what it is.

UK needs to do something about that constant stream of fans along the first row behind the benches near the game. I know traffic in Lex. is a nightmare but, all those people heading for an exit looks terrible on TV.

Many of them are trying to get to the other side, where Cal has his post game show.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Most folks that I know need and appreciate support and encouragement more when things are going bad than when they're on a roll.

Unc crowd absolutely does not! Its not good at all

Many of them are trying to get to the other side, where CNot while the game is al has his post game show.
Not while the game is still going on, surely. Actually, they appear to be exiting thru the same entrance that the players use to come onto the court. I know there is a VIP room in that area for big money ticket holders but, there must also be a exit to parking back there as well.
Either way it looks bad on national TV and UK needs to fix it.

Blue hairs got up tonight...still need student section closer to court like most schools.

A lot of depends were getting changed tonight.

Go Cats

Rupp Arena is the Gold Standard in college basketball..

It’s not even close.

These little shitholes, like Cameron, Allen, The Cheat Dome. Don’t even come close.
And yes, I’ve been to all of them.

Blue hairs got up tonight...still need student section closer to court like most schools.

A lot of depends were getting changed tonight.

Go Cats

Have you been to Rupp Arena? The students are in the end zone, right on the court, and they also have a section just behind and to the right of the bench, in the lower level, from the camera view. Many times they do not pick up all their allotment. How would you put them closer to the court?

I was at the game and enjoyed making some noise. And the good fans in 240 pulled their weight. It seemed like every time the arena got noisy, Bama had an answer.....that is, until the last 4 minutes.

My last visit to Rupp was the 1993 SEC tournament - got to enjoy the 101-40 shellacking of UT. The way things should be.

ADVERTISEMENT