ADVERTISEMENT

Florida's Eli Wright Transferring,

Eli Wright ? Too into recruiting maybe ?

Eli Carter is going to graduate and transfer, will be available immediately. Will be his 3rd team. With him and Walker both leaving UF I just cant see them being much better than this past season. Maybe a little over .500 but certainly a bubble team. Anyone else feel the same ?

They won't be much better if at all. Donovan needs to try his best to get the OKC job.

i'm sure gator fans will be around soon to tell us losing him isnt a big deal because of better players they have coming in or something. just like two years ago when they pumped up landing carter

Kid was good for Rutgers. Messed up his leg and didn't get back to regular. Florida losing them left and right.

Kid was good for Rutgers. Messed up his leg and didn't get back to regular. Florida losing them left and right.
You are right. That injured leg never got back the way it should. He sat out a year trying to get it right and was still
having problems this year. I can't remember how many, but he missed a few games and seemed to be hobbling
a bit when he played. He never got back to the way he was at Rutgers. With him graduating, I frankly expected
him to just give up on basketball, but I guess he wants to try one more time. Good kid; wish him all the best; he gave
us all he could.

Florida is doomed, DOOMED I tell you! However will they find someone to replace Chris Walker's production? After all, the lad snatched down 3.5 rebounds a game and was able to contribute offensively with 4.9 points a game. And Wright? er....Carter? He lit the court up with 8.9 points per game and 2 assists.

Just not sure how Florida will replace that kind of production?

BTW, on a more serious note, Walker probably would not be available for anyone. Rumors have it that his grades will keep him from being eligible. And I think Carter wants to go to a program that wants a volume shooter. That is just not Florida basketball.

He wasn't good for Rutgers or Florida. Sure, he got injured, but he only put up big numbers at Rutgers because he got to chuck it up 15+ times a game. Look at his efficiency and "stat sheet." Highly overrated.

Florida is doomed, DOOMED I tell you! However will they find someone to replace Chris Walker's production? After all, the lad snatched down 3.5 rebounds a game and was able to contribute offensively with 4.9 points a game. And Wright? er....Carter? He lit the court up with 8.9 points per game and 2 assists.

Just not sure how Florida will replace that kind of production?

BTW, on a more serious note, Walker probably would not be available for anyone. Rumors have it that his grades will keep him from being eligible. And I think Carter wants to go to a program that wants a volume shooter. That is just not Florida basketball.

Yeah losing 14 points a game off a sub .500 team is no big deal these days, especially as long as your coach bolts for the pros because he's sick of the team and fans. No reason UF shouldn't be making the NIT possibly the big dance in a year or two.

He had some good minutes against UK in two games. Guy who could get on a streak. Someone will benefit if the situation is right.

ADVERTISEMENT