ADVERTISEMENT

Florida

Shots weren't falling and they are missing a good big man. Looked uninterested tonight too. That said, FSU is good. Though Hamilton will have them ready for yet another early NCAA flameout.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'm not sure how a team can be so apathetic when playing an in-state rival. Florida didn't shoot well, which happens, but giving up that many points at home is inexcusable. White needs to work on defense in the worst way.

I'm not sure how a team can be so apathetic when playing an in-state rival. Florida didn't shoot well, which happens, but giving up that many points at home is inexcusable. White needs to work on defense in the worst way.
See it a lot where a poor performance on offense greatly affects performance on defense, that could have been the case here.

And that's a veteran team with a veteran point guard. Maybe you're not supposed to win every game, or even win every game by less than 30 points.

Also, I know the Warriors, Spurs, etc are revolutionizing basketball with spacing and threes, and that's brilliant with professionals in a 7 game series. But with 20 year olds in a single elimination tournament played in football stadiums, that's a really risky proposition. So for all the teeth gnashing over threes, I like our approach.

I watched the 1st half and Fla. could not hit the side of the barn & looked soft. Fla. St. just flat out played them.

Seems like Chiozza has hit his ceiling, which is pretty good at 12-6-6 avg. but he misses shots in the clutch that you expect seniors to make.

Just as people shouldn't crown them for beating Gonzaga in OT or playing Duke close, people shouldn't dismiss them for losing this game to another good team.

Never place too much weight on specific games.

No White is amazing and his teams are perfection. We will be lucky to stay within twenty points of them.

No but losses by Vanderbilt, Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas over the weekend certainly didn't help matters.

Looks like the SEC is still shit...These stupid teams lay eggs every year. but don't worry they'll make 15 3's vs UK

The SEC has had a good pre-conference season.
Alabama beat Memphis & BYU, lost to ranked Minn, & UCF.
Arkansas beat Oklahoma & UConn, lost to ranked UNC, & Houston.
Auburn beat Dayton, lost to Temple.
Florida beat ranked Gonzaga, & Stanford, lost to ranked Duke, & FSU.
Georgia beat ranked St. Mary's, & Marquette, lost to San Diego St.
Kentucky lost to ranked KU.
LSU beat Michigan, lost to ranked ND, and Marquette.
Miss. St. beat Dayton.
Missouri beat Iowa St, St. Johns, & UCF, lost to ranked WV, & Utah.
Ole Miss lost to Utah, Va Tech, & South Dakota St.
USC beat UMass, lost to Temple & Illinois St.
Tennessee beat ranked Purdue, NC St, & Ga Tech, lost to ranked Villanova
TAMU beat ranked WV, ranked USC, Oklahoma St, & Penn St
Vandy lost to ranked USC, ranked Seton Hall, Virginia, Kansas St, & Belmont.

We (SEC) still have games left vs UCLA, Va Tech, UL, Arizona (twice), Texas, Minnesota, UConn, Cincy (twice), Clemson (twice), Illinois, Ga Tech, Temple, UNC, Wake Forest, Arizona St, and then the SEC-Big12 Challenge.

We haven't dominated, but have certainly held our own.
7-7 vs ranked teams
"bad" losses are few (UCF, Houston, SD St, Belmont, maybe a couple more)

The SEC has had a good pre-conference season.
Alabama beat Memphis & BYU, lost to ranked Minn, & UCF.
Arkansas beat Oklahoma & UConn, lost to ranked UNC, & Houston.
Auburn beat Dayton, lost to Temple.
Florida beat ranked Gonzaga, & Stanford, lost to ranked Duke, & FSU.
Georgia beat ranked St. Mary's, & Marquette, lost to San Diego St.
Kentucky lost to ranked KU.
LSU beat Michigan, lost to ranked ND, and Marquette.
Miss. St. beat Dayton.
Missouri beat Iowa St, St. Johns, & UCF, lost to ranked WV, & Utah.
Ole Miss lost to Utah, Va Tech, & South Dakota St.
USC beat UMass, lost to Temple & Illinois St.
Tennessee beat ranked Purdue, NC St, & Ga Tech, lost to ranked Villanova
TAMU beat ranked WV, ranked USC, Oklahoma St, & Penn St
Vandy lost to ranked USC, ranked Seton Hall, Virginia, Kansas St, & Belmont.

We (SEC) still have games left vs UCLA, Va Tech, UL, Arizona (twice), Texas, Minnesota, UConn, Cincy (twice), Clemson (twice), Illinois, Ga Tech, Temple, UNC, Wake Forest, Arizona St, and then the SEC-Big12 Challenge.

We haven't dominated, but have certainly held our own.
7-7 vs ranked teams
"bad" losses are few (UCF, Houston, SD St, Belmont, maybe a couple more)

Wouldn't have ucf on the bad loss list. They will contend for their conference

ADVERTISEMENT