ADVERTISEMENT

Florida

Florida is going to be like the Cats of last year. The backcourt of Allen and Chiozza sp? Is experienced and can hit the outside shot, but that's it. You got some front court players but really just one that could be NBA but he is coming off injury. Florida picked up grad transfer from Rice, for somebuckets but that's about it.
Like we learned last year, no matter how great your backcourt is, it doesn't matter if it's all you got.
No offense, but I find this group of Cats to be highly skilled and highly athletic. We have multiple Alphas on our team...
Watch out for Hami, he is going to be our heart and soul. He competes almost on every play. Knox can score from anywhere and PJ will be our junk yard dawg underneath. Fla, I think, hasn't improved, more of a lateral move.
UK, on the other hand, has upgrades all around.

Florida is going to be like the Cats of last year. The backcourt of Allen and Chiozza sp? Is experienced and can hit the outside shot, but that's it. You got some front court players but really just one that could be NBA but he is coming off injury. Florida picked up grad transfer from Rice, for somebuckets but that's about it.
Like we learned last year, no matter how great your backcourt is, it doesn't matter if it's all you got.
No offense, but I find this group of Cats to be highly skilled and highly athletic. We have multiple Alphas on our team...
Watch out for Hami, he is going to be our heart and soul. He competes almost on every play. Knox can score from anywhere and PJ will be our junk yard dawg underneath. Fla, I think, hasn't improved, more of a lateral move.

I think Gak and K Hayes will hold their own down low. Gak will have to show some improvement from last year. The grad transfer is supposed to fill up from deep. There are some decent freshman--Ballard and Bassett. JJ stokes brother Isiah is going to be good but he'll prob red shirt this year due to a knee injury. Florida will get up and down the floor and will play good D. Should be a fun season.

Now that we are a basketball school, it's time for me to officially shift my focus to roundball. Florida is coming in at number 7 in the preseason coaches poll. Mike White is looking like the real deal. I really like his emphasis on team defense. That was one area I wish BillyD would have focused on harder. It wasn't until he hired Larry Shyatt that his team's started putting it all together. I think the Gators take 2 from UK this year and win the SEC. I don't think this will be one of Cal's better teams but it's always a toss up when you basically field a new team every year. How do you think the Cats match up with Florida this year?
Keep dreaming.

I think Gak and K Hayes will hold their own down low. Gak will have to show some improvement from last year. The grad transfer is supposed to fill up from deep. There are some decent freshman--Ballard and Bassett. JJ stokes brother Isiah is going to be good but he'll prob red shirt this year due to a knee injury. Florida will get up and down the floor and will play good D. Should be a fun season.

Gak will be key for y'all bc Hayes cant do it alone, and is prone to fouling.
I think Hayes will have a great year, fwiw.

Stone needs to break thru, also.

Im not sure how much you get from Bassett. I haven't seen him play.
I have seen the koulechov kid quite a bit and he is legit.

Reactions: SwampMaster
Gak will be key for y'all bc Hayes cant do it alone, and is prone to fouling.
I think Hayes will have a great year, fwiw.

Stone needs to break thru, also.

Im not sure how much you get from Bassett. I haven't seen him play.
I have seen the koulechov kid quite a bit and he is legit.

Gak definitely needs to perform, especially with Egbunu being questionable. Gak is just now starting conditioning though due to some minor knee soreness. He may not play early.

Stone is interesting. He's a big bodied kid but doesn't really like to bang. He shoots it okay but hangs around the perimeter too much. I'll be interested to see how he has progressed.

Now that we are a basketball school, it's time for me to officially shift my focus to roundball. Florida is coming in at number 7 in the preseason coaches poll. Mike White is looking like the real deal. I really like his emphasis on team defense. That was one area I wish BillyD would have focused on harder. It wasn't until he hired Larry Shyatt that his team's started putting it all together. I think the Gators take 2 from UK this year and win the SEC. I don't think this will be one of Cal's better teams but it's always a toss up when you basically field a new team every year. How do you think the Cats match up with Florida this year?
How is your freshmen, Shai Alexander doing?...Oh yeah, sorry about that. I think we win both or split, but we will be the more dangerous team come March

How is your freshmen, Shai Alexander doing?...Oh yeah, sorry about that. I think we win both or split, but we will be the more dangerous team come March

Florida has one of the best backcourt tandems in the country, so I doubt they miss Shai this year. Next year he would be very much needed, so they better have landed an immediate fill-in at pg.

I think UConn was only real good in their backcourt when they won it all last time. We have some talent other than the backcourt also. I think this team will be better than last year's team for sure.

So you're a basketball school that just got crushed by a Football School?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT