ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Not Making Our Win Look As Impressive

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
Florida will struggle with Richardson at qb. The guy is horrible as a passer. They just marched down the field running it to try and get the lead back and they let him pass it and he gets intercepted again. They might just squeak out a win if they keep running it and their defense gets more stops. Lets see if they can hold the lead and close this one out now. They aren't the only team to look poor though. A number of SEC teams have looked unimpressive early on as well.

The birdies had this one in the win column. Could have their hands full next week. Plus playing on Saturday could be quite an adjustment.

Reactions: The-Hack
They need to run like 90% of the time until he learns how to pass the ball.
Need tk run the post-injury Terry Wilson offense….run, run, rpo and sneak a 1 read quick throw in occasionally.

Any must pass downs should be limited to only reading half the Field to simplify and if the 1st and second read isn’t there then you hit the check down or tuck it and run

Whether Florida is good or not, I still think our defense is top 10 in the nation. AR may be overrated, but we made him look straight stupid.

Whether Florida is good or not, I still think our defense is top 10 in the nation. AR may be overrated, but we made him look straight stupid.
By that logic USF must be top 5 cause they made him look even worse. Same amount of picks and less yardage. I think our D is legit but not ready to crown them a top 10 unit in the land just yet. Need to see how they do vs the Mississippi schools and then we should now how they stack up amongst college footballs best units. Think they sure could be but we haven’t been challenged by even a top 50 offense in college football yet.

By that logic USF must be top 5 cause they made him look even worse. Same amount of picks and less yardage. I think our D is legit but not ready to crown them a top 10 unit in the land just yet. Need to see how they do vs the Mississippi schools and then we should now how they stack up amongst college footballs best units. Think they sure could be but we haven’t been challenged by even a top 50 offense in college football yet.
Totally agree. Until we can show that we can defend against a spread/air raid offense, we don't know how good our defense really is.

Lane Kiffen will show us our week spots on defense next week. Leach knows all of our soft spots.

Florida will wilt in the second half. No Qb and no depth on the defensive line is a bad combination.

Our defense is definitely better than Tennessee's.

And there's still quite a bit of football left in what will probably be a one score game.

Man, Hooker is a beast. Playing at UT this year is going to suck. Hopefully our Oline has their 💩 together before then.
Yeah he’s dangerous, gives me pause because those QB’s always seem to light us up. I feel really good about beating them except the fact if it gets into a scoring game, we seen last year how fast they can score.

A five point loss at Neyland is a better performance than a ten point loss at home.
I know it's laughable is it not....

- We have one guy saying Florida isn't the same team as when UK played.....literally 2 freaking weeks ago.
- Plus you have Billy Napier doing his best imitation of Hal Mumme...going for it on 4th down all over the place and leaving points all over the field. If he'd kicked the easy FG in first half and not stupidly going for 2 in 4th qtr to cut the lead to 10 (as if 9 points is materially any different)....Florida could have had different options down the stretch of that game.

UT plays a different style than UK...they score a ton more but they also give up a ton more on D. Play very high risk/high reward style. They let AR15 run around, don't zone him up as well as UK does. UK made him stay in pocket and make throws....he falters. Let him run around, throw on the scramble, etc...he's going to look better.

I think the UK/UT game will be a great game to be honest (I'm not picking us to win) but very closely matched teams is what I expect then they play.

Would Napier go to midfield, pull his pants down and shove a dildo up his butt if they analytics said to do so?

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
Would Napier go to midfield, pull his pants down and shove a dildo up his butt if they analytics said to do so?

Using analytics every time in CFB has got to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe some of these coaches. They know better than anyone CFB is a game of momentum, numbers cannot account for that. This numbers game in sports will eventually be looked at sideways when all the chips fall. I believe people will laugh at this in 20 years across the board.

He’s literally telling his defense they’re going to get scored on the next play so he’s got to do things on offense to account for it. Look at the message that sends. It’s unreal what he’s doing, and it’s making him look like a jackass.

Agreed. UK fans don’t like it, but UT is a very good team. Maybe the best offense in the SEC with Hooker passing and running so well. I think UF gave UT a scare on their own field.
The only scare was the perfect onside kick with 0:17 left in the game that made the end of the game more uncomfortable for UT fans than it should have been.

Richardson caught UT by surprise in the 1st half, no doubt. All UT DC Tim Banks had to go on was the first 3 weeks of tape showing AR was a serious threat with his legs but not with his arm, so the plan was to stop the run and force AR to throw and he came out accurately flinging the ball. But UT did effectively shut down the run, which was supposedly UF's strength

But UT took control in the 2nd half as I expected. Taking a 38-21 lead with 7:55 left in the game the D played to not let AR throw one over their heads for a quick score. And while I would have preferred for UF to not get the late TDs, the strategy worked with UF getting the last meaningless TD with 0:17 left, the perfect onside kick briefly made it a thriller ending, but with the game on the line the UT front 7 didn't allow AR to get off a throw into the EZ.

I think the UT-UK game should be a grwat game and fans of both progeams should be excited about where their respective programs are at.

Reactions: lazydave841
Idgas. Florida was a highly regarded team with a Heisman candidate QB and we BROKE them. Their all world QB almost cried and looked like he wanted to quit football after what we did to them. We ruined their season far as I’m concerned. WHOS NEXT?

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT