ADVERTISEMENT

Florida-Florida State at 9 on ESPN2

There's plenty of time but Florida looks very lethargic tonight.

Reactions: Ugoff
Until they get their big back, they are solely reliant on 3 pt shooting. It's what killed Duke so many seasons.

brings up the 3pt shooting thread again. You really do live and die by relying exclusively on the 3.
This is not a good Florida St team either. They lost a ton. But anyway yeah when you rely solely on the 3 ball you can get beat by bad teams. This is why I can’t see Florida making the FF. They are going to have a game when they aren’t hitting and they have nothing to turn to when that happens. Also, Florida has no shot blockers at all. You can drive on them all day.

Diallo should have a field day driving on Florida. I want multiple Diallo dunks when we play them.

I agree with the one poster that Texas A&M is the best all around team right now. It will be interesting to see how well Texas A&M does against Arizona on Tuesday night in Arizona. Most of the SEC teams are better but most of the teams I have watched play this year are shooting a lot 3's this year. Just like Bama when Sexton, Petty, and Ingram are hitting they look like a good team but if they are not on they lose like they did against UCF. This was like UF tonight Hudson and the other transfer for UF couldn't knock down the outside shots and 3 points shots and when they are off they will get beat. I still believe as UK gets better and if they can get Vanderbilt and Baker back they will do fine in the SEC. It will be UK and Texas A&M in the top 2 in the SEC with Florida and a couple of other teams right behind them this year. We have to play outstanding 3 point defense against these teams like UF, TA&M, Auburn, and Arkansas and if we do we will do fine in the SEC. Hopefully we get Vanderbilt and Baker back for the SEC Season and March Madness.

This is not a good Florida St team either. They lost a ton. But anyway yeah when you rely solely on the 3 ball you can get beat by bad teams. This is why I can’t see Florida making the FF. They are going to have a game when they aren’t hitting and they have nothing to turn to when that happens. Also, Florida has no shot blockers at all. You can drive on them all day.
You can't just look at what a team loses to determine if they're better or worse than the year before. You need to look at who they've brought in and who is back, what their young players did the year before etc people always seem to do that with every team except the one they're a fan of. Florida St has a lot of good sophomores and juniors, and a decent senior in Cofer who's been hampered with injuries most of his career, also mj walker is a five star freshman. Florida St is not a bad team, they're 7-0. Their ceiling is about what it was last year imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT