ADVERTISEMENT

Florida coward just threw 2 sucker punches(elbows) at Fulkerson.

I've been on this board for 20-years now and I'll just go ahead and take the ban because I'm not interested in UK fans thoughts any longer. Absolutely classless to say a young man deserves to be in the hospital with a concussion because you don't like the way he plays basketball. Actually had some respect for you guys too but one bad year and your true colors show out. Appreciate the few posters ITT that aren't absolutely disgusting human beings. Carry on and goodbye

**** off.

I've been on this board for 20-years now and I'll just go ahead and take the ban because I'm not interested in UK fans thoughts any longer. Absolutely classless to say a young man deserves to be in the hospital with a concussion because you don't like the way he plays basketball. Actually had some respect for you guys too but one bad year and your true colors show out. Appreciate the few posters ITT that aren't absolutely disgusting human beings. Carry on and goodbye
No one in their right mind supports what happened there. It was a cheap shot against Fulkerson and he did not deserve that.

seeya

Reactions: DanCat17
giphy.gif

We'll miss your 3 posts in 14 years.

That Florida player knew what he wanted to do. What a jerk move from the FL kid. I don't like Fulkerson's game or his flops, but stuff like that doesn't belong in the game at all.

agreed. The punishment for things like this needs to be much harsher at all levels. But you have people defending it saying “it’s just part of the game” and “sports is getting so soft”. So it enables the sports governing bodies to keep giving minor suspensions that essentially amount to slaps on the wrists.

guys like Draymond Green, Chris Paul and several other stars in the league that have a reputation for cheap shots and dirty play should have been banned from the sport. Ron Artest was one of the worst offenders in recent memory. He should have been banned after the Detroit incident. They let him keep playing and a few years later he knocks Harden out for half a season with a cheap shot.

Stop letting dirty players stick around because they’re good.

Ron Artest was one of the worst offenders in recent memory. He should have been banned after the Detroit incident. They let him keep playing and a few years later he knocks Harden out for half a season with a cheap shot.
Not defending Ron Artest for going into the stands because no athlete ever should but the guy that threw that at him deserved an ass kicking, not just a suspension from the building.

That alone should burst their NCAA bubble

Well somehow we will be dancing even after the standard Coach White late year collapse. I just wish we would have lost the Vandy game now to get that 10/11 seed because now we are going to be stuck on that 8/9 line most likely with probably Gonzaga or Baylor if we were to luck up and win our first game.

Remind me again, who are you?

As far as the elbow... somewhere Bill Lambeer is smiling, nodding his head, and whispering "Yasss"

As far as suspensions, they should take a play outta the Gracey Allen playbook. Just let him play it out. If it's good enough for St. K, it's good enough for Coach Less White.

Reactions: LmdCat
Omar is actually a good kid, and I think he blindly threw the elbow. He was intending to swing, but I don’t think he wanted to land a flush shot to the head. That said - the elbow was intentional and damaging. He should be suspended, imo.

My thoughts on this are Fulkerson and Payne got tangled together, and then the worst that could have happened did. It's actually weird because I thought the second time Payne threw his elbow, he was staring away from Fulkerson and couldn't realize that going to hit Fulkerson's head. But he got a much bigger shot on that hit than he did on the first one when he was staring at Fulkerson and barely got him. Not to condone it, but I thought Fulkerson made the first hit look worse than it actually was and tried to get Payne back for it, but missed worse than Payne did.

both elbows to flopper intentional--sore loser not accepting reality--gators were gonna lose--

sadly, excuses for thuggery prevail

rr

Some of you are on Fantasy Island. If this happened to you on the court you'd be wanting to file charges. On here though you're bowing your necks. Too funny. He didn't mean to hit him. LMFAO. Comedic gold I say.

Ummm, according to the video I responded to, the guy in the blue uniform threw 2 elbows into the guy in the white uniform. Did you see something different? What did you see?
Some of you are on Fantasy Island. If this happened to you on the court you'd be wanting to file charges. On here though you're bowing your necks. Too funny. He didn't mean to hit him. LMFAO. Comedic gold I say.
Don't be so dramatic. It wasn't the right thing to do, but there is no way Fulkerson was hit like that for no reason. He did something to get knockout. Was it an over reaction? Sure it was, but if you are going to start some $hit, you can be certain that there is someone who will end it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ineverplayedthegame
agreed. The punishment for things like this needs to be much harsher at all levels. But you have people defending it saying “it’s just part of the game” and “sports is getting so soft”. So it enables the sports governing bodies to keep giving minor suspensions that essentially amount to slaps on the wrists.

guys like Draymond Green, Chris Paul and several other stars in the league that have a reputation for cheap shots and dirty play should have been banned from the sport. Ron Artest was one of the worst offenders in recent memory. He should have been banned after the Detroit incident. They let him keep playing and a few years later he knocks Harden out for half a season with a cheap shot.

Stop letting dirty players stick around because they’re good.
There is no crying in message board posting, so cut it out.
Fulkerson learned to not attempt to be a tough guy if you are a soft flopper.

I mean....is it dirty, yes. The first forearm bar to the upper chest then it looks like Ferguson started hanging on him. That’s when he threw the elbow that connected to the jaw. He’s fine. Play. Payne should be sidelined for at least 3 games.

Don't be so dramatic. It wasn't the right thing to do, but there is no way Fulkerson was hit like that for no reason. He did something to get knockout. Was it an over reaction? Sure it was, but if you are going to start some $hit, you can be certain that there is someone who will end it.

DA PLANE!!! DA PLANE!!!!!

in the chin, then the back of the head, then the head to the floor. sheesh.

It was a flagrant 2, thats why the rule is there. Elbows suck, just like getting beaned in baseball sucks. But this is hardly the first elbow thrown.

The forearm was the get "the fulk" to let go of his arm. It slide high and in today's game would have been a Flagrant 1 if the Refs saw it (while still missing the hold).

But here's where it all goes sideways. We can all agree an elbow to guy's temple is disgusting and low class. But if that video was from the other end of the floor, all you'll see is the Gator shove the defender holding him with his forearm, spin out of the hold, and throw a "GTF" off me elbow to the guy still draped on him. He had no way of knowing what, if anything, he was going to make contact with.

So I'm good with Flagrant 2, thats what the rule is for. I'm sorry the TN guy got his bell rung. It hurts. But this wasn't kicking a guy on the ground, sucker punching someone, or intentionally tripping someone. This was 2 bigs tangled up and one of them got his chin a little low at the wrong time.

Reactions: Ineverplayedthegame
Adios amigo. We barely knew ya! Congrats on your trust of the human spirit!

ADVERTISEMENT