ADVERTISEMENT

Flat Earth to Kyrie Irving

There are plenty of idiots out there This is more concerning:

Gurol says his students got the idea of a flat planet from basketball star Kyrie Irving, who said as much on a podcast.

Flat Earther-ism, in the present form, is nothing more than neo-solipsism that rejects science as a white surpremicist construct. The goal is to argue the point in such a way that it can't be refuted on the spot, thereby creating an equivocation between the views.

It evitably boils down to a "they" who tell you the earth is round but can't prove it. The heart of Flat Eartherism is not lost on the article the OP posted. It's intent is to get children to reject the teachings of authority and eventually become "woke" as to the true nature of reality.

Flat Earther-ism, in the present form, is nothing more than neo-solipsism that rejects science as a white surpremicist construct. The goal is to argue the point in such a way that it can't be refuted on the spot, thereby creating an equivocation between the views.

It evitably boils down to a "they" who tell you the earth is round but can't prove it. The heart of Flat Eartherism is not lost on the article the OP posted. It's intent is to get children to reject the teachings of authority and eventually become "woke" as to the true nature of reality.
That's just what I was going to say.

Kyrie definitely believes it, even tho some of his fans tried to spin his comments to say he was "just making a point." Nah, he really believes it lol. If you get on Facebook you will see there's a whole army of flat-earthers, its pretty funny stuff

Well that's incredibly frightening

Ignorance is both infinite and unbounded.

My proof consists of two words.

Kyrie Irving.

I can offer an alternate but noncontradictory argument in two words.

Duke Sucks!!

I know someone who is totally in the tank for flat eartherism. It is just another of those who join into the conspiracy theory of the day. He is a 9-11 truther and the rest. Honestly it is pot induced paranoia that makes most of its adherents join in. It is a a grand conspiracy. The moon landing etc.... everything is CGI.

Basically the earth is flat with a 200' ice cliff around its entire perimeter known as Antarctica. Then there is a dome above everything. Its so stupid....but they just tell us that we cannot prove everything is not CGI.

I know someone who is totally in the tank for flat eartherism. It is just another of those who join into the conspiracy theory of the day. He is a 9-11 truther and the rest. Honestly it is pot induced paranoia that makes most of its adherents join in. It is a a grand conspiracy. The moon landing etc.... everything is CGI.

Basically the earth is flat with a 200' ice cliff around its entire perimeter known as Antarctica. Then there is a dome above everything. Its so stupid....but they just tell us that we cannot prove everything is not CGI.

I've known a lot of people that smoke the pots that would never entertain the idea of a flat earth. This man you speak of probably has less pot induced paranoia and more stupidity working against him.

Its flat to me....

flat+stanley.jpg

I hate those Neopolitans. Never can make up their mind . . . pick a flavor for crying out loud

I really don't think anyone is dumb enough to be that the earth is flat. But with today's school system and the snowflakes you never know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It's not a question of dumb. Conspiracy theories are spreading like the plague these days. I know several very smart people under 30 that believe that the Titanic never existed, it was just government propaganda. There are tons of similar nut job like conspiracies out there and our young seem to be ill equipped to process them.

Reactions: westerncat
I have to wonder about those that think the Earth is flat. Do they also think there is a totally different civilization on the other side??? Maybe inhabited by little green men?

Reactions: MegaBlue05
And where does all the water go from the oceans if the earth is flat? It is just really hard to believe that people are that dumb.

Democrats, every one.

Stick with your beliefs but, by the way, it's "too" not "to". Kind of weakens the argument.
Democrats? Shit. Most scientists are Democrats, and most of the Bible-thumping blowhards that believe the Earth is flat and only 6,000 years old are Republicans. GTFOH with that bullshit.

Reactions: shep21754

That's a solid theory, but there's a guy over on the Paddock known as Brushy Bill who claims to believe this stuff and he seems like a guy who might not mind a little white supremacy. (If he's genuine and not a "negative stereotypes of right-wingers" troll account.)

Dude is less likely to be "woke" and was more likely to be cosplaying in Charlottesville on Saturday.

See for yourselves.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...-not-a-planet-in-an-infinite-universe.232205/

Democrats? Shit. Most scientists are Democrats, and most of the Bible-thumping blowhards that believe the Earth is flat and only 6,000 years old are Republicans. GTFOH with that bullshit.

I could even argue that flat-eartherism extends beyond partisan politics. It's something only an idiot could believe, and given there's plenty of idiots from a wide swath of backgrounds in the Republican and Democratic parties, it's hard to pin this on one ideology.

Although, if I were a betting man, I'd wager the "side" that backs religion over science is likely worse about buying into BS conspiracy theories because gullibility is unfortunately something SOME of these folks are prone to.

That's a solid theory, but there's a guy over on the Paddock known as Brushy Bill who claims to believe this stuff and he seems like a guy who might not mind a little white supremacy. (If he's genuine and not a "negative stereotypes of right-wingers" troll account.)

Dude is less likely to be "woke" and was more likely to be cosplaying in Charlottesville on Saturday.

See for yourselves.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...-not-a-planet-in-an-infinite-universe.232205/

I first encountered Bushy in that thread. Definitely not a Democrat/liberal. His posts drew me into the Political Thread because he posts there, too. I'll never make that mistake again.

Flat earthers fall in two basic categories: literal Bible interpreters and New Age-y types.

Scary stuff, and it's spreading.

Edit: I don't want to start a political thing here, but I have a strange suspicion that Bushy and a few others are paid "dis-informers" who do nothing but post in the Paddock (specifically the political thread).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it strange when people post on a UK sports forum, have thousands of post, and NEVER ONCE post in a sports-related thread. Not once. You can check some post histories and find those people.

There are a subgroup of posters over there who just post article after article after article, politics related, and have never once posted anything UK sports related.

I'm a pretty liberal person in most topics (not all) but I, like most of you, spend my time and energy checking this board and posting here because I love UK sports. Makes me question those who are drawn here and don't post in a sports thread...

Last edited:
Maybe they are right and we are wrong. I have a brother that lives in Thailand and when we talk on Skype he is not upside down. So, the earth must be flat. Also, how do you know the Moon isn't made of cheese? We know that the whole moon landing was a stunt they did in a remote part of Nevada.

When I went to UK I had to do work as part of my course at Eastern State Mental Hospital. It was locked, secured, and fenced. One patient explained to me that the Lexington police were from Venus and were after him all the time because he was from Mars. One Friday he said goodbye and said he is going back to Mars. On Monday, he was gone! No one had any idea how he escaped. However, everyone was confident he would be found pretty quickly considering his condition. He was never seen again! True Story and if we ever do make it to Mars, he might be there to greet us.

Duke is obviously way ahead of us on teaching facts such as the Flat earth. Kyrie, continue to represent your school as well as you do.

ADVERTISEMENT