ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY!!!

Feb 21, 2018
First official practice and weekend scrimmages:

*At the Cliff

Fri 4:30 pm
Sat 9 am (parking will be a mess since the football game is at noon, have to park in the library garage if you don't have a pass)
Sun 2:25 pm

If you're going to any of them then it would be really great if you could give us a quick little report of anyone that stands out.

Reactions: micatz
A little sloppy today, as is probably expected.

Some defensive lapses cost all of the pitchers. Mingione wasn't too happy with them in the field.

Offensively, super-aggressive on the basepaths. A lot of "take-its," as the Cats call them.

Coltyn Kessler connected on a bomb over the RF fence. An absolute no-doubter. Freshman Austin Schultz almost homered, too, hitting one high off the RF fence. He has the look of a player.

I liked what I saw from two juco signees, Dalton Reed and Breydon Daniel. They're from Seminole State College. Both big, physically mature players. This UK team as a whole is much more physical looking than previous ones.

Anyway, I digress... Reed looks like he could be a really good hitter. Had two beautiful line drives today.

Pitching was a mixed bag, but I thought both starters, Zack Thompson and Ben Jordan (6-9, 260-pound redshirt freshman from West Carter HS coming off TJS) threw the ball well.

A little sloppy today, as is probably expected.

Some defensive lapses cost all of the pitchers. Mingione wasn't too happy with them in the field.

Offensively, super-aggressive on the basepaths. A lot of "take-its," as the Cats call them.

Coltyn Kessler connected on a bomb over the RF fence. An absolute no-doubter. Freshman Austin Schultz almost homered, too, hitting one high off the RF fence. He has the look of a player.

I liked what I saw from two juco signees, Dalton Reed and Breydon Daniel. They're from Seminole State College. Both big, physically mature players. This UK team as a whole is much more physical looking than previous ones.

Anyway, I digress... Reed looks like he could be a really good hitter. Had two beautiful line drives today.

Pitching was a mixed bag, but I thought both starters, Zack Thompson and Ben Jordan (6-9, 260-pound redshirt freshman from West Carter HS coming off TJS) threw the ball well.
Thought Jordan went to Male

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT