ADVERTISEMENT

Feeling better about Wiseman and Justus.

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
Just heard a pod cast and read an article from Kyle Tucker that stopped by to see Wiseman on his way to ARK game. The news sounds great. He didn't dismiss the 2018 season like before, he's so young if he did come next year he would have to play 2 yrs of college under the NBA current rules. (Or at least 2 years after this year until he can go to NBA). They talked to him about the Penny thing and to a guy close to the program and that person said, 'He's going to Kentucky. He tells everybody that." That he loves Penny but he's going to be a cat. He;s been watching a lot of tape on KAT. Anything is possible, but after I heard this I felt a lot better.

Also when i'm wrong I admit it. I wasn't as much wrong LOL as I didn't really know much about Justus. So I was wondering if he was the right guy. The podcast talks about Joel is in good with the Wiseman family and flew 5000 miles to watch him play in Argentina. WOW! James said he was the only one there and it meant a lot to him. That he's been in touch since his freshman year and he really likes him. Wiseman's mother likes him a lot too. Quoted saying, "Aw Joel", when asked about him. She likes him and the importance he puts on family. So sounds good with Wiseman and Justus. I feel much better about both of them now. Sorry little Penny LOL.

Last edited:
Just heard a pod cast from Kyle Tucker that stopped by to see Wiseman on his way to ARK game. The news sounds great. He didn't dismiss the 2018 season like before, he's so young if he did come next year he would have to play 2 yrs of college under the NBA current rules. (Or at least 2 years after this year until he can go to NBA). They talked to him about the Penny thing and to a guy close to the program and that person said.'He's going to Kentucky. He tells everybody that." That he loves Penny but he's going to be a cat. He;s been watching a lot of tape on KAT. Anything is possible, but after I heard this I felt a lot better.

Also when i'm wrong I admit it. I wasn't as much wrong LOL as I didn't really know much about Justus. So I was wondering if he was the right guy. The podcast talks about Joel is in god with the Wiseman family and flew 5000 miles to watch him play in Argentina. WOW! James said he was the only one there and it meant a lot to him. That he's been in touch since his freshman year and he really likes him. Wiseman's mother likes him a lot too. Quoted saying, "Aw Joel", when asked about him. She likes him and his importance of family. So sounds good with Wiseman and Justus. I feel much better about both of them now. Sorry little Penny LOL.
Barbee is who we need rid of

Barbee is who we need rid of

I keep seeing stuff like this written on this site. But have yet to see anyone give any factual information on why any of the staff needs to go. Not sure how anyone outside the basketball program is in a position to know the overall performance of a coach, and why a coach deserves to lose his job.

Glad I don't work for some on this site. My work ethic is off the chart but a lot of what I do doesn't show up in anyone's records. What I do if it's completed correctly keeps things from happening and keeps people from noticing. Geez, I'd be fired by now if who I worked for was as quick with a trigger based on outward appearances. Luckily my bosses take time to learn my job and devise metric's for their success. (I work to make them look good.) A coach or two may not be cutting it but I doubt highly that anyone on this site is qualified to make that determination....jmuo

Last edited:
None of really know the inner working of the program and are talking of our ass when we claim to know she value of any of our assistants. We had to get rid of Justus just last week because he didnt do anyyhing on this very board, now he's a superstar.

Some here are so completely irrational about the coaches, have absolutely zero clue about whats going on and in Barbees case hate him because he sucked as a head coach. Cal would not keep around any chumps friends or not.

Reactions: Sejonesy
None of really know the inner working of the program and are talking of our ass when we claim to know she value of any of our assistants. We had to get rid of Justus just last week because he didnt do anyyhing on this very board, now he's a superstar.

Don't miss the forest for the trees. I said in OP I didn't know much about him, clearly stated sounds like he's doing a good job. Plus main point of the whole post was sounds like good news with Wiseman. No Penny steal, 2 yrs of him at UK is possible, good news. I could have just posted the news on Wiseman but i'm glad when anyone (coach or player) does well. Was good to hear 2 positive things, 1 on ast. coach and 1 on Wiseman.

Don't miss the forest for the trees. I said in OP I didn't know much about him, clearly stated sounds like he's doing a good job. Plus main point of the whole post was sounds like good news with Wiseman. No Penny steal, 2 yrs of him at UK is possible, good news. I could have just posted the news on Wiseman but i'm glad when anyone (coach or player) does well. Was good to hear 2 positive things, 1 on ast. coach and 1 on Wiseman.
My post wasn't about you, your post was based on information from Kyle Tucker, it was meant to be about the people who were trashing him last week when they don't have any idea of what he actually does for the program.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Honestly I think a lot of the recruiting issues comes from the fact that Cal would never offer juniors so it kinda put us behind a bit. Lately though he's offering early and that's a good thing.it was never about Barbee, he seems to bust his butt at all the camps during the summer circuit.

My post wasn't about you, your post was based on information from Kyle Tucker, it was meant to be about the people who were trashing him last week when they don't have any idea of what he actually does for the program.

Got you, cool, just wanted to get the good news out. Sorry still new first week I would put up what I thought was a good post and have people spellcheck me in fat fingering keys and blast post. Easy to get a little defensive here I guess LOL. Thought you meant me when I was trying to point out sounds like he is doing good. Your right, sounds like trashing him isn't fair. Especially if he lands Wiseman!

Last edited:
There have been a few of us trying to tell people Justus was the real deal. Half the board to seemed to want him gone, which is ridiculous. He brought in Quickly and Bam. He's the furthest thing from the problem, Barbee is. He cant be lead guy.

If we let Justus go, I'd bet cash he ends up on UNC or Kansas' bench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT