ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Scandal Hypothetical

harlanhomeboy

Sophomore
Feb 5, 2003
Let’s say all the current HOF coaches are implicated (Cal, K, Izzo, Williams, Boehim, Self). Furthermore, let’s say Kentucky lost its 2012 title. Would it maybe be worth it to you if it meant Duke also losing 2010 and 2015 titles, UNCheat losing 2005, 2009, and 2017 titles and Kansas losing 2008 title? I’m thinking maybe so lol

It takes FBI to spell fib. This is BS. They are clueless. They tried to trick schools into self reporting and that didn't work. They stumbled onto LilBro with a dirty agent who used taxpayer funds for personal gain. The FBI is a joke.

It takes FBI to spell fib. This is BS. They are clueless. They tried to trick schools into self reporting and that didn't work. They stumbled onto LilBro with a dirty agent who used taxpayer funds for personal gain. The FBI is a joke.

People better be worried about the FBI no matter what ideology you prefer. What has gone on this past year is exactly why They will never get the citizens firearms, and why some of us are paranoid as hell about it.

Let’s say all the current HOF coaches are implicated (Cal, K, Izzo, Williams, Boehim, Self). Furthermore, let’s say Kentucky lost its 2012 title. Would it maybe be worth it to you if it meant Duke also losing 2010 and 2015 titles, UNCheat losing 2005, 2009, and 2017 titles and Kansas losing 2008 title? I’m thinking maybe so lol
Ur an idiot

Looking at their recent recruiting classes, I doubt Izzo or Williams will be implicated.

This whole thing revolves around top rated one-and-done recruits who have been paid to commit to certain schools. So the schools landing the elite recruiting classes full of top NBA prospects (Arizona, Duke, UK, Ku) will be in the crosshairs. As well as the commitments that seemed odd (Ben Simmons to LSU, Jaylen Brown to Cal, Brian Bowen and Louisville, Colin Sexton to Bama, etc...)

It doesn't mean those schools are guilty. But they will be in the crosshairs.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
People better be worried about the FBI no matter what ideology you prefer. What has gone on this past year is exactly why They will never get the citizens firearms, and why some of us are paranoid as hell about it.
Yep. You need to remember this is the same organization that said they were clueless where to follow up on the Cruz YouTube statement when his damn name was above the statement.

Duke is the big fish in all this. I know you all see me post this on occasion but it's the only thing that makes sense.

It's all there once you unravel it. Look at their top recruits recently and look at their finalists. It's almost always schools in this mess.

Combine that with knowing Nike was bidding on Bowen. Gatto came from Nike and initiated this money deal with Adidas.

It's all there. Will it come out? That's the only question

The Kansas 2008 "fictional championship" already has an asterisk next to it since they used a player that had grades changed in high school which really made him ineligible.

Reactions: the stat man
No frickin way,absolutely not.

I mean ultimately I agree with the consensus that I’d prefer not to the above scenario because of the taint on college basketball as a whole. Just showing that if we are somehow involved along with the other HOF coaches they may lose more than we would.

It would be more like steroids in MLB where everything would move on but with asterisks.

People use “ur” when they don’t know the difference between your/you’re.

Nah just messing around. I'm actually shocked no one has called him out yet on it. Thought I'd try my hand at being humorous.

Plus, I agree. The OP is an idiotic post. That would absolutely kill CBB as we know it and as much as we want to have major changes to the system, we don't want that kind of change. Just stupid.

I would never trade a championship we won to reduce the amount of championships my rival won. Mutual self-destruction is a weak-minded persons idea of victory. If you aren't good enough to win, then tip your hat and congratulate your opponent for a well played contest. Be a man.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It would be more like steroids in MLB where everything would move on but with asterisks.

Doubt it. I think this has the ability to destroy the game we love. Or at least change it so much that we barely recognize it. The difference with Steroids in MLB and paying kids to go to schools in CBB is that in Baseball EVERYONE (whether they were caught or not) was involved in either taking them or in covering the use of them up. Every single team had someone doping and the players all knew who they were. In CBB on a very small % of the teams are able to pay or have the shoe companies pay the kids. If they allow the offending parties get away with it, then it will cause a huge divide in the sport, one that I do not think will be able to overcome. Punishment will absolutely be necessary.

If they did implicate Duke, Uk, UNC, the JailHawks, UofSmell Arizona and ten more schools now who do you think they would go after first , and who do you think would be last ? They would wait till Rat face is dead and buried to investigate !!

Reactions: blubo
This story broke with UL,Aub,Ariz and others just about the time the season started.It captured national attention,UL fell apart and KU covered up the Preston story(KU covering up something is pretty normal) but business as usual went on everywhere else.Now we are near tournament time and here we go again,something doesn't seem right.Could the media be driving this train? The NCAA has no decision on UL as of yet(yes separate issue) but why the hold up.It seems the whole season has been played under something other than normal circumstances.Oh,we can't leave out the rush to judgement regarding Izzo , Michigan St and the incident from 8 years ago.

Will the illegal activity of these 3 dozen or 50(or what ever the number is)schools come out within the next month or so.Has the FBI continued work on cases involving schools and shoe companies,what about the FBI agent accused of wrong doing in the investigation.Are we part of a made for t v movie or is this real life?The timing of the widespread scandals re-appearance in the news is suspect.Too bad we don't have a single news source that we can count on to tell us the truth about anything.

I'm skeptical about all of this, not saying its not going on but if they had the proof info would leak. It reminds me of something we use to do in school were you have 30 kids in class. First kid whispers info in ear of kid sitting behind them and so on. By the the time the info gets to the last kid in class its totally different info from what was first whispered. Just my take

fa9d74d15d9e76fd0e4e15b5aaa78ec0.jpg

This story broke with UL,Aub,Ariz and others just about the time the season started.It captured national attention,UL fell apart and KU covered up the Preston story(KU covering up something is pretty normal) but business as usual went on everywhere else.Now we are near tournament time and here we go again,something doesn't seem right.Could the media be driving this train? The NCAA has no decision on UL as of yet(yes separate issue) but why the hold up.It seems the whole season has been played under something other than normal circumstances.Oh,we can't leave out the rush to judgement regarding Izzo , Michigan St and the incident from 8 years ago.

Will the illegal activity of these 3 dozen or 50(or what ever the number is)schools come out within the next month or so.Has the FBI continued work on cases involving schools and shoe companies,what about the FBI agent accused of wrong doing in the investigation.Are we part of a made for t v movie or is this real life?The timing of the widespread scandals re-appearance in the news is suspect.Too bad we don't have a single news source that we can count on to tell us the truth about anything.

10 years of female abuse is a rush to judgement? That’s why the ncaa is shaking as they are implicated in a cover up. An incident?
Two players assaulting women and then an assistant coach assaults women with a punch to her face and disappears from the staff without a word.
Your rush to judgement is the problem we all have and are waiting for the next bombshell to sum things up but the factors aren’t known yet, Particulars are coming in drips and drabs but not filling our palate with much to chew in themselves but gathered into an investigation , it’s huge.
Let the cake bake.
The Ncaa cannot continue charging violators when the rule book just got busted.

If Penn State still has a football program, then nothing the NCAA can do worries me in the slightest.

10 years of female abuse is a rush to judgement? That’s why the ncaa is shaking as they are implicated in a cover up. An incident?
Two players assaulting women and then an assistant coach assaults women with a punch to her face and disappears from the staff without a word.
Your rush to judgement is the problem we all have and are waiting for the next bombshell to sum things up but the factors aren’t known yet, Particulars are coming in drips and drabs but not filling our palate with much to chew in themselves but gathered into an investigation , it’s huge.
Let the cake bake.
The Ncaa cannot continue charging violators when the rule book just got busted.
The police interview tell a different story,much of what you say has merit but some(with regard to Izzo) does not.

Would you like all of Cals wins, four final fours and the NC lost? Hell NO!

Reactions: Cindog28
Well we know what will happen to Duke and UNC if they're implicated...A couple non revenue sports will be hit with suspensions and scholarship cuts, some academic tutors will be found responsible, and a "rogue" assistant athletic director will be fired...

Reactions: Cindog28
“Cold Dead Hands” brother. Cold Dead Hands..........

Reactions: morgousky
Self reporting what?

Would it maybe be worth it to you if it meant Duke also losing 2010 and 2015 titles, UNCheat losing 2005, 2009, and 2017 titles and Kansas losing 2008 title? I’m thinking maybe so lol

Wonder what would happen in 2008 if Kansas lost that title? It wouldn't go to runner-up Memphis who had the season vacated. So maybe the other two FF teams, UNC and UCLA, would be declared co-champions?

You have to be joking. No way on earth is that worth it. Besides there is no way on earth the NCAA will ever allow Duke or UNC to lose even an exhibition game let alone a national title. Even if all those coaches mentioned got caught the NCAA would still find a way that it's different for UNC and Duke. With the UNC thing this summer that NCAA has made it clear that it doesn't even pretend to have even standards.

Wonder what would happen in 2008 if Kansas lost that title? It wouldn't go to runner-up Memphis who had the season vacated. So maybe the other two FF teams, UNC and UCLA, would be declared co-champions?

It's simply vacated and there is no champion.

Reactions: CondorCat
I certainly hope UK and Cal aren’t implicated in this FBI probe. But I would be absolutely thrilled if Duke and Ratface were. The meltdown at ESPN and the ACC lovers would be epic to watch.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT