ADVERTISEMENT

FBI arrests several NCAA basketball coaches

HOLY ADDIDAS!!!!!

Tubby Smith and Memphis are supposedly program #13. Over half a million in payments for several recruits ranging from years '14-'17!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ALL OVER TWATTER!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone fall for it?

My immediate thot was it would be a complete role reversal for the Tubster, seeing as how he reputedly avoided the whole AAU thing, which hurt him severely in being able to recruit.

Reactions: morgousky
Never saw that before. That sucks.

Yeah, having an NBA Hall of Famer would've been nice to go along with those 95 and 96 teams. He's a class act as well and one of my favorites ever.

But he could see that Pitino was a d-bag apparently.

Yeah, having an NBA Hall of Famer would've been nice to go along with those 95 and 96 teams. He's a class act as well and one of my favorites ever.

But he could see that Pitino was a d-bag apparently.

What's funny about it is his statement on the food deal is when you look at Cals tools. One of the things MKG's mother likes about Cal was his "down to earth" personality. She recalled Cal coming into their house on a recruiting visit and slamming down on the couch because he was tired, like he lived there lol. Before he even talked basketball he asked what was for dinner.

Random tweet I got a chuckle from.

olan @NationWideNolan·41m

Pitino, Jim Larranaga, Brad Underwood, Sean Miller, Andy Enfield, Bruce Pearl: you know when a player sneezes. Good luck

I don't believe it's as serious as the outlets are screaming. Yea, college athletics are corrupt. So are the pro's. So are a lot of the high school levels, the money just isn't as large and "Jordans" aren't involved.

Replace the system and the newest system will be worse than before, controlled by the inmates themselves. As long as players and parents wants cash, and the reps want the signatures, they will always find a way.
Seriously? Put the bottle down.

Watching SVP and Scott says that 50 more schools could be added as early as tomorrow.
CBS sports radio host earlier said if half of what he was hearing was true, college basketball would be brought to its knees.

Watching SVP and Scott says that 50 more schools could be added as early as tomorrow.
I thought Goodman was the one who said it could turn into 50 if some of the guys arrested today, flip. He was just guessing the same as us

0926-chuck-person-lamont-evans-tony-bland-book-richardson-getty-composite-1200x630.jpg

This kind of reminds me somewhat of the time when ESPN was firing people, just waiting for the next "shoes" to drop to see who's next!

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Felt like I needed to post in this thread. Missed it the other day because I have the OP on ignore.

This noise on this has died down quite a bit , are the Jailhawks going to avoid yet another scandal ?

This noise on this has died down quite a bit , are the Jailhawks going to avoid yet another scandal ?

They were already implicated. About the aamestime capel flew the coup to a midling Pitt job.

Of course that's about the time the media stopped paying attention....

ADVERTISEMENT