ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Live Albums

Slip, Stitch and Pass.
th

The "Cities" cover... the transition between "Wolfman's Brother" jam into the collective slow down into 'Jesus Just left Chicago' is a total 30-minute face melter. Trey had the wah turned WAY up for the entire set. Great album. Forgot how good it is.

I was trying to think of something that hasn't already been mentioned and remembered one of my favorites; Warren Zevon: Stand in the Fire. It was recorded at the Roxy. It's a very good live album. I prefer most the live versions on the album to the studio versions of the songs.

Funny thing is, the Chris Robinson Brotherhhod has made some really great records.

I think Chris got bored with the band. They're all assholes, as I understand, anyway.
Chris is by far the biggest asshole. The reason The band split is because Chris wanted full control of the name and for the rest of the band members to be hired employees. Including Rich, his brother and Steve, who has been there since day 1. Rich and Steve told him no and that was there end of it.

Sam Cooke - “One Night Stand! Live at the Harlem Square Club, 1963”

And while I’m not really a fan of Neil Young, I do like “Live Rust.”

In no particular order..

Sammy Hagar - "All Night Long"
Ted Nugent - "Double Live Gonzo"
Thin Lizzy - "Live And Dangerous"
Joe Cocker - "Mad Dogs & Englishmen"
BB King - "Live At The Regal"
Sonny Landreth -"Grant Street Live"
Ronnie Earl - "Blues Guitar Virtuoso Live In Europe"
North Mississippi Allstars - "Hill Country Revue"
Grand Funk - "Caught In the Act"
The J Geils Band - "Blow Your Face Out"

Too bad we can't technically list those Double Door Inn recordings, huh?

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Has there ever been a song known for it's live version more than the studio version like I Want You to Want Me?
Every song on Frampton Comes Alive.

I've owned this on CD, 8 track, and 2 albums (wore the first out).

I'm in the minority on this, but I love this version of Jumpin Jack Flash. Sure, its not worthy of the original... but what is?

ADVERTISEMENT