ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Cut of Chicken Wings

How do you like them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never even heard the term flats until two days ago and now this poll. Weird

And boneless should be an option...

Reactions: homeytheclown
When I leave Indi’s or Richies (Grimes’s [eyeroll]) I usually don’t make it onto New Circle before I’m reaching into the greasy bag. That’s drummettes time, sports fans. Flats have to wait.

Last edited:
You spelled ‘nuggets’ incorrectly.

I will certainly eat wings but I honestly don’t know the difference between traditional and the drummies/flats. I thought the drummies/flats were traditional wings. Never heard of tips either.

Hot BBQ boneless at BW’s though is my go to.

Is traditional considered "whole" wings? Love drumettes and flats, but I love finding a place that has whole wings. There used to be a BBQ joint here that had whole smoked wings that were other worldly. They had smoked corn on the cob too. Man I miss that place. Right now, Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville is the closest place I can find for whole wings, and while they're damn good, they don't match up to those smoked wings.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Is traditional considered "whole" wings? Love drumettes and flats, but I love finding a place that has whole wings. There used to be a BBQ joint here that had whole smoked wings that were other worldly. They had smoked corn on the cob too. Man I miss that place. Right now, Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville is the closest place I can find for whole wings, and while they're damn good, they don't match up to those smoked wings.
Joella’s in Middletown has whole.

I honestly don’t know the difference between traditional and the drummies/flats.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Never even heard the term flats until two days ago and now this poll. Weird

And boneless should be an option...
NO. It Shouldn't. Boneless wings are for 8 year olds. You can get 10 of them for a buck at BK. You do realize "Boneless" wings typically aren't even wing meat?

Not really sure what Drummettes or Tips are. I just know one is easier to eat than the other, but I'll take both.

I'll tell you what I don't like. Places that call them Buffalo Wings when their sauce is a mix of buffalo and BBQ. Lots of pizza places seem to do this and it's bullshit.

Do you all just not know what a chicken wing looks like or what? Deductive reasoning will tell you what each piece is.

images

I mean, I had an idea where the "tip" would be, just didn't think people ate that part. I also figured a drummette was another name for those little miniature wings that shouldn't count for shit.

Flats = Flappers to me.

I like both but prefer flappers, garlic-parm/naked are my go tos anymore.

NO. It Shouldn't. Boneless wings are for 8 year olds. You can get 10 of them for a buck at BK. You do realize "Boneless" wings typically aren't even wing meat?

I honestly don’t think BW’s has been a successful franchise because 8 year olds indulge in their boneless wings. Regardless if it it isn’t real wing meat or not I still enjoy them as I do the traditional wings as well which no one has still answered what differentiates a traditional wing from drummies/flats. A traditional wing only comes in a drum or flat variety so what am I missing?

I honestly don’t think BW’s has been a successful franchise because 8 year olds indulge in their boneless wings. Regardless if it it isn’t real wing meat or not I still enjoy them as I do the traditional wings as well which no one has still answered what differentiates a traditional wing from drummies/flats. A traditional wing only comes in a drum or flat variety so what am I missing?
Traditional wing is the whole wing. All the parts.

Reactions: Mashburned
Traditional wing is the whole wing. All the parts.
Not really, most menus use it to differentiate between the "traditional" bone-in wings and the glorified chicken nuggets made from breast meat. So Yes Traditional should not technically be on the list when discussing wings unless your going to put that other way on there too.

Roosters for example, has drummies, then their Wingettes include the tips attached. they don't give you the whole wing intact.

"Flats" in this thread would be Wingettes in the real world. I don't think the OP was fully educated on his Wing vernacular when he created this thread.

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
Not really, most menus use it to differentiate between the "traditional" bone-in wings and the glorified chicken nuggets made from breast meat. So Yes Traditional should not technically be on the list when discussing wings unless your going to put that other way on there too.

Roosters for example, has drummies, then their Wingettes include the tips attached. they don't give you the whole wing intact.

"Flats" in this thread would be Wingettes in the real world. I don't think the OP was fully educated on his Wing vernacular when he created this thread.
A better term would be 'whole' wing. Still, I'm pretty sure that's what the OP meant.

Speaking of not being "fully educated," did you actually read your next-to-last paragraph?

ADVERTISEMENT