ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Look for Jerome Ford to be the featured back in Cleveland. ONLY 7 carries yesterday, but 69 yards. Foreman had 14 carries but only 42 yards. Ford is about to get more work.

Also, raise your hand if you have Derek Carr as a starting fantasy QB ??? Well it is time to do so, at WORST, backup roster spot if you have a stud (top 5-7 guy). Smaller leagues (10 or less), I would say he is on the waiver wire.

Look for Jerome Ford to be the featured back in Cleveland. ONLY 7 carries yesterday, but 69 yards. Foreman had 14 carries but only 42 yards. Ford is about to get more work.

Also, raise your hand if you have Derek Carr as a starting fantasy QB ??? Well it is time to do so, at WORST, backup roster spot if you have a stud (top 5-7 guy). Smaller leagues (10 or less), I would say he is on the waiver wire.

I feel like Ford is rostered almost every where. I did like him pre-draft though, as one of my RBs if I went RB Zero.

Derek Carr has always been pretty solid, he just had bad staff and a team in turmoil with Oakland. I think I saw a stat about the 2020 draft class for them (headlined by Henry Ruggs) that was comically bad.

I have Jaden Daniels across all 3 leagues. One league has Kyler and the other has A-rich.. so I'm sure at some point I might grab Carr. A -Rich and Daniels are starting to worry me a bit with their passing.

With Chubb out, of course people have Ford. My point was, he will likely be the starter and get a larger workload going forward. He had 12 carries for 44 yards and 1 TD against Dallas, and Foreman didn't get 1 carry. Yesterday, Ford only got 7 carries and Foreman got 14. It was odd, Foreman going from 0 to 14 and getting more work with twice the carries as Ford. Ford still outplayed him with half the carries. He, IMO has earned the featured back role.

Keep your eye on Minnesota Defense. They are the highest scoring defense so far, and got there despite playing San Fran yesterday.

They added a lot of nice pieces in the off season and I think like 3 of their first 4 draft picks were defense. They still have Chicago x2, LAR (likely without Kupp and possibly Puka), GB without Love, Tenn, Indy, Jax, Atl, and a Jets offense that still looks iffy. The only good QBs they play will be Stroud next week, Goff x2 if you want to count him, Kyler, and that's it.

They have a bye week 6 so people might not want to grab them, but with how bad the supposedly elite defenses looked so far, they might be a league winner.

Reactions: GeraldV
The WR for San Diego deserves some looks. Quentin Johnson. maybe as a stash and see more.

He's up there as well if I can't get Jaxon. But otherwise I think this might be kind of a weak waiver week. Aside from egregious drops in your league.. we're looking at Quentin Johnson, Carson Steele and just a bunch of other journeymen. This is the time to let others get desperate and waste their waiver money/spot, and then also see who they dropped.

Man, Alvin Kamara kicked major Cowboy ass.

Loved his numbers for my team, but hated it for my Boyz.

I was low on him in all my drafts. Just didn't think he had much left in the tank, and the Saints offense was bad last year.

Heard on a fantasy football podcast that the Saints were basically dead last in pre-snap motion last year, and they are 1st this year. The other two teams with very high pre-snap motion are Seattle and the Bucs.. Three teams doing pretty well from an offensive standpoint, and all three have new O-cordinators I believe.

.. and there's my Jets, pretending this is football in the 80s.

He's up there as well if I can't get Jaxon. But otherwise I think this might be kind of a weak waiver week. Aside from egregious drops in your league.. we're looking at Quentin Johnson, Carson Steele and just a bunch of other journeymen. This is the time to let others get desperate and waste their waiver money/spot, and then also see who they dropped.
Agree. Which is why I said maybe stash and wait to see more. Make sure he is consistent and not a "one hit wonder".

459115216_1596922481250619_850736721148005746_n.png

Williams is gone, picked up. ^ How's this look?

Reactions: kybloo92

I'm ditching Keon Coleman & Jared Goff too. Rather stream a QB like Geno Smith during Josh Allen's bye and roll the dice that the rest of my roster will do well. I get the upside with Coleman, but fantasy football is too short to wait for him to catch up to speed. Shakir seems to be Allen's guy early on with Diggs gone and says everyone eats in that offense after the game last week. Chiefs also signed Kareem Hunt to the practice squad today until he gets up to speed with the playbook. Love the Robinson add. He'll get a lot of targets with Puka & Kupp hurt.

Reactions: J_Dee
5th in waivers on that shit league I mentioned. I lost Kupp to injury, so I put in for JSN.. The 4th guy on waivers gets it. Which hurts.. But even worse.. guys 1, 2 and 3, never used theirs this week.. so all I did was more one spot to 4th.

It's going to be near impossible to win in a 12 man league if you can't scoop up someone on Waivers until week 6 lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
I got Baker Mayfield for Goff (Jalen Hurts is on bye week five, and the Bucs play the Falcons that week), the Raiders D for the Ravens D (the Raiders play Carolina this week), and Tyler Johnson for Keon Coleman. Pretty good for being 7th on waivers, I hope.

I got raiders too.. my only worry here is the QB change and that seems almost historically a trap game when it comes to fantasy defenses.

I do like the prospect of Max Crosby and company maybe getting like 3 or 4 sacks and a TO.

I got raiders too.. my only worry here is the QB change and that seems almost historically a trap game when it comes to fantasy defenses.

I do like the prospect of Max Crosby and company maybe getting like 3 or 4 sacks and a TO.

"Andy [Dalton] gives us our best chance moving forward,'' Canales said.

In 2024, if you're a Carolina fan, that's something that you never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever want to read. But for those of us who have the Raiders defense...FRACK YEAAAAH. XD

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I received a trade proposal Ja'Marr Chase & Mark Andrews for Calvin Ridley & Sam LaPorta on my team. Really interested in Chase over Ridley with Levis throwing to him. My back up TE is Zach Ertz. Other WRs Amon-Ra St. Brown, Alec Pierce & Quentin Johnston. Would you accept the trade for Chase & Andrews or should I keep Ridley & LaPorta?

Last edited:
Reactions: GeraldV and J_Dee
I received a trade proposal Ja'Marr Chase & Mark Andrews for Calvin Ridley & Sam LaPorta on my team. Really interested in Chase over Ridley with Levis throwing to him. My back up TE is Zach Ertz. Other WRs Amon-Ra St. Brown, Alec Pierce & Quentin Johnston. Would you accept the trade for Chase & Andrews or should I keep Ridley & LaPorta?

Oh man I think I'd take that trade. Like the guy above said, Chase is the best player here, and you know the Bengals are going to figure it out.

Mark Andrew's is.. good, but lot of miles. But honestly I don't even care about him.. LaPorta is having a slow start and a lot of mouths to feed there, and Ridley still has Levis throwing to him, which means he's just inevitably going to have some duds for games.

I'd hammer this trade now. This guy is basically dumping two very good players (although I do think Mandrews is approaching the cliff), simply because they had slow starts for the season. And BOTH had very good excuses. Mandrews got in a car accident and missed camp and Chase also missed camp and preseason with his hold-in. 🔨

Reactions: J_Dee and kybloo92
Oh man I think I'd take that trade. Like the guy above said, Chase is the best player here, and you know the Bengals are going to figure it out.

Mark Andrew's is.. good, but lot of miles. But honestly I don't even care about him.. LaPorta is having a slow start and a lot of mouths to feed there, and Ridley still has Levis throwing to him, which means he's just inevitably going to have some duds for games.

I'd hammer this trade now. This guy is basically dumping two very good players (although I do think Mandrews is approaching the cliff), simply because they had slow starts for the season. And BOTH had very good excuses. Mandrews got in a car accident and missed camp and Chase also missed camp and preseason with his hold-in. 🔨
Thank you! You're right about Levis and the Tennessee offense is a dumpster fire. ESPN's trend even say Bust 1 week, Boom 1 week so far on Ridley through these 1st two games which proves how volatile the situation is for the Titans. I was hesitant drafting Ridley to begin with. Picked him for the targets as a #1 receiver though the whole situation in TN is just awful. Definitely was willing to part with a TE like LaPorta to have 2 WRs like St. Brown & Chase in the lineup. Hard to pass that up. Agree on Andrews, hoping he has enough left in the tank this season and his best games to come as he catches up to speed. Zach Ertz as my backup TE even has more fantasy points than LaPorta with the slow start Detroit has had and is a good safety net for a young QB like Daniels.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee

I do not know who your other QB is, but I would not have dropped Goff for a average WR. That is just me. I do not like to take fliers on QB's or have to rely on waiver wire. I like to keep two QB's rostered and play matchups if I do not have a #1 or #2 top QB. Detroit's offense is lethal, he will come around it is just a matter of time. JMO.

Someone dropped Aaron Rodgers in my fantasy league. o_O You never know what kind of people you are playing with in these public leagues. 21.04 fantasy points Thursday vs NE. Thought it would be a competitive one with the activity on the waiver wire each week, then this happens. I'll put a claim in for him. Though I don't expect he'll fall to me, nor can I expect to ever start him over Josh Allen at this stage in his career. The extra roster spot past the bye week is more beneficial to be used on another position than QB when you have Allen. Will be great for the bye week though if lucky enough to get Rodgers.

Untitled.jpg

Someone dropped Aaron Rodgers in my fantasy league. o_O You never know what kind of people you are playing with in these public leagues. 21.04 fantasy points Thursday vs NE. Thought it would be a competitive one with the activity on the waiver wire each week, then this happens. I'll put a claim in for him. Though I don't expect he'll fall to me, nor can I expect to ever start him over Josh Allen at this stage in his career. The extra roster spot past the bye week is more beneficial to be used on another position than QB when you have Allen. Will be great for the bye week though if lucky enough to get Rodgers.

Untitled.jpg

Well, hard to say with him. There really wasn't any reason to roster him unless it was a deep league. And we still don't know yet if this was just a reaaaaally bad Pats team that had huge Oline injuries, causing the Jets offense to totally dominate TOP.

Maybe Rodgers is still on the rise after the Achilles, though. He's look markedly better each week.

I'm beginning to get a little worried that Gwilson just isn't that Elite WR we though, and if that were to be the case, then the Jets passing game will be capped, while they lean into Breece and Braelon, who might be the steal of the draft. This guy is a stud.

Well, hard to say with him. There really wasn't any reason to roster him unless it was a deep league. And we still don't know yet if this was just a reaaaaally bad Pats team that had huge Oline injuries, causing the Jets offense to totally dominate TOP.

Maybe Rodgers is still on the rise after the Achilles, though. He's look markedly better each week.

I'm beginning to get a little worried that Gwilson just isn't that Elite WR we though, and if that were to be the case, then the Jets passing game will be capped, while they lean into Breece and Braelon, who might be the steal of the draft. This guy is a stud.
I have to give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt here that he will continue to get better. His best days are no doubt behind him, but games like Thursday night are what you want to see. 1st game rust coming back in Week 1 vs the 49ers defense on the road is understandable. Week 2 was better with 2 touchdowns against the Titans. Lazard & Rodgers seem to have found their chemistry together from back in their GB days. Williams still isn't 100% but caught 3 passes for 34 yards after doing next to nothing to start the season. Should get better as the season progresses. Conklin had a fine game with 5 catches, 93 yards. He'll be a trendy waiver wire pick for a backup TE with Rodgers throwing to him now and owned in 27.7% of ESPN leagues. As a fantasy owner of Breece Hall, I was pissed seeing him ghosted in the 2nd half when the Jets took a comfortable lead. Allen certainly is going to eat into the workload with the start he has gotten off to in his career.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I agree with most of this for sure. The real big thing is the Jets finally have a top Oline it seems. Even with losing Moses for a few games, we plugged Olu Fashanu in there and seemed to do well. And the patriots defense is still pretty capable IMO.

We just need to stay healthy and hope that our defense can still be a top10 unit, despite making some mistakes in letting go of guys like JFM and screwing up the Reddick situation.

Yeah this might turn into a RBBC with Allen. Breece is still going to be great, but I have a feeling he's not gonna return his 1st round value, and is probably going to be more of a 2nd/3rd round type of guy. Allen is the real deal. And he's the youngest player in the NFL at 20. Future is bright for the Jets, just have to pivot off of Rodgers in the next year or two.

Hot take alert:

Can we stop talking about Burrow like he's a top3 QB? I know part of this is injuries, but injuries still matter. It's another season where the Bengals are playing catchup come October because it's another season where Burrow isn't ready for week 1.

No other player is riding so much from one "we beat the Chiefs!" Super bowl appearance. He hasn't done shit since and I would take Josh Allen IN A HEARTBEAT over him.

And I know the game isn't over yet.. but it's Washington guys. They have no defense and a rookie QB.

Speaking of Josh Allen..

What a ****ing stud. He's the most physically talented QB in the game (mahomes edges him out in IQ, and Taylor Swift ref help).

Also Buffalo HAS to be #1 in all power rankings this week. They are the best team through week 3.

Tight Ends across the board have been really inconsistent. Frankly a lot of top draft picks regardless of position have been a disappointment. Had a gut feeling I should have started Ertz with a solid floor 8.8 points vs Cincinnati. Goose egg from Mark Andrews. 4 catches, 51 yards on 5 targets in Week 2. Assumed he would build upon that in Week 3. Targeted only once. Henry had one helluva game and Lamar Jackson will always get his on the ground. Thankfully Ja'Marr Chase in the trade made up for Andrews was lacking with 29.8 points. Josh Allen & St. Brown came through to give me the win. Andrews 6th in targets in the Ravens passing game. Hope he can get back to himself in time for this fantasy season after coming back from the August car accident.

Last edited:
With the pre season the way it is now, it seems to take a few weeks for teams to find their groove. Totally agree with @LineSkiCat14 about Josh Allen. Losing Diggs and playoff deep threat darling Gabe Davis, I thought Allen may take a step back this season. Dude is balling. He's always been a stud but he's upped his game this year. I haven't seen a better team this season.

Eeked out my first win this weekend. Didnt have a big score but thankfully the guy I was playing had a worse week than me.

I'm 1-2 in both leagues. My Javonte Williams pick is killing me so far but since I went zero RB in both leagues, even my backups are worth nothing at the moment. I have some high value handcuffs but I'm not going to sit here and wish an injury on anyone. I have Gibbs in one and BRob in the other, but I pushed some early chips in on Javonte. I need Nix to get better every week for him to return RB2 value. My only saving grace it seems is that Payton likes to throw to his RBs but Jaleel broke ankles Sunday and that's got me nervous.

Yeah I think there's a lot of truth to the lack of preseason reps for a lot of players. Look at Chase, he was nothing for two weeks and then he looked like he was ready to roll last night. Rodgers and Cousins, both coming off of Achilles tears, but they both looked very old week 1 and much better week 3.

3-0 in two leagues.
1-2 in the other. But this league I have the most points scored against me to date so it's looking to be an easier schedule in the coming weeks.

I actually have a question for some of the Bengals fans here. I keep hearing how Cincy is cheap and doesn't want to pay players.. but their salary cap seems to have them in the middle of the road. And there's also a minimum salary cap as well.

So I'm curious where this money is going. Is it just spread around too much and too many aging players are getting it? And with Cincy moving off of a lot of solid defenders the last few years, you'd think they have the money to pay Chase.

I actually have a question for some of the Bengals fans here. I keep hearing how Cincy is cheap and doesn't want to pay players.. but their salary cap seems to have them in the middle of the road. And there's also a minimum salary cap as well.

So I'm curious where this money is going. Is it just spread around too much and too many aging players are getting it? And with Cincy moving off of a lot of solid defenders the last few years, you'd think they have the money to pay Chase.
From the outside, it looks like they can pay their stars, but won't come up with the necessary signing bonuses it'd take to retain a second level almost star player like Jessie Bates a couple years ago. And Tee Higgins next year, I bet.

And they don't play the cap games like the 49ers did this summer, when they redid a bunch of contracts, by changing a bunch of the contract to up front signing bonuses, which allowed the full hit of the deal to be stretched out over several years. I don't think they have that much liquid capital to pay 70 million up front for example except for a couple guys.

Malik Nabers is the real deal. Have him in 2 other fantasy leagues. 47 targets through the first 3 weeks. 23 receptions, 271 yards & 3 TDs. Even with a QB like Daniel Jones who 3 of his 4 TDs are to Nabers, Wandale the only other.

As a Bengals fan it feels like we are spending money but at Dollar General most days. Mixon was an important fixture last year. They traded him (were going to cut him) for someone they "felt" could fill that spot. I'm sure they feel the same way about Higgins but it's looking like Burton is going to be a work in progress. DJ Reader was allowed to go somewhere else and while we filled the spot, it's not him. That middle isn't as strong as last year. Sometimes you have to pay those people. You have a window and it won't stay open for long.

With the pre season the way it is now, it seems to take a few weeks for teams to find their groove. Totally agree with @LineSkiCat14 about Josh Allen. Losing Diggs and playoff deep threat darling Gabe Davis, I thought Allen may take a step back this season. Dude is balling. He's always been a stud but he's upped his game this year. I haven't seen a better team this season.
This is my biggest gripe with Zac Taylor is the lack of reps the starters get in the preseason each year. Now 1-11 in the 1st 2 weeks of his Bengals coaching career. People can argue all they want about playing it safe to not risk injuries before the season starts, but they are spotting the division 2-3 games every single year. These games do matter. Burrow last night played well enough for the Bengals to win that game. The defense was exposed after the good showing in KC and lacks playmakers outside of Tre Hendrickson and Sam Hubbard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT