ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

My main league team. Ten teams, PPR, and we get one point per ten return yards (hence DeAndre Carter and Ray-Ray McCloud).

QB: Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow
RB: James Conner, Ezekiel Elliot, Tony Pollard, AJ Dillon, Darrell Henderson Jr.
WR: Cooper Kupp, Ja'Marr Chase, Darnell Mooney, DeAndre Carter, Ray-Ray McCloud
TE: Dalton Schultz
K: Justin Tucker
D: Bills, 49ers

My draft strategy this year:

south-park-i-dont-go-to-school.gif

My main league team. Ten teams, PPR, and we get one point per ten return yards (hence DeAndre Carter and Ray-Ray McCloud).

QB: Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow
RB: James Conner, Ezekiel Elliot, Tony Pollard, AJ Dillon, Darrell Henderson Jr.
WR: Cooper Kupp, Ja'Marr Chase, Darnell Mooney, DeAndre Carter, Ray-Ray McCloud
TE: Dalton Schultz
K: Justin Tucker
D: Bills, 49ers

My draft strategy this year:

south-park-i-dont-go-to-school.gif

How the hell did you land all that? You basically got two top3 receivers, two top8 QBs, the top kicker, the top defense.. all while still keeping a decent enough RB corp...

You must have some tacos in your league.. in a full PPR, there should be no feasible way a team should get Kupp AND Chase.

I'm jelly for sure, that roster should walk into the playoffs.

They average #9 and #11 in the draft so he’d HAD to have drafted toward the end of the snake draft most likely or like you said some Tacos or guys not experienced with PPR. Hell of a draft for him though for sure.

Reactions: J_Dee
They average #9 and #11 in the draft so he’d HAD to have drafted toward the end of the snake draft most likely or like you said some Tacos or guys not experienced with PPR. Hell of a draft for him though for sure.

I sent his draft to my fantasy league chat and the first reply, my buddy goes "is he in a 4-team league?" Lolol.

I just can't imagine someone letting Kupp fall past 6 or 7, let alone 9... but I guess it's possible. I'd be curious to see how the first 20 picks played out.

The reddit forums on this drive me crazy with this. You read so much about taco leagues.

I'm hesitant to call them Tacos...but considering that this is the league's tenth year, I wouldn't be opposed to renaming it Casa Bonita. XD

The first 20 30 picks:

1: McCaffrey, Henry, Taylor, Cook, Mixon, Ekeler, Kelce, Jefferson, Kupp, Harris
2: Jones, Chase, Hill, Chubb, Samuel, Adams, Fournette, Swift, Diggs, Kamara
3: Evans, Kittle, Andrews, Lamb, Williams, Allen, Moore, Barkley, Elliott, Higgins

Bills/49ers look great:

Week 1: 49ers vs Bears
2: 49ers vs Seahawks
3: 49ers vs. Broncos
4: Bills vs. Ravens
5: Bills vs. Steelers
6 - 8: stream
9: Bills vs. Jets
10: Bills vs. Vikings
11: Bills vs. Browns
12: 49ers vs. Saints
13: Bills vs. Patriots
14: Bills vs. Jets
15: 49ers vs. Seahawks
16: 49ers vs. Commanders
17: 49ers vs. Raiders

Last edited:
Oh man.. Taylor fell to 3? Kelce top 7?

And the person who got Henry at 2, then Diggs and then Kittle at 22.. ooof. That could be a disaster.. or it could be great lol.

This is my 2nd league.. I like this draft better than the other, but I definitely took a few risks. Still, if this plays out the way I think it will be a hard team to beat (note: this is yet another non-taco league, nothing falls in these drafts):

1.(9)Joe MixonRB
2.(12)Davante AdamsWR
3.(29)A.J. BrownWR
4.(32)Josh AllenQB
5.(49)Chase EdmondsRB
6.(52)Dameon PierceRB
7.(69)Marquise BrownWR
8.(72)Elijah MooreWR
9.(89)Darnell MooneyWR
10.(92)Russell WilsonQB
11.(109)Darrell Henderson Jr.RB
12.(112)Pat FreiermuthTE
13.(129)New OrleansDEF
14.(132)Daniel CarlsonK
15.(149)Rachaad WhiteRB

9th pick is meh. Of course, I basically got locked into having to take Mixon as not ONE of the 8 teams ahead of me did anything drastic. But I'm fine with it. Adams and AJ Brown to be expected after. Nothing crazy. But with the 4th I just didn't see any options and went totally against my own strategy, drafting a QB in Josh Allen. The picks after were Zeke, Pitts, and then it was a drop-off, do didn't like what I saw.. But by picking Josh there, 3 of the next 7 were then QBs.

Also got locked out of my tiers later on.. but generally happy with Chase, Dameon and Hollywood Brown.. 2 of which I have in my other draft. Chase and Pierce will be RB1s and hopefully one of them can finish in the top15.

Elijah Moore was a Jets pick. Mooney for value and target share, but no idea how he'll do with Fields.

Then went weird again.. grabbed Russ Wilson as I think he has top5 qb potential. I had no one else to pick there that I liked, and figured I could lock someone out while also giving myself a trade trip.

Late rounds worked exactly as I wanted. Henderson and Rachaad in case Cam Akers and Fournette go down. I've been high on Pat Freiermuth and followed my gut of "shading tight ends unless Kelce/Andrews fall to me".. and was able to get, in my opinion, a top5 defense and top5 kicker.

A risky draft, but I really like it. Covers the bases, and a lot of breakout candidates as rookies or in new roles.

Last edited:
A play for next week: Grab Cleveland defense, especially if you don't have a great one.

They have a soft schedule to open the season, and have the NY Jets week 2, in which they are predicted to get nearly 8.5 pts. I think my Jets will get better, and wouldn't be totally surprised if they put up points.. but I also wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland walks away with 3 interceptions and 5 sacks and smashes for the #1 defense week 2.

No one really thinks about defenses over a week out. If you want to win your league you should be looking a week or two ahead, and potentially grabbing a defense before you have to use waivers and someone else scoops them up.

A play for next week: Grab Cleveland defense, especially if you don't have a great one.

They have a soft schedule to open the season, and have the NY Jets week 2, in which they are predicted to get nearly 8.5 pts. I think my Jets will get better, and wouldn't be totally surprised if they put up points.. but I also wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland walks away with 3 interceptions and 5 sacks and smashes for the #1 defense week 2.

No one really thinks about defenses over a week out. If you want to win your league you should be looking a week or two ahead, and potentially grabbing a defense before you have to use waivers and someone else scoops them up.
Browns have game changers on defense with Ward, Clowney and of course Garrett. Best thing the Jets or any team can do is get a lead to stay playing complimentary football.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
2-0, won both leagues opening week with players to spare. Got a little lucky playing bad teams in week1, though.

Likes: QBs in Hurts and Josh Allen. WRs on new teams look like they will dominate all year (Adams, Pittman, AJ Brown). Pat MUTH could be a steal at TE.

Dislikes: Kmet put up an 0fer and *might* be another useless TE in fantasy. I'm worried about Derrick Henry, and I think it's very possible he's hit the proverbial wall. I just don't think he's gonna put up 30pt fantasy games unless it's a few TDs, but Titans look like crap.

Last edited:
2-0, won both leagues opening week with players to spare. Got a little lucky playing bad teams in week1, though.

Likes: QBS in Hurts and Josh Allen. WRs on new teams look like they will dominate all year (Adams, Pittman, AJ Brown). Pat MUTH could be a steal at TE.

Dislikes: Kmet put up an 0fer and *might* be another useless TE in fantasy. I'm worried about Derrick Henry, and I think it's very possible he's hit the proverbial wall. I just don't think he's gonna put up 30pt fantasy games unless it's a few TDs, but Titans look like crap.
Lost by a hair because I started D. Pierce over K. Hunt. Bad call on my part.

Lost by a hair because I started D. Pierce over K. Hunt. Bad call on my part.

I have him in one league, but was hesitant. I think a growing trend this year was everyone attempting to land that great rookie player.. seeing what people like JJ and Chase have done.. but its just waaaaaaay too difficult. Chances are all these guys need a year or two.

I think the sweet spot is building a roster with 2 to 4 year old guys. I drafted the oldest roster last year in a league and I paid for it.. everyone was injured. Don't think I had a single player go all 17 games.

Last year, I was second in scoring on week one and still lost.

This year, I was third in scoring on week one and still lost.

I hate fantasy football. XD

Hate when that happens. I always attempt to see if my league would change it to strictly points and not H2H, but they never do.

Nothing worse than getting bac match-ups over and over. I've been in some leagues, both basketball and football, where the "Points Against Me" has been higher than the 2nd guy, by nearly TWO weeks worth of points. You just can't win when your schedule turns out like that.

I always hate when I play against guys early in the year, who I know will not be healthy later on.. like CMC or Saquon. Both of my leagues I faced CMC (which means I'll face them again).. and while thankfully CMC didn't have a great day.. I would much rather play the CMC owner in week 8, just once on the season, when he'll likely be on IR..

I always hate when I play against guys early in the year, who I know will not be healthy later on.. like CMC or Saquon. Both of my leagues I faced CMC (which means I'll face them again).. and while thankfully CMC didn't have a great day.. I would much rather play the CMC owner in week 8, just once on the season, when he'll likely be on IR..
My opponent had both of them and Justin Hebert. That was a rough start for me.

The question of the week, by far, what to make of Taysom Hill?

Listed as a TE/QB on Yahoo.. yet he rushed for 81 yards this week giving him 14 fantasy points.

I'm starting to think if you need a TE (as I do in one league).. you might want to grab him. If he's used in more of these gadget plays he could be the best TE not named Kelce, and win your league.

Not even done with week 2 and I probably should have taken my fantasy fee to the back yard and lit it on fire.

• Haha
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Not doing great either.

I MIGHT win one league but gonna lose in another.

Between the two leagues I have Adam's, Chase, Hollywood and Henderson.. and they all put up stinkers

But St. Brown! My dude carrying me!

In the league I have a chance in this week.. I have Hurts and King Henry.. he has Justin Jefferson and is up by 13 points. I should be OK.. but its gonna hinge on Jalen Hurts playing well.

Half our fantasy league went out for the games yesterday, and I talked mad shit to my buddy the whole day, as my team was rolling.. but now, not so much lol.

I think I've posted this before.. but remember to scout defenses ahead of time. There's a lot of injuries so far, and you might find that your matchup next week is looking like a blowout. My opponent has no QB next week, and even if he gets one off of waivers, I'll still be favored by like 15 points.

So I'm shading week 3 defense to get my defense for week 4, before anyone else has a chance. You should be attempting to do this every week, where you look ahead one week, to see what defense is the best streaming option.

Chargers, Eagles, and Saints are all defenses likely not owned, but have a strong 3-4 weeks coming up.

Allen to Diggs was filthy last night. I think Bills are your best team right now.

Rams and Bengals a little sloppy. Chiefs look good, but I think they got bailed out in week 2. But the Bills have been monsters. They are freaking pulling their starters, so that might help hold off injuries.

Allen to Diggs was filthy last night. I think Bills are your best team right now.

Rams and Bengals a little sloppy. Chiefs look good, but I think they got bailed out in week 2. But the Bills have been monsters. They are freaking pulling their starters, so that might help hold off injuries.
Agreed. They play with a chip on their shoulder. Others are just hoping they will figure things out.

Agreed. They play with a chip on their shoulder. Others are just hoping they will figure things out.

Yeah thats the other thing. They are playing with the perfect amount of confidence and swagger. Josh Allen switching the ball in his hands to hit-stick a defender.. watching him laugh maniacally as he throws his body across the 1st down marker.. the chemistry the whole team has.

The best defense added Von Miller who is still in his prime apparently. Play makers all over the field, a top3 QB. Great head coaching and management. Their schedule is a freaking grinder, they have to stay healthy, and also win coin tosses.. but yeah, they are my pick right now.

The amount of things that had to go against Buffalo:

6 or so injuries on defense
Lost their center
Diggs injured
Allen hand injury
Their bench was in the sun in 90 degrees so the entire team was cramping.
Tua somehow avoiding concussion protocol
A punt into the players ass that actually benefitted Miami
An awful targeting call and a plethora of other home calls for Miami

.. they still almost won.

Merc'ing people this year. 4-0 in one league, 3-1 in another. As always, I never seem to miss on QBs, going back to Lamar and Kylers breakout years. This year instead of going for that diamond in the rough, I had to take Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts, but it's worked out well.

Grabbing Philly defense two weeks ago, for free, was YUGE. This defense will be top5 for the year, and will compete for #1 overall.

Lost Javonte Williams in one league though. That's going to hurt. I only had him and Henry as my bell cows.. all my other RBs are RB2/3 types. So I'll need to scramble to fill his spot.

Thinking of offering Devante Adams for Dameon Pierce.. that too crazy? I really am flushed with Wideouts, and I think Adams won't finish near his ADP.

For the first time in 26 years of fantasy football, I am an embarrassing 0-4. I am third in the league in points but have given up 50 more points than any other squad. I've never had karma this bad.

For the first time in 26 years of fantasy football, I am an embarrassing 0-4. I am third in the league in points but have given up 50 more points than any other squad. I've never had karma this bad.

That's the worst. Losing because of untimely injuries.. and losing because of weird H2H scheduling.. makes my blood boil.

Actually, for the first time in a while, I got the better end of this in one of my leagues. In the League I'm 1st, I have 538 points scored (highest by 30 points), yet only have 385 scored against me (lowest by like 65).. I lucked out. I still would be doing good, but if I didn't have such an easy schedule to start, I wouldn't be 4-0.

Meanwhile in my other league, the guy in 1st has literally just 333 points scored against him through 4 weeks. Dude basically has yet to play a team that could score 100 points.

Thats what sucks about H2H. Sometimes you get boned.

Reactions: GeraldV
Just grabbed Brian "Bulletproof Brob" Robinson.. he's probably one of the last unknown RBs left.. everyone else is either taken or is in waiting for an injury ahead of them..

If he doesn't land I'm in a big RB hole.

Teams are starting to panic. Zeke, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers all got dropped in this week's waiver wire pickups. I grabbed Wilson and will start him in 2 of the next 3 or 4 games.

Good or bad trade? Just traded my Cortland Sutton for his Dameon Pierce.

I think on the surface it might seem Sutton is the better fantasy player, but when Javonte went out, I needed a RB. Already very deep with WRs with Davante Adams, Hollywood Brown, Amon St. Brown and Garrett Wilson.

A little worried that Russ might figure things out, helping Cortlands value.. but it could also go in the opposite direction as well.

ADVERTISEMENT