ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

100+ players in the NFL have tested positive for COVID in the last week.

Buckle up, boys.. gonna be a wild ride to the finish.

Lmfao.. this definitely ruined some people's Fantasy Football championships..

FB-IMG-1641155489871.jpg

Last edited:
Wound up 5th.. which is amazing considering guys like Kamara, Dhop, and Carson really didn't do much for me aside from a few games.

I drafted too old of a team. My strategy next year is to look past a players ADP, and try and see if they have too many miles.

I also think there's gonna be a huge shakeup in the top10. I think guys like Taylor or Najee will be at the top, and even guys like Chase and Cupp might land in there.

Reactions: J_Dee
I lost the super bowl to other 10-4 regular season team. He started out the season 4-4 and then proceeded to win 8 straight games. Seemed like everyone he played scored TDs. In the semifinal the chick he was up against had 151 points and he had 157. I lost to him by 45 this week where on paper he was only favored by 5. It was unreal.

I cruised to the championship in my main league on Sunday because of those two. Finished 4th in my second league.

Next season will be my main league's tenth anniversary (with eight of the original ten players still in). Time flies

I finished second in my main league. Speaking of how time flies, we had our first draft in the fall of 1996. Still have seven of the ten original guys in the league.

Really thinking of going with the No-RB strategy this year, unless I'm forced into it. There's a lot of info behind the theory that RBs (any of them) are just too risky to make it a whole year, and if you can land two (or three) WR1's.. you can then just fill up on RB2's, RB3's and handcuffs.

Just seems like all the top RBs have question marks: Saquon, CMC have injuries.. Kamara, Henry banged up.. Cook has a ton of tred on him.. Sure, you got Taylor, Mixon, Chubb and others who seem solid.. but can they last a full 17 game season? And really, just HOW valuable are RBs as the league seems to be going towards a committee based running game? If you ask me, football (and fantasy) is trending in a way that maybe Running backs aren't "quite" the automatic must-have anymore.

Really thinking of going with the No-RB strategy this year, unless I'm forced into it. There's a lot of info behind the theory that RBs (any of them) are just too risky to make it a whole year, and if you can land two (or three) WR1's.. you can then just fill up on RB2's, RB3's and handcuffs.

Just seems like all the top RBs have question marks: Saquon, CMC have injuries.. Kamara, Henry banged up.. Cook has a ton of tred on him.. Sure, you got Taylor, Mixon, Chubb and others who seem solid.. but can they last a full 17 game season? And really, just HOW valuable are RBs as the league seems to be going towards a committee based running game? If you ask me, football (and fantasy) is trending in a way that maybe Running backs aren't "quite" the automatic must-have anymore.
Even worse in a keeper league like ours.

Drafted this weekend. Must draft 3 QBs, 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 K, and 2 Ds. Ten team league and I drafted 10th. PPR scoring. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 Wr, 1 TE, 1 D and 1 K

For drafting 10th, I feel I’m solid. Depending on injures, I should make the playoffs.

QB- Hurts, Cousins, and Lawrence
RB- Dalvin Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, and D. Pierce
WR- S. Diggs, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, A St. Brown, and R. Gage
TE- Ertz and Goedert
D- SF and Indy
K- Gay and Gould.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Would actually like to see some feedback on this. In no way an expert.. just things I've gathered from the off-season, last season and things I've read. Some of these guys might not even be draftable until we see on field production, but still worth keeping tabs on.

Players to watch:
  • Ju ju - tyreek hill is gone and Patrick mahomes is gonna feed him. Bounce back year.
  • Tua - Has lots of weapons, Jets and NE might be shit
  • Trey Lance - could be a sleeper QB on a very established team.
  • Kirk Cousins - Ram's OC is with him.
  • Breece Hall - looking good in camp
  • Chase Edmonds - late RB who fills a need in Miami. Looks to be their starter
  • Kenneth Walker - Seattle running back with Penny being hurt
  • Dameon Pierce - likely starting RB for Houston.
  • D'ernest - if Kareem hunt is traded.
  • Pickens - steelers wide out. Take at 10th.
  • Elijah Moore- Jets wide out poised to take off. Flacco likes him
  • CEH - more reps with Hill being gone. Only later though
  • DeAndre swift - could have a big year but is injury prone
  • Jahan Dotson - late pick, works well with Wentz
  • Denver defense - still a strong defense and they play a lot of easy teams
  • Baltimore defense - lot of injuries last year, good early schedule
  • Kelce - will bounce back as TE1
  • Hooper - bounce back with the titans who need someone with Brown gone and Henry hurt.
  • Travis Etienne - rb for Jacksonville, good chemistry with Laewrence, no other options, bad division.
  • Rashid Bateman - wr for Baltimore now that Brown is gone
  • Cole kmet - te for Chicago, as fields has no one else to throw to.
  • Alvin Kamara/Aaron Jones - both undervalued

Players to avoid:
  • Kyle Pitts - Avoid for a round or 2, has new QB, Atlanta might be bad.
  • Mark andrews - still a good pickup. But less production with RBs coming back.
  • Michael Thomas - Injured already, and last year. Could be on the decline.
  • Tom brady - not as good of a Bucs team, and now has two starting Oline out. Also a new coach.
  • Rashad Penny - Injured currently and injury history
  • Javonte Williams - risky at the 1st and 2nd rounds.
  • Antonio Gibson - Already Injured
  • Dak - Cowboys look like they won't be good, and he doesn't have the same weapons as he had.
  • Akers - Coming off of a torn Achilles
Teams to shade (avoiding due to uncertainty or other reason) :
Bucs - didn't return the whole team like last year, VERY injured Oline, Todd Bowles is coach. What's going on with Brady/getting old.
Panthers - qbs aren't good and the Wideouts aren't great. Avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeraldV
Disagree on your very last line, Lineski. I think Baker is better than any QB Carolina has had in a year or two, and DJ Moore has put up 1k yards in back to back years. I think he’ll be even better with Baker.
I agree with 90% of the rest of it though. Good list overall.

Reactions: jameslee32
Disagree on your very last line, Lineski. I think Baker is better than any QB Carolina has had in a year or two, and DJ Moore has put up 1k yards in back to back years. I think he’ll be even better with Baker.
I agree with 90% of the rest of it though. Good list overall.

Yeah I guess that one I don't feel as strong about, compared to the Bucs one.

I just don't know with Baker. He's such a weird player to me, because he seemingly had a solid career with the Browns, but they don't want him.. and Carolina is a worse team all around (especially when CMC inevitably goes down again).

There seems to be a reason teams don't want Baker.. Undersized? Too expensive for the upside?

Would actually like to see some feedback on this. In no way an expert.. just things I've gathered from the off-season, last season and things I've read. Some of these guys might not even be draftable until we see on field production, but still worth keeping tabs on.

Players to watch:
  • Ju ju - tyreek hill is gone and Patrick mahomes is gonna feed him. Bounce back year.
  • Tua - Has lots of weapons, Jets and NE might be shit
  • Trey Lance - could be a sleeper QB on a very established team.
  • Kirk Cousins - Ram's OC is with him.
  • Breece Hall - looking good in camp
  • Chase Edmonds - late RB who fills a need in Miami. Looks to be their starter
  • Kenneth Walker - Seattle running back with Penny being hurt
  • Dameon Pierce - likely starting RB for Houston.
  • D'ernest - if Kareem hunt is traded.
  • Pickens - steelers wide out. Take at 10th.
  • Elijah Moore- Jets wide out poised to take off. Flacco likes him
  • CEH - more reps with Hill being gone. Only later though
  • DeAndre swift - could have a big year but is injury prone
  • Jahan Dotson - late pick, works well with Wentz
  • Denver defense - still a strong defense and they play a lot of easy teams
  • Baltimore defense - lot of injuries last year, good early schedule
  • Kelce - will bounce back as TE1
  • Hooper - bounce back with the titans who need someone with Brown gone and Henry hurt.
  • Travis Etienne - rb for Jacksonville, good chemistry with Laewrence, no other options, bad division.
  • Rashid Bateman - wr for Baltimore now that Brown is gone
  • Cole kmet - te for Chicago, as fields has no one else to throw to.
  • Alvin Kamara/Aaron Jones - both undervalued

Players to avoid:
  • Kyle Pitts - Avoid for a round or 2, has new QB, Atlanta might be bad.
  • Mark andrews - still a good pickup. But less production with RBs coming back.
  • Michael Thomas - Injured already, and last year. Could be on the decline.
  • Tom brady - not as good of a Bucs team, and now has two starting Oline out. Also a new coach.
  • Rashad Penny - Injured currently and injury history
  • Javonte Williams - risky at the 1st and 2nd rounds.
  • Antonio Gibson - Already Injured
  • Dak - Cowboys look like they won't be good, and he doesn't have the same weapons as he had.
  • Akers - Coming off of a torn Achilles
Teams to shade (avoiding due to uncertainty or other reason) :
Bucs - didn't return the whole team like last year, VERY injured Oline, Todd Bowles is coach. What's going on with Brady/getting old.
Panthers - qbs aren't good and the Wideouts aren't great. Avoid.
Idk anyone who doesn't value Kamara and Jones.

Who's the GB rookie WR kicking ass in camp? Doubs?

Idk anyone who doesn't value Kamara and Jones.

Who's the GB rookie WR kicking ass in camp? Doubs?

It's possible fantasy has adjusted around those two. I just know Kamara really hurt owners last year, and Aaron Jones always seems to have the 2nd string RB looming.

But I haven't done any of my drafts yet, so it's possible those guys are getting drafted higher than I realize.

Btw, a guy in reddit broke down the 1st round RBs last year, and almost all of them finished lower than their ADP. Yet. Is the 2nd tier guys (Mixon, JT, etc) that finished higher than their ADP..

It's possible fantasy has adjusted around those two. I just know Kamara really hurt owners last year, and Aaron Jones always seems to have the 2nd string RB looming.

But I haven't done any of my drafts yet, so it's possible those guys are getting drafted higher than I realize.

Btw, a guy in reddit broke down the 1st round RBs last year, and almost all of them finished lower than their ADP. Yet. Is the 2nd tier guys (Mixon, JT, etc) that finished higher than their ADP..
I have to keep one of Herbert, Brady, K. Allen, Higgins, Fournette, Gibson, Waddle or Pittman in our league. LF is one of those guys you're talking about finishing higher probably.

I have to keep one of Herbert, Brady, K. Allen, Higgins, Fournette, Gibson, Waddle or Pittman in our league. LF is one of those guys you're talking about finishing higher probably.
What is your scoring system? Is it a super flex? If so, you’ve got to be Herbert.

If not, I think you probably have to keep LF, even though I’m not terribly high on him

I would agree, probably LF if not Herbert.

However, I think Pittman is going to feast with Matt Ryan behind a much better Oline than he had in Atlanta.

What is your scoring system? Is it a super flex? If so, you’ve got to be Herbert.

If not, I think you probably have to keep LF, even though I’m not terribly high on him
Yeah it's flex with bonus points. LF worked well in our PPR format but wasn't exactly getting 100 yards rushing or passing every game. Herbert was my choice even though there's a scarcity factor with RB's.

Yeah it's flex with bonus points. LF worked well in our PPR format but wasn't exactly getting 100 yards rushing or passing every game. Herbert was my choice even though there's a scarcity factor with RB's.

Ehh, you'll be able to find someone. Use your waiver or FAB to get that first handcuff that opens up for RB. Below is the RB write-up I saw that was VERY eye opening:

Q: What's the biggest bust for 2022?

A: Almost any first round RB. Comparing 2021 ADP and positional projection to positional finish (net difference in parenthesis):

1. CMC RB1 - RB38 (-37)
  2. Cook RB2 - RB16 (-14)
  3. Henry RB3 - RB22 (-19)
  4. Kamara RB4 - RB8 (-4)
  5. Zeke RB5 - RB7 (-2)
  6. Chubb RB6 - RB13 (-7)
  7. Jones RB7 - RB11 (-4)
  8. Taylor RB8 - RB1 (+7)
  9. Barkley RB9 - RB30 (-21)
Only Taylor finished above ADP, though admittedly a couple others were close enough that it probably didn't hurt you too much.

Interestingly enough, second round RBs were the polar opposite:

14. Najee RB10 - RB3 (+7)
15. Ekeler RB11 - RB2 (+9)
17. Gibson RB12 - RB10 (+2)
19. Mixon RB13 - RB4 (+9)
22. CEH RB14 - RB46 (-32)

CEH was a big whiff, but anyone else here was money; even Gibson.

And before arguments start that X was injured and not really a bust, it's really a difference without distinction. If the RB I pick at 1.03 finishes outside the top 20 it doesn't really matter if it's because he was hurt or because he sucked. For fantasy purposes that pick was a bust.

EDIT: This has blown up more than I thought so let me clarify, none of this is to suggest not drafting a 1st round RB. The "hit rate" last year for a first rounder who finished top 10 was only 30%, but over the last 5 years (data in a comment further down) it's 50%...still a risk, but not like you're gonna find better odds in later rounds.

JT goes #1.. but I honestly might take JJ at #2.. let others draft these RBs.. and then possibly take the next best WR which will then start forcing other teams to reach for WR (remember, we have 3 Wideouts not 2), leaving late RB1's and RB2's for me.

Reactions: jameslee32
I would agree, probably LF if not Herbert.

However, I think Pittman is going to feast with Matt Ryan behind a much better Oline than he had in Atlanta.
Pittman has the good size and somewhat similar to Higgins but probably won't get as many one on ones. Waddle had a lot of pressure taken off when Miami signed Hill, putting him in a similar scenario.

Pittman has the good size and somewhat similar to Higgins but probably won't get as many one on ones. Waddle had a lot of pressure taken off when Miami signed Hill, putting him in a similar scenario.

IDK about Waddle.. pressure might be off him but Hill is going to take his production IF Tua is good.. I'm shading Waddle currently, and he helped me big time last year.

I tend to look for situations around a player. I just love the entire Matt Ryan/Colts setup. Matt finally has a freaking Oline, he has an elite RB to lean on.. and the Wideouts around him have a much better QB than they did with Wentz. I think everyone on that team is going to get a fantasy boost from last year.

IDK about Waddle.. pressure might be off him but Hill is going to take his production IF Tua is good.. I'm shading Waddle currently, and he helped me big time last year.

I tend to look for situations around a player. I just love the entire Matt Ryan/Colts setup. Matt finally has a freaking Oline, he has an elite RB to lean on.. and the Wideouts around him have a much better QB than they did with Wentz. I think everyone on that team is going to get a fantasy boost from last year.
I still like both Pittman and Waddle and echo those considerations. I also think Pittman can make the contested catches. Just not sure if he does it on the same level as some of the best but also knowing Reich wants to throw the ball with a better QB. I also like Tua's accuracy and I could be tempted to choose Waddle as a WR2 as I again compare his situation to Higgins.

Jets basically just announced that they'll use a RB committee.. so Breece Hall and Michael Carter just took a huge fantasy hit. Adjust accordingly.

I drafted 5th out of 10 teams
QB Herbert
RB N. Harris
RB Mitchell
RB Dillon
WR T. Hill
WR M. Evans
WR McLaurin
TE Schultz
K Folk
D Cowboys

Bench

WR D. Smith
RB J. Cook (R)
WR Olave (R)
WR Boyd
WR Doubs (R)
RB Davis-Price (R)

Drafted 4 rookies hoping one becomes very worthy.

If anyone wants to get smacked around in tennis head-to-head this week or NFL head-to-head this year on FD, username is rajon2017. Please keep it under $100.

I just dropped out of my main league (after nine seasons) and I'm doing absolutely zero prep for my other league. My heart's just not in it. :b

Edit: Well my resignation from my main league wasn't accepted and I'm a complete and total wuss so I just rolled over and didn't protest. Yay. :/

Last edited:
first of two drafts:

1.(7)Derrick Henry (Ten - RB)
2.(14)Davante Adams (LV - WR)
3.(27)Javonte Williams (Den - RB)
4.(34)Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)
5.(47)Chase Edmonds (Mia - RB)
6.(54)Amon-Ra St. Brown (Det - WR)
7.(67)Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB)
8.(74)Marquise Brown (Ari - WR)
9.(87)Brandon Aiyuk (SF - WR)
10.(94)Trey Lance (SF - QB)
11.(107)Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
12.(114)Cole Kmet (Chi - TE)
13.(127)James Cook (Buf - RB)
14.(134)Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
15.(147)Austin Hooper (Ten - TE)
16.(154)New Orleans (NO - DEF)

Fairly happy with this draft. Didn't like landing 7th as I would have preferred almost any other spot. Also shaded QBs, TEs and Def a little too long. And I got locked out of a few players I really wanted right before I could get them (Pittman being one of them). I'm going to have to stream defenses for most of the season.

But.. D. Henry at #7 is solid. I'm loaded at RB and WR and we have a 3 WR league. A lot of picks of guys in new systems that project to do well (Chase Edmonds, Hollywood Brown). Also have respectful backups for all positions.. really like Trey Lance and Austin Hooper for where I got them. Also love that I have no players on bad teams.. was able to avoid the NYG, Carolina, Dallas and Seattle players, who I think will all be a disaster.

Someone tell me about Amon-Ra, please? This was the area of the draft, rounds 5 and 6, that I really struggled with. Didn't like anyone, didn't dislike anyone. I kind of threw a dart at the board on this one.

first of two drafts:

1.(7)Derrick Henry (Ten - RB)
2.(14)Davante Adams (LV - WR)
3.(27)Javonte Williams (Den - RB)
4.(34)Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)
5.(47)Chase Edmonds (Mia - RB)
6.(54)Amon-Ra St. Brown (Det - WR)
7.(67)Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB)
8.(74)Marquise Brown (Ari - WR)
9.(87)Brandon Aiyuk (SF - WR)
10.(94)Trey Lance (SF - QB)
11.(107)Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
12.(114)Cole Kmet (Chi - TE)
13.(127)James Cook (Buf - RB)
14.(134)Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
15.(147)Austin Hooper (Ten - TE)
16.(154)New Orleans (NO - DEF)

Fairly happy with this draft. Didn't like landing 7th as I would have preferred almost any other spot. Also shaded QBs, TEs and Def a little too long. And I got locked out of a few players I really wanted right before I could get them (Pittman being one of them). I'm going to have to stream defenses for most of the season.

But.. D. Henry at #7 is solid. I'm loaded at RB and WR and we have a 3 WR league. A lot of picks of guys in new systems that project to do well (Chase Edmonds, Hollywood Brown). Also have respectful backups for all positions.. really like Trey Lance and Austin Hooper for where I got them. Also love that I have no players on bad teams.. was able to avoid the NYG, Carolina, Dallas and Seattle players, who I think will all be a disaster.

Someone tell me about Amon-Ra, please? This was the area of the draft, rounds 5 and 6, that I really struggled with. Didn't like anyone, didn't dislike anyone. I kind of threw a dart at the board on this one.
Dallas looks like the best team in the NFC East to me and any defense that can create turnovers like they do will be a force to reckon with. Of course they have OL issues that need to be resolved on offense but Dak is rather mobile as well. The Eagles will be other team to beat. Hurts will be solid if he makes the right decisions. Dak is the better QB imo. Commanders and Giants are a disaster waiting to happen.

Dallas looks like the best team in the NFC East to me and any defense that can create turnovers like they do will be a force to reckon with. Of course they have OL issues that need to be resolved on offense but Dak is rather mobile as well. The Eagles will be other team to beat. Hurts will be solid if he makes the right decisions. Dak is the better QB imo. Commanders and Giants are a disaster waiting to happen.

I might be a making a bigger deal of the recent loss of Tyron Smith.. but their O-line was already looking to be a weak point, after it was so strong for the better part of a decade. It also looks like Zeke is past his prime, and can't be relied on to be a top5 or even top10 RB. Amari Cooper is gone, Gallup is hobbled.. idk, I see Dallas being one of the bigger disappointments of the year.

Playing in the NFC East helps.. but, those teams have better defenses than we realize,

I might be a making a bigger deal of the recent loss of Tyron Smith.. but their O-line was already looking to be a weak point, after it was so strong for the better part of a decade. It also looks like Zeke is past his prime, and can't be relied on to be a top5 or even top10 RB. Amari Cooper is gone, Gallup is hobbled.. idk, I see Dallas being one of the bigger disappointments of the year.

Playing in the NFC East helps.. but, those teams have better defenses than we realize,
Yep. I’m out on Dallas this year. I see them struggling to hit .500 even with the weak NFC east schedule.

I dont mind having a player or two on bad teams.. but I do try and avoid having too many.

On the inverse, I was listening to a fantasy podcast driving to NYC, and they made a good point that NFC and AFC west games will likely turn into high scoring games and shoot outs (and both divisions play each other this year), so players on those teams could see additional points. Glad I was able to land 7 guys from those divisions.

Not a fan but I'd probably take the other side of that bet. Dak, Zeke, Pollard, Lamb, Schultz just on offense. Gallup being injured hurts them early though. Could be back in week 2 vs the Bengals. Then imagine if that young defense gets better.

Still won't be easy with the Eagles. Philly has better balance on offense now with the new staff. The D is solid but aging rapidly on the DL. Should be a closer division than last year when Dallas ran away with the East.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT