I won my league with an 8-5 record. :)

My team this season (8th pick of 10):

QB: Mahomes, Burrow
RB: Elliott, Hunt, Mostert, Jones II, Pollard
WR: Hill, Jefferson, Thielen, Boyd, Beasley
TE: Goedert, Engram
K: Tucker
D: 49ers

I'm really happy with my team, though I really want Tee Higgins. And I'd love to try to squeeze Mac Jones in (he's available), but simply don't have the room.

I'm glad that football's back. Let's see your team(s)! :)

Im going into my 3rd season, and still learning a bit. I'll have my draft in a few days (still no idea why people were doing drafts as early as mid August..).

Looking at different strategies.. I think I'm going to sell on QB for an extra round or two.. seems like there's so many decent options these days. Might get like a QB10 and pair them up with a rookie QB. Plus, the extra game this season, and this ever-growing notion of being cautious with players, makes me think you'll want to load up on RB and WR talent.

Please gaze upon your 2021 Undistinguished Gentlemen Champion Roster.

Team name: Nostra Funkus

QB: Patrick “Country Road, Take” Mahomes
RB: “Sister” Christian McCaffrey
RB: Josh Jacobs “Jingleheimer Schmidt”
WR: “BB” DK Metcalf
WR: Adam “Rhymin and” Thielen
TE: Logan “Roadhouse” Thomas
FLEX: Brandin “Too Many” Cooks
D: Tampa Bay “Who gives a” Buccaneers
K: Justin “Mother” Tucker

Bench
QB: Joe “Wheel” Burrow
RB: Leonard “Extra Value is What you get, When you buy” Fournette
RB: JD “All I want is your extra time, and your” McKissick
WR: Cole “Slaw” Beasley
WR: Randall “Rough as a” Cobb
TE: Dallas “Hari” Goedert
K: Chase “When it comes right down to it at then end of the day when push comes to shove there really isn’t a lot that, per se, goes with” McLaughlin.

Love this thread. I'll post my teams after I draft. It starts tomorrow with a 10 team espn auction. I'm somewhat of a fantasy king, lol. I collect more often than not. Some in great numbers.

Prepping for my 10-league half PPR.. and man.. that 3rd/4th/5th draft spots will be very tricky. Someone who lands there could very well wind up with Zeke AND Saquon. And while that might wind up working.. I think it would be distrous. I dont want either of them.. and someone might be forced to take both.

Reactions: J_Dee
I’ve played fantasy football for 16-17 years now. I’ve never collected money. There have been two times that I’ve had the best team in the league only to have season ending injuries take out my best players two weeks before playoff (two separate times; identical injuries; identical roster spots; different players).

I’ve needed half a point to win a game and had Drew Brees going on a Monday night. He scored NEGATIVE .3. I traded him the next morning and his career rejuvenated afterwards.

I've ended the careers of Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Lawrence Maroney (yes, that Lawrence Maroney), Javon Walker, Joseph Addai, Dontae Culpepper, and countless others that I’ve forgotten. I had Frank Gore the only year he was ever injured (10 years ago?) Donovan McNabb tore his ACL the year I had him. There is a prayer circle in the NFL where players openly pray I don’t draft them to my fantasy team (I made that part up, but it wouldn’t surprise me!)

This season, I’ve drafted a bunch of guys already hurt or coming off injuries. I want to be put out of my misery early. And sure enough, the last pick in this year’s draft has already been cut from his team lol. I had to go to the waiver wire already to pick up a friggin’ kicker. We get 20 “moves” per season so it looks like things have started out great!

It makes for great stories, and I have many, many more tales than this post can hold. My buddies joke about it. I’m known for it. Long live the Stripper Magnets and the new, rebranded and relocated $240WorthofPudding!

I still, for the life of me, have no idea why people hold drafts weeks before the season starts. I wouldn't do a money league if the draft wasn't this week.

I still remember being in a league many years ago that drafted in early August. Ricky Williams was picked first and it was the year he got suspended/retired about a week later. Sunk that dude’s team.

I prefer to draft Labor Day weekend after rosters are set and preseason injuries are known.

I still, for the life of me, have no idea why people hold drafts weeks before the season starts. I wouldn't do a money league if the draft wasn't this week.

My Richmond league drafted a week ago because it was the only time everyone could get together. My home league's a lot more flexible; we drafted Sunday night.

Man I'm glad that football's back. :)

My Richmond league drafted a week ago because it was the only time everyone could get together. My home league's a lot more flexible; we drafted Sunday night.

Man I'm glad that football's back. :)

For sure. I feel like I've been veeeery lucky to come in 2nd and then 3rd last year to start... Not sure I'll have repeat success this year.

I'm just glad to host/attend football sunday's, hit the bars for the 1pm games, etc.

10 Team Auction ESPN

QB Josh Allen $20
RB Gibson $45
RB Sermon $1
WR Diggs $46
WR McLaurin $35
TE Waller $38
Flex Pittman $2
D Rams $2
K Butker $2
Bench RB Hines $1
Bench RB Gainwell $1
Bench RB Ty'Son Williams $1
Bench WR Terrace Marshall $1
Bench QB Mayfield $1
Bench Elijah Moore $1
Bench TE Higbee $1

Obviously blew my money on 4-5 guys and the beer had something to do with it, but all in all I like this team

I've never understood it either. Imagine drafting a couple of weeks ago and drafting JK Dobbins. Oops.

The league I've been running the last 15 years or so is drafting tonight. We always draft the day after Labor Day just 2 days before TNF for opening night.

10 Team CBS with snake draft first two rounds only. Then mixes up. Even numbered teams get back to backs in various rounds. I had pick #4

QB Mahomes
RB Gaskin
RB CEH
WR Tyreek
WR Higgins
WR Shenault
TE Andrews
K Butker
D Bucs
Bench QB Ryan
Bench RB Darrel Williams
Bench RB Sanders
Bench RB Tony Jones
Bench RB Hasty
Bench RB Jemar Jefferson
Bench WR Diontae Johnson
Bench WR Calloway
Bench TE Higbee
I like this team. It's weighted towards QBs with large bonuses for long TDs

My favorite league. CBS 12 teamer with long time buddies. About 24 years in this league. 2 QB deep league with deep payouts. I had pick #7

QB Murray
QB Herbert
RB Gaskin
RB Harris
RB Javonte Williams
WR McLaurin
WR Calloway
WR Higgins
TE Gronk
TE Higbee
K Blankenship
K Gay
D Panthers
D Chiefs
Bench QB Goff
Bench RB M. Brown
Bench RB Damien Williams
Bench RB Tony Jones
Bench RB Gainwell
Bench WR Hardman
Bench WR Hollywood Brown
Bench WR Shenault

Because starters are picked first to keep one from hoarding a position, particularly QBs, I like this team as well. My RBs suck but I went QB first two picks so my depth there was obviously going to lack. I still like this squad.

Prepping for my 10-league half PPR.. and man.. that 3rd/4th/5th draft spots will be very tricky. Someone who lands there could very well wind up with Zeke AND Saquon. And while that might wind up working.. I think it would be distrous. I dont want either of them.. and someone might be forced to take both.

GOD DAMMIT, 4TH PICK.. unreal.

Kamara.. I guess 5th was worse, because it really meant Zeke Elliot for them (unless they wanted to dig past the elites).
Good deal. I always like the late picks. I like breaking hearts on the turn. I don't go with the "experts". I have my own cheat sheets and I will reach for guys. Pays off more often than not.

Good deal. I always like the late picks. I like breaking hearts on the turn. I don't go with the "experts". I have my own cheat sheets and I will reach for guys. Pays off more often than not.

I have a tendency to pick rookies and sophomores in the late picks. I grabbed the Jets Michael Carter, if for nothing else than he might be a starter before long. Where as all the other available RBs were more proven, but wedged in the 2nd or even 3rd spots on the depth chart.

1.(4)Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
2.(17)DeAndre Hopkins (Ari - WR)
3.(24)Chris Carson (Sea - RB)
4.(37)George Kittle (SF - TE)
5.(44)Julio Jones (Ten - WR)
6.(57)Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
7.(64)Tom Brady (TB - QB)
8.(77)Robert Tonyan (GB - TE)
9.(84)Antonio Brown (TB - WR)
10.(97)Will Fuller V (Mia - WR)
11.(104)Zack Moss (Buf - RB)
12.(117)Michael Carter (NYJ - RB)
13.(124)New England (NE - DEF)
14.(137)Marquez Callaway (NO - WR)
15.(144)Jason Sanders (Mia - K)

I like it, but who doesn't love their drafts? Aside from some guys I circled that got grabbed JUST before my pick.. Happy with the starters, all of them have their roles pretty well defined. Accidentally grabbed WFV a bit too early, but wanted him anyways. Like the Carter pick as a Jets fan. NE Defense fell to me, and they will be much improved with all those covid holdouts back. Marqueze Callaway was a great late-round pick. IDK why Sanders wasn't the #1 overall kicker.

Where I bit myself was waiting a little bit on QB.. but I think Brady could have a monster year.. and if he doesn't that likely means he's hurt and he doesn't win the superbowl.. so it's a win win.. Didn;t get a backup QB, and that will likely be my biggest hurdle.

Reactions: BC_Wader
I’ve played fantasy football for 16-17 years now. I’ve never collected money. There have been two times that I’ve had the best team in the league only to have season ending injuries take out my best players two weeks before playoff (two separate times; identical injuries; identical roster spots; different players).

I’ve needed half a point to win a game and had Drew Brees going on a Monday night. He scored NEGATIVE .3. I traded him the next morning and his career rejuvenated afterwards.

I've ended the careers of Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Lawrence Maroney (yes, that Lawrence Maroney), Javon Walker, Joseph Addai, Dontae Culpepper, and countless others that I’ve forgotten. I had Frank Gore the only year he was ever injured (10 years ago?) Donovan McNabb tore his ACL the year I had him. There is a prayer circle in the NFL where players openly pray I don’t draft them to my fantasy team (I made that part up, but it wouldn’t surprise me!)

This season, I’ve drafted a bunch of guys already hurt or coming off injuries. I want to be put out of my misery early. And sure enough, the last pick in this year’s draft has already been cut from his team lol. I had to go to the waiver wire already to pick up a friggin’ kicker. We get 20 “moves” per season so it looks like things have started out great!

It makes for great stories, and I have many, many more tales than this post can hold. My buddies joke about it. I’m known for it. Long live the Stripper Magnets and the new, rebranded and relocated $240WorthofPudding!

A buddy of mine ended Steve Young's career and Jerry Rice's season the same week, IIRC. I have begged him to not draft a 49er since.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
1.(4)Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
2.(17)DeAndre Hopkins (Ari - WR)
3.(24)Chris Carson (Sea - RB)
4.(37)George Kittle (SF - TE)
5.(44)Julio Jones (Ten - WR)
6.(57)Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
7.(64)Tom Brady (TB - QB)
8.(77)Robert Tonyan (GB - TE)
9.(84)Antonio Brown (TB - WR)
10.(97)Will Fuller V (Mia - WR)
11.(104)Zack Moss (Buf - RB)
12.(117)Michael Carter (NYJ - RB)
13.(124)New England (NE - DEF)
14.(137)Marquez Callaway (NO - WR)
15.(144)Jason Sanders (Mia - K)

I like it, but who doesn't love their drafts? Aside from some guys I circled that got grabbed JUST before my pick.. Happy with the starters, all of them have their roles pretty well defined. Accidentally grabbed WFV a bit too early, but wanted him anyways. Like the Carter pick as a Jets fan. NE Defense fell to me, and they will be much improved with all those covid holdouts back. Marqueze Callaway was a great late-round pick. IDK why Sanders wasn't the #1 overall kicker.

Where I bit myself was waiting a little bit on QB.. but I think Brady could have a monster year.. and if he doesn't that likely means he's hurt and he doesn't win the superbowl.. so it's a win win.. Didn;t get a backup QB, and that will likely be my biggest hurdle.

Good squad. I'm surprised Kittle fell that far so that you could scoop him up in round 4. That's the latest I've seen him go this year.

Good squad. I'm surprised Kittle fell that far so that you could scoop him up in round 4. That's the latest I've seen him go this year.

It is just a 10-team, so smaller league.

I really botched the Will Fuller V pick, Yahoo was acting buggy. I could have grabbed the LA Rams on defense, and probably gotten the best draft grade.

How about CBS Fantasy totally crashing last night???

10 team auction ppr

QB Dak
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Mixon
WR DK
WR Amari Cooper
TE Kittle
Flex Courtland Sutton
K McMannus
D Rams

BE Golladay
K. Drake
Waddle
Ronald Jones
M. Callaway
Ruggs

Went broke early. Bench not great but
there’s always the waiver wire.

10 team auction ppr

QB Dak
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Mixon
WR DK
WR Amari Cooper
TE Kittle
Flex Courtland Sutton
K McMannus
D Rams

BE Golladay
K. Drake
Waddle
Ronald Jones
M. Callaway
Ruggs

Went broke early. Bench not great but
there’s always the waiver wire.

Looks pretty good to me. I have yet to do an auction or keeper league. But you got a top5 QB, A top5 RB, and a top 5 WR, top 3 TE.. sprinkling in pretty good 2nd options.. the #1 defense, and who I think might be the steal of the draft (and who I grabbed), Callaway.

I think this is pretty good. And likely the best strategy.. Go for bust in an auction if that's how it works. You will likely find replacements on the waiver wire who are better than someone like Golladay.

Reactions: weused2luvhim2

I’m in a VERY similar situation. I’ve had 3 leagues going for at least 10 years. I’m always in the playoffs and have won 2 of the 3 leagues. The third league…. Been going for 13 years and only made the playoffs twice. Decimated by injuries every single year.

I had the #1 pick this year and lost internet connection during the draft(idiots scheduled it an hour before the UK game and I was tailgating). The app magically decided to auto draft Kamara for me. Just my luck in that league.

I’m in a VERY similar situation. I’ve had 3 leagues going for at least 10 years. I’m always in the playoffs and have won 2 of the 3 leagues. The third league…. Been going for 13 years and only made the playoffs twice. Decimated by injuries every single year.

I had the #1 pick this year and lost internet connection during the draft(idiots scheduled it an hour before the UK game and I was tailgating). The app magically decided to auto draft Kamara for me. Just my luck in that league.

What was your spot? Kamara isn't a bad choice unless it was top 2 or top 3. And it should have picked best available. Man, I picked Kamara over Zeke, hope I didn't botch that lol.

I was smoking a pork butt yesterday.. which, drinking aside, was probably the worst thing I could have planned while trying to draft at 8pm.

Reactions: Jdhays21
What was your spot? Kamara isn't a bad choice unless it was top 2 or top 3. And it should have picked best available. Man, I picked Kamara over Zeke, hope I didn't botch that lol.

I was smoking a pork butt yesterday.. which, drinking aside, was probably the worst thing I could have planned while trying to draft at 8pm.
I was #1. Should have had McCaffrey and the damn thing didn’t even give me Cook. Went on to Kamara.

Bought a Snake River Farm gold grade brisket for the first time to smoke for an NFL party Sunday. Couldn’t imagine trying to draft while running a smoker.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I missed my league’s draft this year. ESPN autodraft, we’ll see how it goes. I win the league the last two years.

QB: Allen
RB: Barkley, Gibson,
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin
TE: Hockenson
Flex: M. Jones Jr or M. Brown
DST: Broncos
k: Zuerlein

10 Team PPR/Flex
$60 Fee- MyFantasyLeague.com- Also includes NFL weekly Pick-em's

QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Gibson, M. Davis, Fournette, Mack
WR: K. Allen, Thielen, T. Higgins, Claypool, Fuller, E. Moore
TE: J. Smith
K: Myers
D: WFT

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
10 Team PPR/Flex
$60 Fee- MyFantasyLeague.com- Also includes NFL weekly Pick-em's

QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Gibson, M. Davis, Fournette, Mack
WR: K. Allen, Thielen, T. Higgins, Claypool, Fuller, E. Moore
TE: J. Smith
K: Myers
D: WFT

Pretty good. You're set with QBs. One of them is going to show out, but I did this a few years ago with Lamar and Russell Wilson (had them both two years ago, believe it or not).. and it was kind of a guess which one to start.

Some injury prone guys in Barkley and Fuller.. Jonnu Smith, hard to tell how many touches he'll get.

I'd look to trade one of those QBs at some point, maybe even midway through the year if other QBs get injured.. Because if Barkley goes down (or just sucks with that trash Giants), you'll need someone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT